2020-06-30 22:01:36

my big issue with the handgun is the sound for it is extremely loud, that it can droun out speech at times, or makt it hard to hear tracking beeps while firing it. I agree with ironCross, kin of like the m60/m240 in swamp, just have it use multiple  bullets per shot from your ammo amount, then have the right hitsound for the number of bullets, then have a good dammage for one bullet figured out, then multiply it by 5 (if you still have the machinegun dammages laying around) or just make completely new ones. Then, vwalah. It's probably not what ironcross was talking about but thats how i would do it.

Thumbs up

2020-06-30 23:01:44

I think there's always some persons that won't be happy with a game, you can't satisfy everyone.

Thumbs up

2020-06-30 23:51:40

My issue with the sounds is they are very loud across the board. I know it's an audiogame trope but we do need ways to lower the weapon volume that aren't go into volume mixer...

And yeah, weapons need to be made to stand out. I've a few ideas...such as, hm, let's see...

1. You gotta stand still to fire the cannon, that way you can't run and gun with one of the most powerful weapons

2. Again, fuel for the chainsaw and it burns through it by having it activated....and yes. You need to buy fuel, more things to spend coins on. It takes 3 hits to get through a shield which makes the chainsaw OP as hel for this and couple it with the knockdown, it's pretty much free kills.

3. On that note....change up the being knocked down by weapons. Something like a pistol wouldn't send you to the floor or being hit with a chainsaw. Yeah I'm griping about the chainsaw because it needs rebalancing again, when you can hold right and tap space and mow down everything in your way, still, and you run quickly with it too...it's unbalanced as hell.

4.. I'd like to see NPCs around the map to practice on too, even if they just go back and forth between coordinates and attack players

5. I'I never know when the animals are sneaking up on me so I mostly just shoot and hope. I'd like a hotkey or something to tell mee where the nearest animal is

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2020-06-30 23:52:54

I really don't like the inventory system being on just tab and shift tab. It takes forever to get to things I'd use commonly. I also don't believe ammo should be in the inventory at all. Ammo packs, OK, but you open them and you hear a sound meaning you got the ammo, now why do you need to see that ammo in the inventory. The disadvantages far outweigh the advantages.

The advantages being that you can cycle through and know how much of every type of ammo you have. The disadvantages are the time it takes to do so. Also, the inventory items are sorted in no logical order that I can see. But I will say that if I want to know how much of a given type of ammo I have, I'll pull out that weapon and check, and if I don't have it, I don't care if I have ammo for it. But if you wanted to still show it, maybe a second key for just ammo.

Actually, I have an idea for inventory sorting. Let's say different categories like ammo, restoratives, miscellaneous, etc. Tab and shift tab could cycle you through categories and maybe home and end could go up and down through them.

I would like to see a quick action or  favorites system though where I could assign a certain item to a key combo or something.

Some of the sound are a bit over the top I'd say. Like the hand gun as someone mentioned. The cannon itself is just loud and annoying, though I think it may be meant to be that way to reduce your hearing while you get it ready to let people have a chance to kill you. The cannon ball kind of sounds like some sort of roving minifridge or something? It's not bad per se, it's just not really indicative of a cannon ball in my mind.

All that aside, I really do like the game even though I suck at it. I suck at a lot of games, but this one is pretty good. I also like the fact that the devs/admins are trying to keep a decent environment. They're out front and not behind a wall and are trying to keep things light-hearted. I respect the hard work and dedication that's gone into this game, and it shows how the team represent themselves to the player base.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2020-06-30 23:56:04

for my part, I'd just like to say that weapons ar eloud so I expect them to be loud.  Beyond that, everything else in Iron's post 329 is spot on.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-06-30 23:57:30

Oh and as for the cannons being so powerful?  Learn to seriously jump, peoples.  You can avoid cannon balls making them rather useless.  Yes, they are rather useless if you shoot them against me.  If you're having trouble avoiding them I'll either assume you haven't learned the art of jumping or your internet is the issue.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 00:01:42

you can't jump them. You die regardless. You have to run and either dash up a staircase, or keep running and jumping opposite them and hope they run out of range.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-01 00:12:09

