2020-01-28 06:49:07

Hi everyone:

So Microsoft Defender suddenly flagged my copy of Manamon 2 as containing a virus. I know that should properly go in the topic in New releases room, but updates seemed to have stopped, and was wondering if anyone had this problem and what the solution is. I uninstalled it but cant properly reinstall since the installer is also flagged as containing a trojan.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-01-28 11:11:17

Madam Boveel's is in the southeast of Sulee City.

And as far as making adrenaline moves only available to slower manamon: Linoone got Bellydrum and it's fast. Charizard got it, and it's not only fast but has decent stats. Poliwrath is mid-speed. Hariyama is fairly slow, and Snorlax is ridiculously slow.
As a matter of fact, there's an argument to be made, in pokemon at least, that a fast Bellydrum user actually is worse than a slow one. Why? Because the foe gets to hit the user of Bellydrum absolutely for free, or inflict it with a status condition. At that point your options are switch, heal or die. In competitive, Bellydrum is seen but it's not rampant. In the manamon franchise, given the way switch mechanics work, it would be even easier to punish an adrenaline user than it is to punish a Bellydrum user. And yet, the current iteration of adrenaline moves still exist because...reasons. Because ultimately that's the way Aaron wanted it. I suppose twenty-one years of history and data just don't matter when one is making one's own game.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-28 16:27:13

tell me how to get into requiem after defeating ogma the computer in his house does not work

2020-01-28 18:58:47 (edited by arjan 2020-01-28 19:10:19)

Have you continued following the storyline? There's a pretty good chance you'll stumble across it if you do.
And by defeating Ogma, I'm assuming you mean basically causing the entire alternate universe to collapse?

Oh, one other thing, re: Tarboo. Yes, it has a truly enormous amount of hp, at level 100, mine had nearly 600 hp. If I recall correctly, when I imported it, I got literally a 200 hp boost. All of its other stats were boosted too, I believe.

If you ever feel like doing another playthrough, this is one you should probably want to play the entire game with to see how it works. If not, I might just do it myself. Right now, I'm just rounding out my manapedia, and also noting which mons get which moves at which level, or at least more or less.

2020-01-28 22:11:27

I caught a Tarba and transferred it over.
When it evolves, its HP jumps by a whole hell of a lot. Its stats, minus speed, are actually pretty respectable, which means it'll be fairly hard to kill, especially with Hibernate.
Only down side? Its moveset is still pretty crap. It still gets Earthquake as a Tarba if you go to the move tutor or get a level 1 baby, but as far as STAB it's either Bubble Burst or Sound Wave/Audio Blast. Aqua Zap as well, but that move is situational at best, as it won't work against earth manamon, which is one of the main reasons to have a water type around.
Still, tons of bulk, so this one might be doable. It also gets some good moves at higher levels as I recall, so it's not completely busted. Definitely got a nice stat jump when I imported it. More than I was expecting, so that's cool.

2020-01-28 23:48:41

I don't believe this was mentioned before in this thread, so just gonna throw it out there. The unknown gift is now an Aquaf, which as most of you probably know, is the water starter from the first installment of Manamon. It also says the other two will be available as gifts at a later date.

I like that starter quite a lot, it's bulky and hits fairly hard. And I've seen one of the stadium rematches with one of these, and it used chilly wind, so that's pretty damn nice for ruining plant types who think water Manamon are easy pickings. Not sure what else it now gets, but I'll check tomorrow.

2020-01-29 01:37:59

Someone help please. Out of no where, windows defender flags manamon2 as having a trogen on my computer and removes the executable file. So now I can't play Manamon2 anymore. Please help!

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2020-01-29 02:36:55

@4412:

I ran into the same issue. Here's what I did.

Turn off real-time Protection and cloud delivered protection in Windows Defender. In other words, turn off your antivirus.

Download the latest version of the game. Note that the new Microsoft Edge will block this as being @potentially harmful and ask if you want to keep it.
RUn the installer. This should be familiar.
Go to windows defender and add the VGstorm.com folder toWindows defender's exclusion list, then turn Windows Defender back on Manamon 2 should now work, and hopefully the virus warning was just a false alarm..

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-01-29 03:06:19

I’ve tried transforming the 4 mons that you transform by walking and it hasn’t worked. I have walked for nearly 4 hours and nothing has happened, I’ve even battled and leveled. I normally don’t ask this but can someone please trade with me, transform them and trade back? I would really appreciate it

2020-01-29 03:16:44

@4,413:
I did what you told me to do and it worked flawlessly. Yes it was a false alarm. I guess in this case Windows Defender was over reacting if you will and that's cool. But now we are good. Thank you for your help. I can now play Manamon2 again.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2020-01-29 09:39:55

Add Manamon 2 to the exclusion list should helps.

