2020-06-29 01:15:21

Oh god, instead of improving it's getting even worse?

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 01:23:18

LMAO they aren't learning anything. I'm going on to see how its going, but knowing defender it'll act like a meow when I attempt to update this thing.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 01:33:48

I agree, they aren't even reading haha. Actually this will become like one of those communities, little corners with only devs and 2 or 3 players roaming on the thing, if they keep discouraging us to play like that. Lol

Take care.
Mike.

I don't play games as much as I wish, but you can know that it's me if there's a John Weed over there. Ha ha!

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 01:35:54

Hey, Jaidon?  Stupid question, but why the blazes not add it to defender as an exclusion?  If you did that already I don't see why defender should give you a fit about it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 01:38:04

it actually does, something changes on the exe apart from the name but it dettects it anyways. Same happens with cp.

Take care.
Mike.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 02:09:31

that's why you add the folder as the exclusion...

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 02:18:09

OK. So I have a excluded folder called BGT games, I slap all my BGT games in there. Blood storm works fine, but if I attempt to auto update it, defender thinks its installing naughty stuff, so it tosses a hissy fit.

_____

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 02:43:53

yes, it does. Do the following. It worked for me.
1. Deactivate deffender's cloud protection and the other protection as well.
2. Download the squeeky thing.
3. Unzip.
4. exclude and readd the folder to exclussions.
It's a tough process, but ñeh.

Take care.
Mike.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 03:04:04

Well, trolling definitely will not encourage any imporvement. That's a heads up to you guys that don't provide suggestions, but wait for a perfect opportunity to unleash some nice and deep slashes at the game.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2020-06-29 03:07:47

We suggested a lot, we haven't been listened is another thing.

Take care.
Mike.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 03:09:49

also, something what was added by voting was removed, hence showing that devs don't listen players.

Take care.
Mike.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 03:13:36

If we really wanted this to become like any of the games you guys mentioned, do you really think we would be here right now? No, the moderators probably would of closed this topic in under 3 days. We're trying our best here. The sad part about this is some of you expect things that other people don't like, and vice versa. One side: Add a wand! Other side: Nooooooooo! Dont' add a wand! And then when we do what one side says, the other side gets all reeeeeeeeee up in your faces, screaming this and that about how this is too overpowering, or how this isn't right.
The sad part about this is that you can never satisfy people. If one side says sure, add it, the other side immediately explodes.
We never forced you guys to play this game. We are attempting to make it as unique as possible. In fact, we have a massive overhaul coming up pretty soon. But comparing this game to clones, isn't going to bring any good vibes, especially to a game like Bloodstorm where two devs are trying to manage a database of over 250 players.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-06-29 03:16:06

@JohnWeed: That's easy. Let's just do everything for one side and watch the whole side roar to life in a flurry of threats to leave the game, how the game has become like City Mass or other clones, which wasn't intentional in any way, and how the developers don't give a damn about the player base. If we didn't give a damn about the player base, do you evne think we would keep on developing this game?

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-06-29 03:53:13 (edited by john_weed 2020-06-29 03:55:04)

Yeah yeah. You guys are actually giving a damn but only about your friends. I haven't heard any single person apart from only 1 random guy who wanted the wand to stay. And sure he would want it. Everyone loves free kills and lots of owning. But when it comes to pvp or just exploring, lots of mages run after you and all of them start throwing spells at you, that's certainly another thing.
I mainly liked bloodstorm because of its pvp fighting system thing, more stable and fair than in other clones. My fellow spanish community members have made me try every existing clone, that's wwhy I say this. But if we start chasing everyone with magic, killing lots of animals just standing in a tree and winning hundreds of coins that we do not really deserve just for doing that, nice for cheating but bad for playing.
PD: no more threats (As you call them) From me. I'm leaving this thready alone, at least till something good happens to the thing. As you said before when the leaked map thing happened. Truth , hurts.

Take care.
Mike.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 04:25:47

The truth hurts only if it is meant as the real truth. This is not turning out to be the case.
We have decreased the damage of the wand by half. All spells that used to be effective are now mere scratches. We also doubled mana. But even then we are still getting some strange complaints regardless of our adjustments. But no one is forcing you to play our game. Have a good day.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-06-29 04:29:51

Unfortunately, I can’t play this game now because it says server unreachable. I’m not sure what’s going on.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 04:34:04

Lol, does it? They might be making changes or god knows. Xd

Take care.
Mike.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 05:52:17

@tunmi13, you'll have to forgive me, but when did I ever troll this game?  If I'm going to be accused of trolling this game I'd like some evidence of the fact, because to date, I( do not ever recall trolling a game.  Might I have tried to voice a constructive criticism about a game?  Sure!  I like to see improvement!  Have I ever said a game was crap or worse?  Nope.  If you feel like my making suggestions was trolling a game, then chances are you're going to have to point out why.  Fact is?  I haven't seen anyone on this topic in the past 50 or so posts trolling this game; all they've done is voice opinions about it, some a little louder and more emphatic than others.  If I'm going to fall under that umbrella though?  I'd like to have deserved it, given I just went to bat for you in another post where people were suggesting all you do is seek attention.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 06:09:47

@Nocturnus, he ment the people that just repeet the stuff they here, the cm and constent battle thing, not you
also, the server will be down for sometime, the old one just whent dead.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 06:17:09 (edited by George_Gaylord 2020-06-29 06:28:20)

LMAO you're beginning to prove Simter right. All folks were trying to do is give you constructive advice to keep the game with its theme. Instead you brush it off like spam or trolling.

