2019-11-30 10:02:43

Well that is the game finished as far as credits go.
I must admit after octorus and iroadium, the stadium was mostly an anticlimax. Heck my party was level 61 and 62, but I tried anyway, got to Matthew, then bought some extra healing items, checked up some weakness types  and  tried again more successfully.
It was quite down to the wire with matthew, but it came down to a mortrex v mortrex fight, neither able to damage the other,  my unending curse finally got the better of his black bite big_smile.

Obviously though now its grind time, Now however its grind time, as well as checking out post game stuff before I go and buy manamon 2, and goodness knows how long that will take me.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-30 10:20:18

When I fought Matthew, my guys are at 67 or 68. And for the Mortrex, I just use my deciced and be done with it.

2019-11-30 11:00:34

I was going to level my team up a bit higher, but i was completely sick of ascendence path by that point, I'll probably have to do it now though.
Btw, Is it me, or does the hole space rocket thing feel a bit unfinished? particularly with how late in the game you got some manamon like Galvano.
Ah well, there's always manamon 2, and I liked the sequel references with matthew and Rena going off elsewhere.
Unfortunately now I will be having a very boring time since I've got about 20 different manamon who all need evolving, though at least I can level my main party up while I do  that using the xp pals.

Btw, a shame that there aren't some more diverse lower level areas later in the game, since it'd be fun to get random battles around the same level as the manamon your trying to evolve rather than grinding the same areas again and again.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-30 18:40:18

Manamon 1's postgame is extremely short. It's definitely got the feeling of an afterthought to me. I mean, after the apparently wonderful space-launch cutscene, it's all "We have to go Sierra. Okay mom" and that's...pretty much it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-01 14:44:45

It also seems a little odd in terms of manamon levels, given the highest level wild manamon I've seen seems to be 67, and even then there is a huge gap between ascendence path and crescent walk in terms of levels. It'd actually be nice if towards the end of the game you could open up an area with all wild manamon available scale to your party, both for the interest of seeing matchups with higher level and lower level manamon, and  to give you a more interesting and preductive time grinding.

Speaking of grinding, At the moment it's just grind grind grind for me. Both to get my party high enough to face Iroadium again, since my party is currently around 65,, and to level up those manamon I still  need for the manapedia.
I got a third xp pal from the arcade and grinding isn't too bad, or at least an hours grind goes a relatively long way in terms of manamon levels, I'm up to 129 manamon so far, including the three starters, though obviously that leaves work to do, though using exponge's limb thrust tactic and then swapping out to a lower level manamon helps, I've got 8 or 9 k a pop doing that with some lower levels.

I haven't decided as yet  if I'm going to try fighting through the upgraded masters and so on, we'll see how I feel when I have a completed mmanapedia, or whether I want to go on to the second game at that point.

I'm tempted to try and get two more xp pals, but I suspect that playing the 600 or so arcade games it'd take to get them would negate any speed training benefits I'd get from them.

It actually seems a little silly to me that level up herbs can only be got from the arcade, since with the massive amounts of gold you end up with later in the game, I'd have assumed they would be more available to help you experiment with higher level manamon, EG sold for about 20000 gold a peace or so.

2019-12-02 18:58:50 (edited by Dark 2019-12-02 19:00:32)

Well the grind has mostly paid off, and got my party from around level 62 to 70, I am now at 155 manamon seen and court including Zeognius, and am looking at the iroadium rematch next, which to be honest I've left off since I wanted to make sure to have a strong enough team, indeed I'm tempted to level up to 71 or so.
Again, a shame there are no level 70 plus wild manamon areas, since looking at the levels on some of those upgraded gyms, it seems rather bonkers, I tried sonica and got roundly creamed, but we'll see.

Zeogneus, to say he's a power house on my team was actually quite the wuss to take out, indeed the only hard part was sitting around and chucking giganets and waiting to get lucky.
First time I used 13 giganets and he killed himself, second time I got him on the sixth try.

2019-12-02 19:14:53

Ziognioss is more of a pain than a world-class threat. Titomaton shuts him down, and Mondevol shuts him down even harder.

2019-12-02 20:50:00

Is it just me, or does it seem like these games tend to be much more difficult than the Pokémon games via levels that you need to train to? Jayde, since you have played Pokémon, you'd probably know the answer to this.
Especially in Manamon 2, the boss battles themselves feel way more difficult than any Pokémon battles on let's plays that I have watched.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-12-02 22:01:41 (edited by Dark 2019-12-02 22:02:50)

And  And it's done! 158 manamon seen, 158 court.

