2019-06-25 07:13:51

Hi guys,
So as you know, I've been doing a podcast/stream every other Friday, at 5:00 PM Central (6 eastern, 3 pacific), because I've been bumping a topic in general game discussion as a sort of "notification" to potential listeners that a podcast stream is about to occur.
I also have a Skype group for this, and occasionally I'll post about it on Twitter, but honestly that's my personal twitter and so much other shit gets posted there as well that it's not really effective.
Does anyone have suggestions for some kind of system I could use to let everyone know I'm streaming? I know that if I did so on Youtube, one would be right there, but honestly I stream only audio games and audio game related stuff so I don't see how Youtube would be appropriate in my case. I know that Liam streams on Youtube, but he does quite a bit of mainstream gaming.
Someone suggested a mailing list, and I'm thinking about setting that up, because I know people will check mail a lot more than a Skype group. I'd have to regulate it though so that we didn't get a bunch of back and forth, causing people to overlook emails received from the list because that would make the point of having one moot.
Any help would be much appreciated! And hey, if you've never heard of my podcast before, you can check it out at stevend.net/podcast.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-06-25 07:59:20

The skype group is off topic enough at this point to where most people have muted it, you'd have to recreate and moderate it to make it a truly effective notification method, but that would be no fun.
When I said mailing list I meant more email notifications to a bunch of people from just you.
You should get a Twitter username for the podcast specifically, and see if you can upload just audio or audio with a static background to youtube.
As I might have mentioned before, with the forum, try announcing a day or two before about the stream, then again a few hours ahead of time as you usually do.
Suggest, in your notification messages, that people put it in their callinder to get them thinking of it, and mention in your notifications and podcast intro/outro when the next episode will be and the schedule.

I think expecting the majority of people to catch it live might be unrealistic, but I don't believe that really reflects on you as a creator.  If we could catch it live we would, but it's just not a priority compared to other stuff, falling under the category of entertainment.
So if you can get on apple/google podcasts or relay.fm and figure that cover iamge stuff out (I've scene access tech podcasts do it) then that could help you.
If anyaudio was still around you could post to that, buuuuuut...
I don't know if your RSS is compatible with Luna, but once that gets fixed up and more popular, you can shop that along with your other contact methods in your podcast outro/intro.