2019-08-16 15:27:22

Hello all,
so @243, mine freezes even before I get to any menu.
So for example, mine will say "try again" and then it just dies right then and there.
I never get a menu, I never get anything, it just crashes.
The laptop thing is not an issue for me, as I am on a desktop.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-16 15:47:22

If anybody is having any crashes then can you please send your log files to [email protected] ?
  That is the only way that I can possibly help.

2019-08-16 18:06:07

Yes, I already sent you mine yesterday I believe.
Let me know if you missed it and need it again.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-16 21:42:58

Is there a way we could get an option to copy final mission results to the clipboard? I often find myself wanting to share my score with people.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-16 22:21:14 (edited by musicalman 2019-08-16 22:23:36)

Hi guys,
So I took a week or so off the game and came back to it, and I dunno if it's just me or not, but the sounds of rigs, speed boosts etc. just sound way more obvious to me now. I know some sounds were boosted in volume last week some time, so maybe I'm finally noticing it. Racing feels a lot smoother for me now, especially when I'm in first place I can now tell if someone is on my tail. For some reason I wasn't putting two and two together before. Anyway, I have two more questions now.
First how are you meant to steer? When I hold h and then hold d and f to steer, I either end up crashing into walls and losing health, or I am not really moving. At least it seems like I'm not, it's hard to tell sometimes. So are you supposed to hold d and f to steer, or just tap them a few times to go in one direction?
Second, I think I understand how to steer into the slipstreams now. It took long enough, but it's probably my fault smile. My guess is that the airy tire squeal sound is the slipstream, and I have to steer into it i.e. center it? Do I have that right?
Once I get a better handle on these two things, I think I will finally feel secure about the mechanics.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-17 05:34:34

double posting. unrelated to my last post. you guys need to totally try calculated risk, default settings, audio cues 2, 2 beats delay. well you can try less delay if you're insane and you have the reactions hahaha. I just got around 84% and met the bonus objective. so much fun! I think I'm going to play this game way more using this audio cues mode. let Me know what you guys end up getting.

2019-08-17 16:28:49

There seems to be a bug with audio cues 1 for the Heremod's Theme track. The sound for a successful pattern doesn't play at the end of the repeated pattern but half way through.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-17 18:49:27 (edited by musicalman 2019-08-17 21:05:54)

Well I bought the game and got pretty far I think. Getting past those security bots is really painful though. I did it in the hospital but barely. I wonder if it's this difficult for a sighted person to navigate around the track? I'd guess not? But am not sure. Also I don't know how to collide with bots in the missions where that is an objective. I guess I still haven't really got a handle on steering and turning though.

2019-08-17 21:32:18

Ugh. I think I'm about to give up for the moment. I got past a lot of the hard stuff like antiviral, death contract, Mia Green is missing, Hospital 113 etc. stuff that was really challenging and which I dreaded, but through the skin of my teeth I managed to get through one way or another without changing accessibility settings. Now I'm on bot swarm and I am getting to the point where I can't keep doing this as it's too much even for me. I don't want to brag about how good I am but I thought I was pretty good. But this game is making me feel like I suck. That's cool and all but I'm kinda curious if it is meant to be this hard. I have so much trouble now keeping track of the ever-growing convoluted patterns along with the shape of the track and trying to stay ahead of bots. I'm the worst at multitasking and I think it shows here. With practice in the arcade, I am getting better at the tracks and the notes that give me trouble, but they're just getting harder, and this is on standard difficulty.

I think the problems I used to have in the demo are coming back to haunt me now. I still can't really get a grasp on whether boost/drift is more affective in a particular spot. I basically try one, see how I do, restart, try another etc. I of course use drift when there are many notes though, I have a feeling that's what you're meant to do. But beyond that I don't know. Steering is still as enigmatic for me as before. I can sometimes steer around barriers but hit the walls constantly and I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I also don't really notice the speed changes with the top speed/acceleration/cornering stats, the game feels the same to me. The only times I can really see stats making the game feel different is with health, and if I increase top speed, the reading for my top speed in the f1 mission performance dialog does go up, but everything else, I can't feel a difference when I change the stats. It's just overload for me now, and I'm almost certain something in my strategic brain isn't firing right and it's making me miss something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to criticize or fault the game really. If I sound too negative, it's just because I'm a little frustrated and lost. I'll keep at it, though.

2019-08-17 23:26:46

musicalman wrote:

Well I bought the game and got pretty far I think. Getting past those security bots is really painful though. I did it in the hospital but barely. I wonder if it's this difficult for a sighted person to navigate around the track?

