2020-03-28 15:02:37

Hey there, everyone! Today after some days of delay I am ready and pleased to announce that a new version of Undead Assault has been released. This version should have fixed many of the previously reported bugs by users during the last release, and also includes some new additions that will be used in the future to make the gameplay better, hopefully. For the current moment, all servers (except spain, which will be updated during the day) are already updated to be compatible with the current release, and you can start enjoying the game. It is suggested to read the documentation and explore some of the new changes in the map, though. Cause more stuff will be built upon the new changes in that map. You can download the game from the official website  right here And also, you can see the list of changes below:

News

• Undead Assault now comes in an installer package for those users who want to install a copy of the game. Portable versions are still distributed.

• The documentation for Undead Assault has been rewritten and added to the documentation folder, located in the game installation directory or in the folder where the game has been unzipped.

• There is a new sound for doors, which will indicate every location where you can enter a different section on the map.

• Joystick related settings will be displayed in the settings menu only if a gamepad was connected before the game starts.

• Added a setting to choose whether to play the logo sound at startup or not.

• Added an option in the settings menu to change between 5 different main menu themes.

• New sections added to the current map. Use the locations menu to see where the doors areand open them to explore everything. More stuff will be added later on the new sections so you might want to know them for the future.

• Added windows from where zombies will be spawned. Windows are basically everywhere in the current map and have a sound to indicate their location.

• there is a new weapon, the olimpia. Take a look at it in the locations menu. This weapon will cost 2000 points.

• Volume groups introduced: This allows you to change individually volume for several sound groups such as zombie sounds, player sounds, weapons, music and game environment. Press F5 and F6 to navigate through sound groups, and F7/F8 to modify the volume for the selected group. In order to use this feature, you must already be in the safe zone or in a map.

Bugfixes

• Now, Windows users without Visual C++ redistributables installed in their system will be allowed to open the game. Take into account, though, that windows 7 requires the service pack 1 upgrade.

• Fixed an error that made Undead Assault freeze when attempting to paste something from the clipboard. It is possible to paste text from the clipboard when using in-game chats. Take in consideration that UTF-8 characters are not supported yet.

• Joystick users are able to change slider menu items (such as the input reading setting) correctly.

• Increased timeout when connecting to a server so you should be able to connect all the time to all available and working servers.

• Fixed an error in server code that was making players unable to move when spawned in the safe zone.

• Fixed an error that was giving points to players if they pressed enter in the box's location, after the box has moved away.

• Fixed an error that made the server give multiple weapons to players while being revived by a teammate.

• Fixed an error when interactive dialogs were generated that could potentially kick all players out of the map.

• fixed an error that some users were experiencing when attempting to send a private message. It is safe to send private messages again.

Changes

• Now all messages in the game are separated in buffers. So instead of using q, w, a, s, [ and ] to navigate between different kind of messages, now you can use a and s to switch between the 4 available buffers (public chat, local chat, private messages and server announcements) and q/w to read messages from the selected buffer.

• Improved text to speech options when the joystick is being used in the game.

• Restored automatic update feature within Undead Assault.

• Restored chat language selector in the settings menu.

• For joystick users, haptic feedback is restored. Also there is a new option to test this feature in the settings menu.

• Changed copy messages keys to only one key, F9, which will copy the currently selected message in the buffer.

• removed volume option in the settings menu (see sound groups above).

• Game logs are stored in the logs folder, located in the game config directory.

2020-03-28 15:32:39

hi manuel.
I sent you a PM asking if an offline or custom server version will ever be released.
Thanks

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2020-03-28 15:38:44

We don't need that, online version is the best to be honest

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-03-28 15:39:22

thank you thank you thank you! now I could play, downloading now! wait, is the %2 is not a valid win32 thing fixed? also, will it run at 32 bit windos?

2020-03-28 15:47:05

Hi,
@Meatbag this version is fully compatible with 32 bits systems (the old one was too, though this message was caused due to something else) but you should be able to run it just fine.
By the way, guys, the server located in spain is already updated.

2020-03-28 15:48:27

thaaaaaaaaaaanks! I hope I could play it again! its the its number 1 in audiogames now,

2020-03-28 15:50:41

Hello,
Thanks for the release. I hope translation templates will be updated some time.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-03-28 15:57:46

Thanks for the release. How do you run using a gamepad?

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2020-03-28 15:59:20

@burak I plan to start adding people again to the translation folder for the next version, so surely I'll contact you all.
@Aron Leppik You need to press the right  joystick while walking.

2020-03-28 16:03:11

their is a problem manuel, i tryed resetting my password but no mail arived

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2020-03-28 16:04:06

Beta server is also up.
@manuel i have a feature request: let's just say that some people like me want to have connection alerts turned on, so could you add afeature to toggle if you here those, since now they are off.

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-03-28 16:25:18

when I tried to reset my password for the US server I didn't get a email either. I had to create a knew account under my iCloud email.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-03-28 16:39:20

Very nice, downloading now. Hopefully I'm able to login to to the US server. big_smile

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2020-03-28 16:42:31

Hello,
There's a bug:
I die, then when a person playing with me quits the game, it doesn't end it just freezes, even when I don't have qr.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-03-28 16:45:48

Hi, a new bug has been introduced unfortunately. We were playing today and reached round 4, and during the round, no new zombies came and the entire game froze. We were all able to walk around and stuff but we couldn't go to the next round.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-03-28 16:46:46

Hey Manuel. I have sent a DM about this on Twitter as well, but you might have missed it due to many messages you received smile could you add Serbian as a chat language? Also, about the chat, I think in the next update you should make the /radio off command permanent so the chat stays muted after you restart the client. Either that, or perhaps make a setting so we can mute public chats while in a game. Or perhaps even better, now that you have a buffers system, just a shortcut to mute a specific buffer whenever we choose. Thanks for the great work.

2020-03-28 17:02:35

great! will get it

2020-03-28 17:06:02

hello
i have a problem: my screen reader doesn't read anything in the game.
i tried use narrator, tried installer version but nothing helps.

let's rock!

2020-03-28 17:12:13 (edited by TBlaze 2020-03-28 17:14:39)

I don't think the PW reset thing is working yet. I'm waiting to do my account over so I'm  able to jump back in the US server. And I'm sure Manuel has a lot going on at the moment.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2020-03-28 17:18:34

this is amazing, downloading

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2020-03-28 17:24:07

for my frend this error shows when he press enter on game
The procedure entry point ucrtbase._controlfp_s could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

2020-03-28 17:35:35

When I put the language of the dialogues on Romanian, the game closed and I cannot open it. It's about the installer. I also can't find the documentation anywhere. it would be good if you added Romanian as a chat language. How can I start the game?

Start of signature: I'm using a translation app.

If you like this post, please press the appropriate button.

2020-03-28 17:40:22

documentation folder is in undead assault folder

2020-03-28 17:47:37

Hay. Thanks for the update. There's an issue though, sometimes, after a while of playing, there goes a latency on each sound play

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2020-03-28 17:53:34

His is amazing I love the changes, I am waiting for more futers