2020-03-16 08:28:26

Hi.
@manuelcortez: Thanks for your reply. Sounds good. It might be best to contact me privately by email. I currently have a lot of things on my plate, so it might take some time for me to reply.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-03-16 08:45:34

@96

Most Linux users hang out either over on the Orca Mailing List and the Blinux Mailing List

Feel free to announce about this game either one or both of those.

Hopefully, others can chime in for other spots.

Oh! Don't forget to mention about you're thinking about making a Linux port of this game on Twitter and Facbook. There's even more people on those platforms than anywhere else.

2020-03-16 14:01:37

why don't you create a generic language folder for everyone when the game comes out so everyone can have a chance to translate it in txt

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

2020-03-16 16:25:23

I agree with 103, just allow people to work on the translations themselves and submit them to you once they're ready.

BTW, will this game support unicode characters like the Cyrillic letters?

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2020-03-16 16:48:04

I think such things are supported in python. It is not a callless programming language like BGT.

start of my signature.
I admit that I am a very moody person. I understand that most things are wrong, I do very good things in my mouth and make people incredibly happy. But I'm not sure that people in most places understand my purpose, I think I'm wrong somewhere ... It's impossible for me to correct myself alone, and no one will help me.
end of my signature.

2020-03-16 16:57:07

This game of course supports Cyrillic being that it is in Russian.

2020-03-16 17:07:34

May I know, this game is available in IOS as well or just for windows?
Waiting for it....

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2020-03-16 17:35:24

only for inwodws. an iOS version of a lot of games like this is nearly if not fully impossible.

2020-03-16 18:34:14

Actually, I think I know of a few ways making a game like this for iOS could work. The first would be kind of like PapaSangre where you woult tap the screen to move, and swipe to turn, and maybe shake or up/down swipe to fire. The second, now that iOS fully supports game controlers, make it require an xBox 1 or PS 4 controller. The third is to take advantage of the improved keyboard support and make it use that. As a matter of fact, if you did, you'd be one of the first fps games on the app store to fully support keyboards.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-03-16 18:35:05

And I do look forward to playing this again. I thought it was rather  fun.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2020-03-16 21:15:13

Hey there. For the moment, windows is only supported. Of the big three, I think it would be way easier to support Linux and Mac than mobile operating systems. Also, unicode characters are fully supported, and translations are done with gettext, so a language catalog must be created and they should use poedit or something similar to translate, test and compile translation catalogs. Also server messages must be translated. So it's not just a matter of  translating messages in a txt file.

2020-03-16 22:02:56

I look forward to playing this, as I never had a chance to play this. If only I could play Ultrapower.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-17 00:10:17

I mostely work with PoEdit for translations. I like it more than dooing from web apps.

73 Wj3u

2020-03-17 09:10:19

secret_land wrote:

why don't you create a generic language folder for everyone when the game comes out so everyone can have a chance to translate it in txt

If he does that, then there might be multiple versions of the translations which would be bad in my opinion.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2020-03-17 09:14:20

I think that the translations that will be bad will not be accepted by the undead-assault executive team anyway. Is it wrong?

start of my signature.
end of my signature.

2020-03-17 16:19:26

I mean, how could they know? It's not like the developer speaks every single language. Ultimately it's up to the community. Usually however you find a few people to do the job and not everyone working on it and creating their own version.

2020-03-17 16:24:04

Hello!
I know that this maybe has been said but can someone tell me what this game is about?

2020-03-17 16:31:54

Hi,
It's a multiplayer game. You create a game where you can fight Zombies together with the other Players in your game. It's very fun.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-03-17 16:36:10 (edited by manuelcortez 2020-03-17 16:38:11)

About translations, please be patient, guys. I have decided not to allow people to translate whatever they want because as some of you kindly pointed above, I have no way to know whether a translation given to me is a good one. Also there are certain messages in the server part that are not included in the game and must be given to the people in charge of translations. So normally the process with new translators is time consuming because we must look for people who could tell us about the translation's quality and, of course, that anybody of such people would not be best friend of said translator.

2020-03-17 21:46:30

Connect to USA or Canada servers but... Undead Assault is back https://manuelcortez.net/blog/post/unde … -back.html

2020-03-17 22:03:46

@op:
Time to update topic title big_smile

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2020-03-17 22:24:53

So what if we have some bad translations here and there, it's not like each and every one has to be included in the game, especially if it's as easy as putting .txt files in a folder.

Although I do take the point that server messages would have to be translated by themselves.

And wow, it's already released? Fantastic news.

2020-03-17 22:40:01 (edited by animal metal 2020-03-17 23:59:01)

here is a very basic command list for those who dont remember the commands.
press enter on 0, 0 to join or start a new game
Tab-reports who is online.
F 1 through F4 displays the location of each player on your team. If they're dead, you will be notified of this too.
1 through 3 select weapon. 1=Knife, 2=Weapon 1, 3=Weapon 2. (you can only have 2 weapons on your person in addition to the knife.) When you first start the game, you will be armed with the knife and M1911. Note that the knife can not be removed.
Space fires selected weapon.
R reloads your weapon (you'll need to do this when first starting a game.)
(Please note that adding shift to these 3 following review keys will jump you to the start and end of the log, respectively.)
Q and W cycle back and forth through the game messages. This includes chat messages, round announcements and kills. 
Control Q and W will allow you to cycle through the server messages.
A and S cycle back and forth through private messages.
[ and ] will allow you to cycle through your map chat messages.
U will respawn your character. Please note that you will only be able to respawn after a round has ended.  The alternative way to respawn only happens if you have aquired the quick revive. you will be able to respawn after 5 seconds after dying. A game will only end when everyone in your team is no longer alive.
P will tell you how many points you have currently.
D will present a menu with all the objects on the map and their location. For now, this list only shows the power switch, gift box, perks  and doors.
H reports your health. Your character starts with the  health of 60.
K will report your kills, shift K will report everyone else's (not implemented yet.)
apostrophe will allow you to send a private message to anyone on the server. In the first box, enter the players name (case matters for now.) Press enter. The second box is where you will enter your message. Hit enter when your done and your message will be sent. Inversely, slash opens the public chat. Simply write your message and hit enter to send.
Note that you can send a message to anyone on the server, even if multiple teams are playing.
Shift / will allow you to send a map chat that only people on your same map can see.
Control tab will allow you to see a list of all the users online. (note: pressing enter on any of the names in the user will allow you to copy that name straight to your clipboard.
shift apostrophe replys to the last user who you private messaged.
Enter opens the gift box.
Z will report your current ammo count. For now, this is your total ammo type for that particular weapon, rather than a clip. So spend wisely!
Arrows-will move you in their respective directions. The click you hear when switching to a new direction means you will also be aiming in that direction.
Left or right shift in conjunction with arrows will make your character run.
C reports your location.
B reports the location of the gift box (more on that in the moment.)

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2020-03-17 23:07:54 (edited by BigGun 2020-03-17 23:08:49)

Just downloaded it but it refuses to run. I just get a dialog box that says that there was an error. Here's the traceback it gave me.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\manuel\Documents\GitHub\undead-assault\client\env\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 40, in run
  File "C:\Users\manuel\Documents\GitHub\undead-assault\client\env\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 37, in run
  File "main.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\manuel\Documents\GitHub\undead-assault\client\env\lib\site-packages\wx\__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\manuel\Documents\GitHub\undead-assault\client\env\lib\site-packages\wx\core.py", line 12, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

2020-03-17 23:36:16

Your score is: 278635 points and 639 killed zombies. Do you want to tweet it?