Iroadium was sort of a pest second time around, since Aura master wasn't strong enough to do as much damage as necessary, so I finished up having to rely on power kick and deciced's frigid touch, as well as taggin  mortrex for confusion and unending curse, and only really using mondovol for stun valt.

First time through I won, but only guererrol was left, and the first turn of the capture battle Iroadium hit him with toxic storm which seemed to do damage even though he's got the altered gas mask equipped.

Second time through I made it with three party members still alive, but didn't mess around, just chucked the gamanet.

Trying tavalus and pegasan with a level 73 party was probably a bit impatient on my part, but it worked out, actually Tavalus was more annoying for  low chances of getting hit by giganets, first try he killed himself with draco blits after I'd chucked about ten, second try he went down after 13.

Pegasan was annoying, and I definitely should've had a higher level group.

Ironically killing him would've been easy for exponge, but withstanding his attacks long enough to get him with a giganet was harder, (he could take out leonetar in one hit with frostbite), also he was immune to stun volt.

In the end I just stuck Exponge at the front  alternated chucking giganets and giving exponge mighty herbs until I finally got lucky.

still there it is! I did! catch them all, in this game anyway big_smile.

I'm now not sure  whether to grind my party enough to take on the last few uba battles (legendary creatures in hand), or go straight on to the second game, though I suppose I should really show the various tamers who's bos before I move on just for the hell of it big_smile.

Thanks again to Jayde's guide for the assistance, particularly with manamon stats and some of the more obscure item location uses (I don't know if it would've occurred to me to use items in random  places like at the zeogneus statue), though I do feel a trifle more confident in knowing the system now and how things work, especially if Manamon 2 is a little more balanced in terms of stat evolution, meaning that I hopefully won't end up with the problem I had in my first attempt at manamon 1, when I had a bunch of creatures who were all higher level than what they were fighting, and who were all getting the bejaggers kicked out of them due to pretty terrible stat development, Ratsel I'm looking at you)..

2019-12-03 01:27:35

Dark: my advice is to just go to manamon 2. Manamon 1 has basically nothing left for you at this point.

Mitch, the reason boss fights are tougher is due to gimmicks. I don't find gym leaders/stadium fights very difficult, and this is one area where pokemon does it better a lot of the time due to the fact that many such pokemon have gimmicks they can use, special moves or strats that play well with their stats. Example, Bugsy using Fury Cutter, Whitney's Miltank using Defense Curl and Rollout to wreck whole teams, Norman and his infamous Slaking, Liza and Tate and the way their Lunatone and Solroc work together, etc. Manamon...doesn't do that quite as well, most of the time. Boss fights against actual tamers don't feel as epic, either, because frankly the AI derps around a lot when it should be destroying you.

2019-12-03 01:39:22

Makes sense. Half the time I'm doing horribly because I don't know the typings of certain manamon (when are duel-typing), and still trying to keep track of all the types. It will come eventually.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-12-03 11:06:56

Odd, I thought I wrote a reply to this topic earlier, but maybe I  chrome before hitting submit or did something else dumb big_smile.

I did complete the cosmo, sienarus and sonica fights, though I confess to spamming healing items in a couple, still Tavalus shut down Sienarus rather well, and between pegasan and exponge most of Cosmo's team weren't too bad.
I could grind a little to defeat   the upgraded master stadium, but at this stage I just want to go on to manamon 2, since I've finished my objective of capturing 158 Manamon. indeed, I have been playing manamon 2 for the last few hours now, though for the sake of thread consistency I'll move discussion to the appropriate topic.

Sienarus was a little irritating I must admit, the game with the sad music etc seemed to want me to feel sorry for him, but honestly he was such an arse, apart from being a cardboard cutout christia, ---- mmmm, I mean ziognian big_smile.

Still Manamon 2's story is looking better already.

@Mitch, I usually keep the type effectiveness list open in another window so I can flick to it and check when I want.

I actually really wish the info was available in game, indeed I don't really see why each manamon can't have it's strengths/weakness types listed in its info, since remembering or looking up matchups just seems like pointless extra  work to me, but hay.

2019-12-24 16:30:42

So About a month ago, after the launch of Manamon 2, I also decided to complete Manamon 1 first.
Thanks alot for Jayde for writing the guide, I could follow it perfectly and complete my whole Manapedia and thus also defeat dr. Murettes without asking any question in the forum. The only time I considered it was when I tried to catch a myaneko. These bastards show up extremely rarely indeed and I was almost about to ask if they appear in a specific part of Brightwater trail.
So, I guess I'll be off to Manamon 2, at least at some point.