2020-09-09 01:41:24

I think sighted people could play it, but I have no idea what it'd actually display along the track.

2020-09-09 03:33:22

It's just a straight track with whatever the default background is I believe, the notes show up fine.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-09-10 10:21:46

Hi,
Since some of you have expressed interest in custom tracks, I am happy to oblige with my own. I made this about a month back, and I think it could still use some work in places, I don't think I got the difficulty curve especially right, since I have beginner , easy, and medium modes built for this track at the moment. If anyone is interested and would like me to send this track, let me know. I am unable to do it at the moment but will be able to in a few hours at the earliest.
As for some other stuff, I am slowly but surely playing every single track in arcade mode that there is, since I feel like that's what I'm the best at, just straight notes, no speed boosts, no hyper drifting, no nothing. It's fun this way. If anyone plays arcade mode and sees Vanginagy on the leaderboard, that's me. But what ended up happening was some of my friends preasured me to try New Order on hard mode, then extreme mode. So I did. Here is the result.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ9oIFnsN9Y

2020-09-10 21:08:31

You should put your track in the workshop on steam.

2020-09-11 17:54:52

Hi,
I unfortunately can't upload my track to anyone who is not my friend on Steam and I think it would be unnecessary until everyone can look at it. The reason being that I only spent over 3dollars on the game when the Steam summer Sale happened. In  few weeks time, I am considering downloading the Soundtrack so I can reach the 5dollar limit, meaning that I will be able to put things in the workshop for people to see, from then on. When that happens, I will be sure to give a link here for anyone who wants them. I am working on two tracks actually, the second one has beginner and easy, and medium is in the works, although I think I still haven't learned much about the difficulty curve. I'll have to keep improving.
For anyone who doesn't want to wait, though, I will still gladly upload the first track here, as a zip, before uploading it to the workshop, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

2020-09-11 23:22:24

Ah alright, I didn't know you had to spend a bit to upload things but that makes sense.  Can't wait to see what you've done when it's all uploaded.

2020-09-19 10:59:55

OK. I now own the soundtrack and the Jelly announcer, which, by the way, you can make your own announcers, thanks to the open nature of the data! Anyway, I'll get to that later, for now I have made my first track public. I hope someone finds it enjoyable, just try to be constructive ok? It's my first track and I know the difficulty curve is a bit steep.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ … 2175278567

2020-09-19 14:59:02

ok i have bought sequence storm a long while ago, when it was at version 1.9.something, still have to check. but how in the world do i update it?

2020-09-19 15:35:09

Did you buy the game on steam? If you do, the game will get updated automatically. The new update will be there under the game. As for me, i have trouble beating the level Pretty little brain which is part of the jellys raceway dlc.

2020-09-19 16:35:16

i bought it from steam but apparently i can't navigate that thing.
any other whay that i can update it?

2020-09-19 19:30:27

@786 The game should automatically update when you launch it.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2020-09-20 03:51:44

@783, I played your track and I really like it. I played it on medium and really enjoyed the difficulty.

2020-09-20 04:32:23

what does purchasing the full game unlock? I'm hooked, and I'm curious.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-09-20 05:43:31

i have the same problem, it can not update in steam, the version is 1.1.9k, i try to reinstall it, but still.

2020-09-20 09:42:15

I'm so glad someone found it playable. I didn't have many people to test it with before I release it so I just hoped it was OK. If it really is too hard then please do tell me so I can try and adjust it in future tracks. My second track will be coming shortly, not sure when, I am in the process of making medium mode for that one.

2020-09-20 10:59:09

Ok, so dumb question. I purchased the game from itch.io, the option given to me by the demo I downloaded. It came with a steam key. What on earth is that?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-09-20 16:16:35

still not getting how to update this thing. am i doing something wrong_
i have v 1.9f i think and i can-t seem to update it. steam doesn-t work for me, i don-t have any body who could help me out.
any body has any idea on how in the hell i could update it_

2020-09-21 13:56:33

hey there everyone
I've reached the weapons training mission and i don't quite know when to press h to hit the robots. how do i have to know the perfect timing?
I seem to have this problem in stealth missions too, sometimes i manage to slip by the robots ok, but sometimes i fail utterly.
any hints?

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2020-09-21 22:25:12

i don't have the latest version, i d k why i can't update, but to get the timing right, you should whait for the bleep bleep noise the robots make.
in sneaky missions, listen where the thing is, then boost and steer to the opposite direction with d and f.

2020-09-22 07:44:23

A steam key is something you can use to get the game on your steam if you want.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2020-09-22 13:23:42

the reason is some like to having both a key you use on steam as well as 1 you can use for the download they provide you with. I think this is a good thing myself because you can choose your preference.

i may be tech mad, but i'm also audio games mad. be audio games mad with me laughing out loud.
Sam

2020-09-22 21:51:30

@zseli I like the Shop 20 track, though a few suggestions/issues. There is one section in audible cues 2 mode on normal difficulty where there are i and u notes simultaneously so that section is actually impossible to get right (the game won't register both inputs at once). Also there are a lot of repeating patterns (f, j, f, j at the beginning etc) which I assume you did to make audible cues 1 work. In general I would vary them up a bit (maybe f, j, d, k, f, k, d, j or something). In general I recommend making the track slightly harder in the more repetitive sections to keep the difficulty more level over the track itself. Also I would move the fast patterns to hard difficulty or something as they're pretty difficult to react to in general.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-09-23 08:45:33

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to keep this in mind when making new tracks. I tried to base the difficulty on the patterns I have seen from the factory tracks and I thought it was well matched, but you just proved me wrong. Although what I don't get is the scratch noises for the U and I keys can't be the same position, ever. It's either one or the other. It's physically impossible. Where is that section exactly where you encountered this?

2020-09-23 18:12:47

It's in the middle of the section with a bunch of holds (hold r and a bunch of k notes, then it switches to the u/i and they seem to be simultaneous). It can happen due to a glitch in the editor.

2020-09-30 11:55:59

Just bumping this game back up to the top of the New Releases room after a great tlak by the developer at the Game Accessibility Conference that too place over the previous couple of days.

That and I'm just trying to get back into the game anyway and have a feature suggestion as a result:
COuld we have specific tutorials that show you how certain mechanics (stealth, barriers etc work) labelled as cuh in an area of the game devoted to such things?  Would be good to refresh my memory but finding the specific missions that train you in these mechanics is complicated.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***