I'm also going out on a lim here and say its also unfair of you to say John Weed was trolling, when yesterday he was asking everyone on the surver, yourself included to stop the Elliquence fuckery. So, Tunmi, you should becareful of the direction where you guys are taking the game, or else it'll become just like the others before it sadly.

Also, you said you can't make everyone happy. Tell me how many people in this topic, or even on server actually liked the introduction of the wandd? Even an Admin on there was shocked. Also keeping with that last point, as a developer, you don't have your own personal vision to carry the game? I mean, would you put in fairies in a game about suburban life? no. Would you do it if one loud mouth said, "OOOoOOO it'd be super cool if we could have fairies to do our homework!" Nope, you won't. Its the same here. If you of yourself had a vision for the game, you'd draw the line at things you will impliment, and things that aren't with the theme of the game.
That being said though, munis the wand and Bloodstorm is still one of the best games we have. And in fact its the last actual 2D BGT FPS. I know some jerk is gonna come n here because i called it an FPS, but leave me. Eitherways, back to it. I still look forward for the betterment and expansion of this game. I'd really hate for a good ethical gem like this to crumble down.

EDIT:

I didn't see ohammed's post, because he wrote it before me.

_____

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 06:22:02

People, let us not flame the already dangerous fire that is waiting to billow out of control. at any time now, the wrong people could come here and blow this out of perportion.  Lets all back off a bit and let the devs do what they do for the game, try to make it better.  When this started they were both fairly new developers and learning from one another, and working together, we have the current bloodStorm.  To say that they don't listen is an under statement.  They took away the machine guns like many of you asked, brought them back when much complaining was heard when they were removed, they brought back the glider like many of you wanted, they got rid of it like many of you wanted when it was beeing used unfairly in fights.  You wanted more powerful weapons, you got them, and they got a power decreasement because you wined about it.  The wand, ah now that is an intresting adition to the game.  Its new, different, and made for intresting fights.  I myself don't care if it stays or goes.  The spells were all most defenatly dodgable. and as for the picking off of animals on the animal map from the trees, i do agree that that has to change.  players shouldn't have to or be allowed to gain easy money like that. they should actually work for it.  Oh yeah and as for the ice spell stunning you, why not.  Their are many games that have weapons that stun in the sighted world, and just because 1 terrible game known as tk used them, why can't blood storm?  Just because it does it doesn't make it TK, I understand that other on line fps games used them before tk, so why not harp on that shit.  Damn that was a lot of mentioning of tk.  Anyways.  I guess my point was that the devs do listen, and if you don't like the game, don't play it.  Theirs only 2 devs and they are trying to do the best they can do.  Don't forget that they also have lives like many of you, so they also have to balance that as well.  So instead of trying to tare apart one of the few on-line multi player games with Devs and admins who listen, play, and interact with the players they bring something 2, lets try to enjoy it for what it is, a place to go to to have fun, chat, chill, explore, and all that jazz.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 07:54:35

is the server down?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2020-06-29 08:27:56

@Vulcan_Raven, I'm alright with your points, save for the fact that when you change something just for the sake of change, you give off the impression that you don't have any clear vision of where the platform, be it game or other such service, is going.
right, am going to throw some stuff out here here and see where this goes.  It may go nowhere but since I did say I had things I think might actually make the game worth more than it is right now?
1.  At present, weapons don't have much in the way of separate effects.  A gun regardless of what kind of gun it is just subtracts HP from you.  I'll explain in finer detail below but I honestly think that when I'm done you'll have a greater understanding of what I'm getting at here.
2.  I love throwing knives.  that being said?  you can throw too many of them far too fast, and you can't pick up the ones you've already thrown, which makes no sense.  consider adding a stun effect when you're hit; it would not apply if shield is up.
3.  Crossbolt.  Beautiful, but slow.  Consider making it a more strategic weapon by making its ammunition poisonous which would turn it into a truly tacticle weapon.  Obviously it wouldn't work well against the shield, but once shields are down the weapon becomes exceptionally effective.  Pierce your enemy and the poison reduces health over a small amount of time unless, say, you take an antibiotic?
4.  More equipment.  This could add possibilities you otherwise wouldn't have.  You already have the frequency scramblers, so why not have more stuff in this department?  A device that helps you avoid the tracker?  Shoes that make you jump further or run faster?  ON the other hand, perhaps you prefer more in the way of protection so you'd wear riot gear which might make you slower and heavier.  That last one could also have the added disadvantage that because its heavier and the like it wouldn't let you climb certain areas such as trees?  Mek it strong enough to give the player who wears it incentive to stay on the ground but not strong enough that they're vulnerable if they're attacked enough.  Anyone wearing it would find it hard to dodge a cannon or a missile, for instance.
5.  Robots are cool, but they move far too much and cost a ton of coins for what little they do.  Consider an unmanned auto-machinegun.  It would have the disadvantage of not moving, obviously, but would be able to fire from a given range.  IN order to be exceptionally effective and balanced, of course, the player would have to purchase multiple copies, as throwing one down would allow it to only fire in that given direction.  so, if, for instance, you're facing right, you'd throw the auto-machinegun right and it would only be able to fire that way.  Once you jump over it to the left, it becomes useless.  the beauty here is that not only would they have to buy the guns, but the ammunition to keep filling them!  Sure it could have a long chamber; perfectly acceptible, but they'd have to keep loading it if they want its protection.  Also?  It's subject to the same issues as robots, meaning you could still take them out with a well place mine or hand grenade or some such.
If you want further ideas I'd be willing to give them.  I have plenty to go with and, I think I could more or less keep shooting off the top of my head for quite some time.

Thumbs up +1

2020-06-29 09:31:16

Some very good suggestions, Nocturnus.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-06-29 10:39:39

I can't connect to the server.

Thumbs up