2020-01-29 11:36:42

I can’t find the way to the pier. Tell me where to look for the portal there.

2020-01-30 02:59:27

One does not simply walked into the pier. One can, however, walk into the catacombs to see what one can find. One can also surf on the search feature, Which gives more detail than a simple soul like myself can .

2020-01-30 09:26:43

Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do volanteral, glimerodo, and dragomier compare to one another? I've only really had experience with the stone Dragon as it is on my team, though I have dabbled a bit with dragetull. What are your opinions on these three stage dragons?

2020-01-30 12:47:43

these catacombs are so intricate brains to steep weld until you find a way out

2020-01-30 15:45:19

>>4419
This post contains spoilers for creatures.

If I compare these dragons, I recommend using Volanteral.

Dragomier is not blessed with stats. Attack, endurance and speed are not enough. Also, the moves to be learned are not well balanced. However, Dragomier has the best speed of the three dragons and can use adrenaline.

Glimerodo masters powerful dragon and electric type moves. Also, the risk of using tricks can be mitigated by Re-ARM. However, attack power and agility are somewhat lacking.

Volanteral is the slowest of the dragons. However, in light of the risk of the "Assault gem", being slow may be advantageous. It has excellent attack power and defense power. It also has the ability to reduce the risk of being hit by a single blow. I think Volanteral is a much more manageable Manamon than a guardian.

2020-01-31 01:30:04

I seem to have gotten myself stuck via the time machine. I'm at the castle and sadly saved my game. Is there any way to get back to the time machine again?

2020-01-31 02:26:19

Absolutely. Just go back through the cave. The same way you got out.

If you mean you're stuck in the castle dungeon, you will have to progress the story.

2020-01-31 12:14:42

how many floors in these catacombs

2020-01-31 16:00:52

HI:

So I’ve managed to get Dragomier, finally, in Manamon 1 (is there a reason why dragons take so very long to raise to their full potential?) So does this dragon get any decent moves once imported into Manamon 2? 

Also:
Has anyone imported the martial eagle yet? How does it measure up?

Guy Gavriel Kay

2020-01-31 21:08:40 (edited by Alduin 2020-01-31 21:16:21)

Spoiler
Wow! I guess you can kind of have a choice of stadium leaders through reloads. Do they have different teams apart from the ones they first used to battle? What do you all think of each of them.
Edit: is there a way to fight the non stadium champion later on or does the rematches keep the same champion?

2020-01-31 21:39:18

@Alduin:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
There is no way to battle the runner-up without reloading your game and getting a different manamon master. You'll have to copy your save, rename it and back it up before heading out of the waiting room.

2020-02-01 10:43:30

Martiagle now gets berserk branch I think, which is neat. And yes, Dragomier does get Dragon Heart at level 19, which is quite an improvement.

2020-02-01 11:28:59

Or instead of backing up your save, you can just reload from right before the fight that determines the winner. Trust me, it's a random roll. I think Rina is more likely to win it, but Mursilla can as well. Rina's team is faster and generally more frail, and Mightauras walls and takes down more than half of it (Earthquake for Bulderdash, Araknite and Mondevol, Sludge Hammer or Thunder Hammer for Sirenea, Thunder Hammer for Submenno, Sludge Hammer for Blade Dodderator. Of course, Sirenea, Araknite and Submenno can all do appreciable damage to Mightauras, so one has to play carefully either by giving it a speed boosting potion or by just walling the safe ones (Bulderdash, Blade Dodderator, Mondevol) while using the other five members of your team to mop up the other three members of Rina's team. Mursilla's team is much slower, and Mantasteel can use Hone Blades once and wreck pretty much her whole team (seriously, Rescumo, Kamadeir, Volanteril, Maustadon are weak to steel, Brain Dodderator dies horribly to Pest Pincer even without the boost, Tarboo just plain dies in two hits even though it's not weak to any of Mantasteel's moves).
So much for stadium leaders. lol
And no, so far as I know, their teams don't change when you rematch them. If you get Rina the first time, then you get upgraded Rina later; too bad, really, as having access to both of them somehow after you rematch the other regular stadiums would be kinda cool.

2020-02-01 19:38:59

where to look for an eternal angel, they seemed to be talking about the exit from the catacombs, but which exit I don’t understand