2019-08-15 00:06:08

was trying to get rid of the cosmic rage soundpack that's been sitting in my dropbox for years for some reason, couldn't figure out how to remove it from dropbox itself, so instead cut and pasted the folder out of dropbox and into documents, thinking I'd just delete it there. Now I can't delete it, it asks for admin rights, I give them, and then everything fails.
So, I went through the obvious stuff, went into properties and checked the ownership and permissions, as well as deleted and readded the different user group permissions, then tried to delete it from the command prompt, and still nothing. I'm stumped, and kind of want this off my hard drive now out of shear annoyance more than anything else.
The internet suggested c cleaner, but I couldn't figure out how to target that particular file.
It also suggested running a file scan through the command prompt, which discovered the problem with the folder in question but then failed to fix it.
Anyone have any solutions?

2019-08-15 00:07:35 (edited by burak 2019-08-15 00:07:51)

Hello,
Try unlocker. As far as I remember, you install it then right click the folder you want to delete, select unlocker from the menu and then choose the action you want to perform.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-08-15 02:47:36

yes, Unlocker should do what you're looking for. It's never failed me when trying to get rid of stubborn files.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.