2019-09-28 21:34:32

Hello people. This is for you developers out there. Today my mom got a Magnum Smar TV. I was feeling the control and noticed that there were buttons on both sides of the remote. I asked my mom about it and she said it was a keyboard. This got me thinking. People 30 to 40 years ago was doing programming on a large computer. 20 years ago, we started programming on our laptops. Now, I see people programming on their tablets. Maybe, in future, we might be able to programme on our televisions? Do you think its possible? Maybe in future, we will be programming on our phones, or watches or whatever. What do you guys think about   this.
Also, 2 other things came to my mind when i was feeling the remote.
1. I love the clicky feel of the buttons.
2. I feel in control!

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-28 21:41:25

So lol, the end of your post is weird, but that's beside the point.
We can already program on our phones, so there's one of your questions answered.
Because we can program on our phones, we can program on our TVs by connecting our IOS devices to the TV.

2019-09-28 23:29:54

There are people who do code on their phones, fucking why is beyond me... damn millennials.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-09-28 23:34:29

Code is just text. Could be written on any electronic device with a text field.

Of course testing it requires the right OS.

2019-09-29 17:02:43

Offcourse one can program on the phone, but no accessible solutions are around for us to use, that's probably one of the reasons we consider developing on the phone useless.
Now that I think of it, does anyone know how is that achievable in programs like aide? does include a full android sdk and jdk for linux based arm devices? What about apps that depends on C and C++ libs and sighning the apk file?

2019-09-29 17:16:41

Back to your question, you already can program on the tv, if you are intersted, check out google tv.
Since it uses android, all android apps should theoretically run on it.

2019-10-01 06:21:57

Web is the new platform for most things. Progressive web apps, Electron, React Native or Native Script, are incredible. I've never figured out a good way to code on your phone. Personally, I wouldn't mind, but I need a keyboard and screen reader that I'm very good with, and for me, IOS doesn't cut it.
Here is a Linux Shell that should work on IOS:
http://osxdaily.com/2018/12/11/ish-linux-shell-ios/

Using something like the Raspberry PI is also very easy to program with.
In general though, you program on your powerful and fast laptop, then test on your slow IPhone. Perhaps when XR becomes much better, then we'll get coding environments in XR that will be faster than existing ides, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
I see us creating computers that can allow us to design an app and it just takes that design and builds the app without us writing code coming out first.

2019-10-01 07:00:43

IOS, never, i didn't speak about that one, android was my target. For example, I use some of my own crapy tricks to program on my android tablet using java, though I hate it it, working on doing the same for .net.
Anyway, what need would anyone have for a linux shell for ios? Is it even accessible?

2019-10-02 04:09:20

You need a linux shell if you want to run python or node. I don't know if it is accessible. It probably isn't nice. But I'm not brave enough to try it LOL.

2019-10-02 05:38:29

so, this is a little off-topic, um, so.
the future of coding, people coding on their phones, etc, brought the topic of scratch into my mind. could someone please explain to me, how scratch, is coding? because I seriously don't get how that has anything to do with coding.

2019-10-03 00:13:31

It's coding as much as using the GDE is coding. It just gives people an introduction to variables and if statements and loops. Quorum is much better if you know a teacher who is teaching Scratch.

2019-10-03 03:59:02

What's scratch? I know quarum but mi no Scratch.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-10-04 01:56:20

also once my substitute teacher said I couldn't code, and that programming wasn't coding but scratch was.