2019-12-02 03:24:40

Look at the games page on his website. It clearly says that it's unavailable until he fixes things. Give him time. And as for the JAWS issues, you may just have to use NVDA. Personally, I prefer NVDA anyways because JAWS is an overrated waste of money

2019-12-02 16:15:15

rwbeardjr wrote:

Look at the games page on his website. It clearly says that it's unavailable until he fixes things. Give him time. And as for the JAWS issues, you may just have to use NVDA. Personally, I prefer NVDA anyways because JAWS is an overrated waste of money

ok, i didn't see that but thanks anyways. Also agree with how you feel with JAWS. Why should i buy JAWS for about $1000+ when i get JAWS for free, and VNDA has add-ons that give it more flexability and voices than you can get with JAWS. Sure you have scripting with JAWS, however thats not in a, like, regular language like python.

2019-12-04 04:29:11

so, i can't get version 9.0.0.1 or whatever its called?

2019-12-04 12:48:36

@76 and 77, This topic is related to the game beatstar so I think you should not ya know talk about those opinions about JAWS and NVDA here. There's no point in repeating everything and you won't gain anything by posting this here. What I want to say is that there was no need of you adding to your message that JAWS is an overrated waste of money.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-12-04 20:52:45

PEOPLE ASKED About USING THE GAME WITH JAWS AND THEY GOT AN ANSWER SO IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO ASKED BE GLAD YOU GOT AN ANSWER AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019-12-06 21:08:22

I wonder if I upload a pack in RAR format to Oriol's site, it will be rejected? I didn't know that you must upload them in ZIP format.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)

2019-12-06 23:21:14

Don't know exactly why but yes. Packs can only be zip files

2019-12-07 11:28:03

Hi
no, rar files are fine actually

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-12-07 11:28:40

By the way, I put up a couple new packs on the game, so check your download packs option guys

2019-12-07 11:37:33

Any news on the new version? I'm looking forward to trying it out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-12-07 13:56:34

there's a bug with wealthy chance keeping me from posting it, and it only happens in certain computers or setups, so... I'm trying to figure out what it is.

2019-12-07 14:40:13

Hmmm, if the bug is just limited to the wealthy chance game, perhaps just post with a note, since maybe feedback from people's setups who encounter the bug will help in resolving it?
If not, waiting is fine too, I just rather fancy trying those new missions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-12-07 15:15:58

If it goes up, I won't be able to tell you much for about another week when I get back to my comp

2019-12-07 18:55:04

what exactly seems to be the issue encountered. please inform us so I can see i it can be reproduce on my end. I can then throuw in my hardware spex while i'm at it. I can try it on my laptop and desktop and we can see what we can see. perhaps there's a common thred. when there is  more people that helps you. on different hardware, the easier you'll find it to track things down.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2019-12-07 19:10:53

apparently, you can only play the game once and then the game throws you off when you play for a second time if you don't close the game. it's weird because it seems to have something to do with where the game looks for sounds, but I played 2 or 3 different games and it didn't happen to me

2019-12-07 21:11:58 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2019-12-07 21:18:13)

With the new version, that happens in minigames that uses the sounds from the pack loaded.
The minigame "memory" has this problem. If you play it and view the console after the game over, the console will give you messages saying that it cannot load some sounds, when they actually are in the correct location. BTW, why the file path have two bars before the file name of the action? For example.
file:///C:/Users/username/beatpacks/default//o1.ogg  (two bars before "o1.ogg")
It shouldn't it be file:///C:/Users/username/beatpacks/default/o1.ogg? At least that's the console output I get after play the memory minigame.
Also, in the minigame of guessing the music or everything from your packs, has a problem. I deleted a pack, rebuilt the packs folder to reflect this change, it still tries to load the directory that contained the pack I deleted. I don't know if it's my save data or what.
I haven't been having any problems in playing the normal rhythm game in the new version.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2019-12-07 22:32:40

oh, so the memory game has the problem too? ok
alright, as for the slashes, I think that's just the way files are displayed, I don't put those slashes in there.

2019-12-07 22:51:49

beatstar 9.1.0 is out, note that I am not 100% sure I fixed the wealthy chance bug.
However....

Fix a bloody error with importing a save with a tts voice that was not installed in the imported machine (from mac to windows or vice versa, a friend's computer, etc.
You can now import and export your save between all your computers, if you wish to.
This is handy for backups, to make sure you don't lose your pack progress, etc. When you lose beatcoins, you can't import an older save file until an hour has passed.
Added an option to say score (from 1 to 100). Maybe to learn how to play?
Music quiz game rewriting, with a number of changes:
1. You keep playing until you fail as long as there is music to play.
2. Music will no longer repeat itself anymore.
3. Now, fails, pack names, and main menu loops can be part of the sounds you can get tested on.
4. You now get a beatcoin prize and a safeguard prize if you're good.
5. fix memory leak

Due to a minor bug in the download packs function, you will need to use the most recent versions of beatstar to download the newest packs. You will know this because the file is called hashes.packdata, instead of hashes.packInformation or hashes.db
Fix memory leak in pack editor
Major change in how beatstar handles keys in the game, you will no longer fail if you press a key that is not one of the action keys.
Fixed double or nothing language files.
Fix an error with spanish and tts
Enabled automatic error reports system.
I managed to get auto detect screen reader working, I think.

2019-12-08 02:15:13

Unfortunately, I received the following error when attempting to download the latest mac version. "The requested url could not be found on this server".

2019-12-08 06:38:09

Hi,
So I downloaded the game and played it for a while. The thing is that whenever I am pressing tab while in the game, I am hearing a sound like when NVDA changes from Brouse mode to focus mode. Is it supposed to happen? I am using NVDA only.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-12-08 06:40:40

Yeah, that sometime happens. I got used to it.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU

2019-12-08 06:54:58

If it still exists, you may want to use the new keyboard layout

2019-12-08 07:27:26

hi yes
use the new layout, I think it-ll be better
I'll try to deliminate that focus change
if I can
nanyway mac version wasn't posted yet. until people have played some wealthy chance games and can confirm that the bug is fixed
then I will post it

2019-12-08 11:41:31

So this might be a stupid question, but is it possible to play Beatstar with Jaws, and if it is, how do you do so.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2019-12-08 12:51:31

O, in the Ready set go game,  sounds do not play