Did they recently tweak them?  I mean no more than two days ago I was jumping them.  the trick is to wait for them to come at you and then jump to the other side.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 00:26:02

I guess, because I picked the perfect moment and was in the air when it hit, and it still hit me.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-01 01:41:59

I jumped one goo enoug today. hmm

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 02:03:14

. same as knives and anny bullet if you time it rightyou can jump them still

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 02:05:20

You can no longer jump cannons.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-07-01 02:32:51

I stand corrected, you can no longer jump cannons.
And now things have gotten really interesting, because to get anything you have to, um, well, go to the main map.
and bye bye went the animals.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 02:38:15

No, the animals are still around, they're jjust lurking in the rainforest and in the caves.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-07-01 02:52:03

the animals are still their, their just not as common. the lions and, monkeys,  wolves are in the rain forest, and the bears are in the bear caves.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 03:04:20 (edited by Nocturnus 2020-07-01 03:04:53)

Again, I stand corrected, and found them.  And I like it.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 03:11:20

hi all. about the huge amount of lagg that happens in the main map. it's fixed right now. have fun.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 03:13:00

and about some powers and overpowered weapons, i agree on some of them, and i am now trying to see what weapon should do what and whatnot, e.g. the sniper walktime must be slower when the player hold them, and all of that.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 03:21:28

Sniper and cannon, given how heavy it technically is when you think about it.  Beyond that I don't think you need do much.  I mean if you just tweak the amount of speed a person has when using them, someone could easily get in a ton of shots with less heavy weapons such as knives?  that would be me...  I like the fact that both sniper and cannon take awhile to reload, so if you time it just right that would be the best way to get in on someone using them.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 03:24:53

The bigger the gun, the slower you should walk. Something like the handgun or laser probably shouldn't have any walk time penalty. The laser machine gun though, probably should. I don't get the point of that one if I'm honest, since it doesn't shoot fast enough to be considered a machine gun. I'm also not sure why it doesn't take ammo.

I don't know how big of an ask this is, but I'd love it if you guys would categorize weapons and put similar ones under repeated presses of a number key. This would let you have more weapons, but without running the entire keyboard trying to find keys to activate them. I see mainstream games do this all the time. An example of which might be your one handed, smaller weapons. In this game, I kind of see the hand gun and laser going under that category, Melee weapons like the sword and chainsaw could go under another, long ranged weapons like the sniper and crossbow might go under yet another. So if you wanted to cycle through weapons in the same category, you would just tap the associated number key until you got to it.

For the biggest of guns, like the minigun and cannon, maybe disallow jumping entirely, and reduce the speed at which you climb as well. Weapons like that should really hamper your movement.

End racism
End division
Become united

2020-07-01 03:37:05

Great ideas in this topic

Devs, remember what I said last night.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 03:44:24

With 345 here.  It goes along with what I posted above concerning equipment.  The heavier the gear, the slower you'll walk.  This is why someone who is a hardcore combattant might choose to wear extensively defensive equipment, while someone who's more of a stealth fighter would opt to practically fly through the map.  This also gives team play some great perks if you ever decide to really fully implament that, as someone could serve more as a punching bag while the other guy acts as the hitter or blaster.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 10:03:11

thanks for the ideas, taking everything into  consideration.

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 10:45:29

@343:

Snipers are not that heavy actually. So say people who hunt with them and have been in the military with them so....as for cannons, those are heavy things so yes, I tend to think cannons like on a pirate ship so you should IMO essentially be pushing them along, no jumping, nothing like that.

Also I'm having issues finding the new store, I go to the city and don't find it, as in I find Nocturnus, Raven Drive and don't find the store in that area

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2020-07-01 11:15:58

keep walking right and you will find it.

Thumbs up