I believe so, anyway. I watched a vid on Youtube, where a guy did Welcome to Daman Space, and kept failing. There was one or 2 more missions where he seemed to have trouble, so that's why I believe it is.

musicalman wrote:

I'd guess not? But am not sure. Also I don't know how to collide with bots in the missions where that is an objective. I guess I still haven't really got a handle on steering and turning though.

Yep, not good at steering and turning, either, rofl. big_smile

2019-08-18 00:01:17 (edited by musicalman 2019-08-18 00:01:58)

Oh, are there videos of sighted people playing this game? I looked the other day and didn't find much though I didn't do an exhaustive search. Even though I know I won't be able to follow a sighted person playing since there aren't audio cues, I still am interested to hear the differences in the way the game sounds.

2019-08-18 06:47:21

So I finally completed Sequence Storm on standard. If anyone is struggling with racing sections, put points into top speed, it helps way more than it might obviously look like it does. I did find the last mission way too easy though. Overall though I really enjoyed the game and am going to keep playing it, thanks for putting so much work into the accessibility features.

2019-08-18 08:06:36

@musicalman,

Yep, there is 1 video of someone playing for a good while. If people like, I can put a link to it.

2019-08-18 16:25:36

hey guys, is this normal? I think my rig is only upgraded to level 3. I can only apply 3 max points to anything, but I think I should be able to do a lot more. I now have 8 points to spend, and each additional point costs over 2500 credits. I've seen people play the game and they have around 5. did my game break somehow? no wonder I was having so many difficulties with only 3 assignable points for each category. I have tons of gold on various difficulties so I dont' think is that. are the upgrades supposed to trigger on certain missions? thanks

2019-08-18 23:23:27 (edited by stewie 2019-08-18 23:24:28)

Beat every single optional mission, you're missing 2 class upgrades I think. Also if you played the demo and then bought the full game, play Welcome to Daemon Space again to trigger a class upgrade.

2019-08-19 00:17:02

thanks. played Welcome to Daemon Space and that particular upgrade was triggered. but I wonder if I'm missing more. I'm not sure optional missions trigger upgrades, I've done all of them anyway. I think it's only boss battles and I've completed all of them up to act 4 which I'm still working on. very strange.

2019-08-19 04:06:41

Yeah, certain missions give you class upgrades. Each upgrade lets you allocate one more stat point to something. I don't know which missions trigger the class upgrades, though. I'm up to class 4, but I've been trying to do everything. Still a little intimidated by robot swarm and the stuff around that, though.
How do you guys know which missions are which acts? I've heard acts referenced before but I don't know how to distinguish between acts in the game.

2019-08-19 15:32:09

okay this is quite strange. I just completed death contract, and got my class upgrade. thing is, I have already completed that mission like 5 times hahaha. it should've triggered long time ago. I think there's definitely some kind of bug with rig upgrades.

2019-08-19 16:17:33

The antiviral mission was hard but I completed it! I ended up having to swap the scratch sounds to hear the right notes to play near the end when two notes are playing at once.
There aren't sound cues for collecting items yet, right?
Also, the Wolf Fragment mission isn't announcing the different medals while driving.
I'm still having trouble steering. Even though I know it's kind of first person perspective. I think I'm just finding it hard to get a sense of where in relation I am to the bots. and other elements on the track. Despite these frustrations, I'm definitely still enjoying the game. I started playing with audio cues 2 a bit more and I think it'll take me a bit of get used to but I like it.

Game Man

2019-08-19 18:08:49

sstuck on the mission called more synth brew, do not know what I am doing wrong. Also can not complete the mission called rush delivery. I wish it told you why you failed. I have auto pilot turned on, should it be off?

2019-08-19 19:20:15

There is a bug with the upgrades.
When you go to upgrades from arcade, it's kind of a slight spoiler because it states you can get LVL5 upgrades without being in the specified class.
As for steering, it's mainly practice.
I thought I would never get past the brutal defences mission, but after trying 50 10 times I got better at it smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-08-20 00:48:07

Is it possible we could get more sounds added to the sounds that can be selected for each note? On  harder free play/arcade difficulties the scratch sounds are virtually impossible to tell apart some times, similar to antiviral.

2019-08-20 07:13:59

yay! game complete. now it's time to have fun with missions and such. gonna see if it's possible to upgrade everything hahaha. I had a blast playing this. can't wait for whatever comes next!

2019-08-20 08:14:30

hello
can someone explane me how to play this game: i know that you must to press keys in rythm but i don't know how to complete first tutorial mission and how to decrease music volume

let's rock!

2019-08-20 15:15:01

hello!
I have a huge problem in the level where I should avoid bots. What should I do in order to pass them? I cannot sneak as they always shoot me.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com