2019-12-04 19:11:48

Even if you are not employed right now, your input is still vital.
https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/8ZP2KW3
The current data we use to determine what government programs get funding, which methods have succeeded and which have failed, even how much disability money we get, is over a decade old, and overly broad in scope.
This World Blind Union survey is attempting to update that information, but to do it properly, the survey needs to be spread far and wide.  So please, do your part by filling it out and sharing it anywhere you think people might care, and it will be sure to benefit us all!

Thanks Everyone.

2019-12-04 20:24:36 (edited by Chris 2019-12-04 20:28:29)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I just filled this out and will be sending it to some people. Maybe this will help, who knows. I hope we can get past the whole liability to me and/or my company nonsense one of these days. It's very discouraging to receive this message indirectly. People can't outright say it, but I suspect this is the primary reason for rejection 99% of the time. I've never believed it's right to lie or omit blindness when applying for something. The potential employer is going to find out eventually, and withholding the information might make a bad impression. I'd much rather be up front and have honest conversations. It's a shame most people in the business world don't think that way.

I was also pleased to see questions about entrepreneurship on the survey as well. I'm seriously thinking about going down that path. If no one wants to give me the opportunity, why not do it myself? Sure, being an entrepreneur isn't easy, but the more I think about it, the more Ibelieve it is the right path for me. I'm not beholden to someone else for my professional success and I'll probably be much happier overall. Job hunting has been a nightmare. I'm getting tired of tossing my resume into the black hole and waiting on someone to take notice. Most of those job applications use online algorithms anyway, so there's no guarantee your resume will ever be read by someone. Even if it is, it could be scrapped for a variety of reasons. Ah well, enough rambling from me.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-12-04 21:03:21

filled it too and will be sharing it among people I know. Wishing you all the best.

2019-12-04 21:11:02

Hi.

I'll fill this out but I really don't like how they used headings instead of paragraphs.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-12-04 21:17:39

Hi.

I filled it out but yeah, I really don't like survey monkey.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-12-05 02:51:22

I filled it out but I don't at all like how the website it layed out.

2019-12-07 03:44:53

Thanks to everyone who took the survey.
And yeah I agree the headings are pretty annoying, though you can always turn off heading announcements temporarily...

2019-12-09 03:17:55

Bump