2020-04-01 01:09:27

Hello guys. Previously in Politics and War, to create a nation you'd need sighted help. That has now changed! Alex, the game creator always being open to accessibility has added a dropbox to select what continent you want to be on, and the game auto places your nation on the map!
If you select South America, you'll be on Lima. North America, Chicago, Europe, Paris. Asia, somewhere in India. I can't remember what city. And for good old Aus, yule be on Sydney! You can still place your nation independently, however this feature is there for persons who can't see the map, or are just too lazy. Here's the link.

https://politicsandwar.com/register/ref=Jaidon+Vincent

And for those who don't know, Politics and War is a free to play browser game, where you build a nation. Declaire war on others, plunder their resources and so on. Its constantly evolving and about 5thousand nations have been created. Please use the link above so I can get a bonus. I'll give you 5 million if you reach 500 nation score. Also join an alliance. They provide protection and money for newbies. There are many alliances, but I'm apart of the confederacy of Iron States.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-04-01 11:47:35

What in gods name is the confederacy of iron states? I've never heard of it. I log on every day so that's an achievement.

2020-04-01 23:43:28

I tried playing this game years ago and didn't have any of that trouble. Just entered the latitude and Logitude I wanted. Tried it again today and realized why I quit last time.

It did spark my interest in some other old games I tried in the past so thank you for poking me to try virtomonics again.

2020-04-02 02:25:05

Well I tried this game, it sounds like it's lots of fun, it really does. The problems I'm having are that I have yet to receive my verification email, and now when I try to log in, it gives me a log in failure and tells me that my email password combination are wrong which is silly because I'm entering in the information exactly as I remember it. I'm guessing this is because my account isn't verified. Also, I couldn't enter in the latitude and longitude I wanted, nor could I even press the button to do it manually. So I don't know what to do at this point. It looks like this'll be one of those games that I simply won't be able to play. I'm using jaws as my screenreader and chrome as my browser if that's any help. Have a wonderful day to you all.

2020-04-02 04:27:52

Hi there,

I’m Alex, the creator of the game. I’m working on making it more accessible, so your feedback is much appreciated!

Currently you can’t enter the latitude and longitude, but you can manually select your continent below the map functionality. I’ve never used a screen reader so I’ll have to check one out to see for myself how it could be improved.

I am the creator of the text-based browser game Politics and War. It is free to play at politicsandwar.com

2020-04-02 13:43:37

Hi there Alex, this is karate25 here again. Do you think you could delete my account for me until you can tweek the game some more and make it more accessible? I'm not angry or anything at all like that, in fact, I would absolutely love this kind of game where you build something from the ground up. My email address is [email protected] just so you can find the account. I didn't even get my verification email yesterday which is why I think it won't let me log in now. It tells me that the password email combination I entered was incorrect. I will definitely be trying this game once again once some more tweeks have been made. If you can, the main screenreaders that are out there and are most commonly used, are Jaws for windows which would run you about 900 dollars or so, but a free option would be one called NVDA, otherwise known as non visual desktop access. Since you're willing to make your game accessible for us to play, then we'll do our absolute best to help you make that happen. Have a wonderful day sir and thank you for keeping us in mind with your really cool sounding game.

2020-04-02 17:12:39

Hi Alex! Glad to see you here! Karate, that's the only inaccessible thing about Politics and War. Other than that everything is good. In fact, now that Alex has added the combo box, everything is accessible.

_____

2020-04-02 22:41:32

I'm sure that's true #7, my problem is however, that I can't log back into the game to give it another shot. I'm being told that my password and email combination are incorrect and I know that isn't true. I suppose this happened because I couldn't verify my account via email since it didn't get into my inbox. And no, I didn't get it in my junk mail folder either, since I always look there too. It simply has yet to come and by now, it probably won't, since usually those kinds of verification emails only take a few seconds at most to arrive. This is why I asked Alex to delete my account so that I could maybe recreate and try again to find this accessibility feature.

2020-04-02 23:02:36

Just hit forgot password. They should send you a link. If you don't recieve a link to change it, just recrete a new account.

_____

2020-04-02 23:03:03

Hi guys
How balanced is the pvp with new players? IS it possible that you get attacked soon by other power hungry players?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2020-04-03 00:22:28

nope. You're in the colour block called beige for 2 weeks. In this time, other nations are not able to attack you. This is ample time to beef up your army, and joining an alliance. Alliances are powerful groups of nations that protect and aid one another. They give loans, grants, guides, and protect you from raders. A decent allince is confideracy of Iron States, or Schroot Farms. I'm in Confederacy of Iron States at the moment, but I highly recommend SF as well. You can find me as Vincentian Livlandia, and please use my link so I can get money. I'll give you a 10 million dollars out of the 25 million.

_____

2020-04-03 02:08:15

Hi there. I tried creating a new account, but unfortunately, I haven't got another email address to use, just my main one. So I suppose I'm out for now.

2020-04-03 03:06:37

What does this game has aside from the pvp?
I mean I'm not a big fan of it tbh but I love the idea of managing a nation.

2020-04-03 06:49:43

karate25 wrote:

I'm sure that's true #7, my problem is however, that I can't log back into the game to give it another shot. I'm being told that my password and email combination are incorrect and I know that isn't true. I suppose this happened because I couldn't verify my account via email since it didn't get into my inbox. And no, I didn't get it in my junk mail folder either, since I always look there too. It simply has yet to come and by now, it probably won't, since usually those kinds of verification emails only take a few seconds at most to arrive. This is why I asked Alex to delete my account so that I could maybe recreate and try again to find this accessibility feature.

maybe you out of google drive storage. that happened to me about a week ago, no emails coming to my inbox, so i checked google drive, and indeed, it is full.

2020-04-03 14:19:51

I haven't got a google drive account though since I don't use my gmail account at all, but rather comcast as my email provider. I've got a gmail account, yes but only because I have a youtube account and apparently, back then you had to set up both a google account as well as a youtube account and link them together.