2019-09-18 00:37:50

Hi guys. I was wondering where can i get the Zombie Arena source code. I think its open source now, if it isnt, dont lash out at me, just want it.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-18 01:33:49

You can get it from masons open sourced projects on www.agarchive.net

2019-09-18 04:04:15

I feel like I must give caution here.  If you are planning to use it, don’t. Half of his projects are a mess, and the other is not worth salvaging.  The only thing I would use it for is to understand how concepts work. Then I would write them myself, you will learn a lot more that way.

2019-09-18 16:04:53

Yeah, i'm currently using it to learn how maps in BGT work, but not going to use it for actual code.

2019-09-18 17:41:06

Yep. Keep in mind that zombie Arena's sourcecode is over 5 years old now.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-09-18 19:14:43

Don't make games with za just to make a game when you don't know real coding, trust the doode that made lc rofl. @mason: that doesn't so  much matter, cause bgt syntax did not change in that time.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-09-18 19:35:10

Lol, it is not about the sintax. How well did you code 5 years ago? People's knowledge changes.

2019-09-18 22:48:58

I want the code to make some tweeks, to turn it into my own concept.

_____

2019-09-18 23:03:23

This is not going to work at 8. You do read sourcecodes to see how one had solved a particular problem with a particular solution and learn eg their design, Analise their algorithm, and over all get yourself more suited to the technology they used. You can't take a portion from this, modify it, take off another chunk from there, fiddle with it and put the results back together and then expect the outcome to suit your desires. This is not true though always. Sometimes you come across a well written piece of code, for instance a new container. Then you realize that this container is what you need. Then you inspect the license or ask the developer if you're permitted to use it or not. But then again, programmers are supposed to come up with new solutions, not just copy pasting other's.

2019-09-19 03:38:24

you can't make a code your own concept by simply making some *tweaks*... Oh dear.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-09-19 04:17:07

Just want to analyse it and scrap it for parts, as we in the car comunity would say *smurks*

_____

2019-09-19 19:51:29

In the car community? But yeah, you can do playing arround with the source in private, but don't publish it. That can horribly go wrong.

2019-09-20 01:09:45

Yeah. I'm a car guy as well as a computer geek.

_____

2019-09-20 02:50:27

Look Jaidon. You can’t shortcut. You just can’t. I‘ve tried, many times. And I know you are a beginner, so listen. Don’t fiddle with map games. Its too complex. There are too many things working together that a beginner doesn’t notice. Start with menus. Then small games like bop it or simon. They will teach a lot.

I have tried modifying map games, and gave up every time, I notice you are in this situation. Source code isn’t shortcuts. Source code isn’t to add to your utilities collection. Find includes libraries if you want that. Source code is to add to your knowledge collection. They are examples. Not DYI projects. Don’t modify the definition of source code, it will kick your ass for trying

2019-09-20 12:26:39

oh my, you should not make use of source code to copy and past, look at how some one did a spessific thing and try to copy the consept, i guess it is fine, but not the code

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-09-20 14:19:16

Lol, i actually started learning with masons games, i once posted a stupid thing called pc revenge rewrite, after which i was messing with more complex fighting games. A few months aggo, cause i was boored, i searched through my old laptop and found the source of that so called rewrite, and completed the enemy code. Won't be public though, cause it ended up beeing kinda laggy i can't figure out why.