2021-06-07 22:08:10

I should note that I bring up the licensing issue not to be obstinate but because it is a genuine issue. Without a license specifically spelling out what is allowed or not, what anyone can do with the code is questionable. When Danny released the code -- and when we originally worked on the DM series -- we were ignorant of such things, hence the lack of one.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-06-07 22:23:48

I mean fair enough. Lawyers gotta make a living some how. *sigh* I wish things weren't this dicey, though.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2021-06-07 22:27:14 (edited by Ethin 2021-06-07 22:27:35)

@152, I wish so too. And if we knew how problematic this would be back when this all happened I'm pretty sure things would be different.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2021-06-08 00:00:00

So we can probably just leave the code out of this discussion at this point, since from what I remember, the only DMNB code found was an old broken V1 server, in other words, pretty much entirely useless to everyone. I think we’ve got a little bit sidetracked, and that’s at least partially my fault, and I apologise. The main issue at hand, as I see it, is this particular version of E2, of which no publicly available source code exists.

2021-08-07 00:53:22 (edited by materiasentinel 2021-08-07 01:02:04)

Sorry for reviving this but does anyone know what version that is?
Edit, I'm an idiot and somehow managed to reply to this instead of a topic in developer's room.

Sentinel, out.
Contact me via telegram at t.me/velanGL, or through discord as azuremist. Do not pm me without informing me somewhere I need to read them as I do not check them and can't read the email this account is attached to

2021-09-04 17:53:13

hi i setup a dmnb server but how can i create things? i can create rooms and and other things but when i try there is nothing.
maybe someone can help?
contact me in elten username is derbruedi

2021-09-04 22:11:56

No.

2021-09-04 22:12:30

mods, close, this, topic, please

i am a system, i have headmates, and that is my life, and my discord is rings2006wilson#8609

2021-09-04 22:57:53

Hey everyone!
Plz send the server and client download link, because i can't download the game.

2021-09-04 23:16:06

Nobody can help you. Hell, I don't even remember the admin interface. I don't get why people are so obsessed with this game. Its long dead.

My Github

2021-09-05 00:58:17

Why are we still talking about this, it's done, dead, and buried. Leave it be.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-09-05 01:25:44

rofl, revive this thread, die, revive, die, revive. I would like to see the game tried? Yes. But with how the story of the game ended, I think it's better to forget it and that's it.

2021-09-05 04:39:20

It's a shitty game anyway, just leave it alone.

2021-09-05 08:43:15

@163 while I disagree with your statement (I loved being on there back in the day), I do think it's beyond time for this thread to be locked. This isn't even beating a dead horse anymore, this is beating a zombie horse that's already been shot in the head.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2021-09-05 12:51:37

I do recall I reported this topic some time ago as I wanted it closed from all the reviving that is going on, but the mods did not respond at all

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future