2019-06-15 20:43:33

Hello,
I am using narrator for my daily tasks in windows. I want to play alter aeon but narrator doesn't read the output window. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the plugins optin in mush-z's menus. I need to get mush reader to speak with SAPI 5. I typed commands like tts on etc but none of them worked. Can you please give me a way to get mush reader to speak with SAPI output?
Thanks

2019-06-15 21:26:51

This is just a guess, but have you tried typing ftts once you're connected to a MUD?

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-16 00:40:04

Oh no, it did not occur to me. I’ll try it

2019-06-19 03:51:23

I mean uh, there are plugins that add sapi functionality but you have to use them, I think there is a sapi reader plugin, but dear gods, I would not use it in a hundred years.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-19 11:58:56

Hi

@fati

I honestly doubt if you will get enough satisfaction while playing alter aeon with sapi. It is just an assumption it will be alter aeon, but anyway. I have tried it in the past, while i still was a hal user, and hal didn't support mush back in those days and sapi was the only solution. But a very big difference i encountered was, that the sapi didn't work as easy as nvda. Cause there was a slight bit of lag which you won't have with a creenreader. I mean, between your keypresses and the sapi reacting. And that one splitsecond could be very crucial in most muds. I agree with ironcross, if you can, then use nvda if possible, it will make your mudding experience so much more convenient, and less stressful. One sidenote though, i don't know if the sapi did improve in the past 8 years in this case, but you can hitup the plugin screen by pressing CTRL + Alt + P, or something like this ...

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-06-19 18:04:02

Control+shift+p is not anything to do with sapi, but rather, the standard plug in command. All it does is bring you to the list of plug ins you have. Navigate to the sapi one and then hit add I believe. That's pretty standard though and anyone whose had any experience with creating new worlds or adding new muds to the client should know how to do that.
I personally, like others here have said, would not use sapi. I've always used jaws, and NVDA works great too, some say even better than jaws. But don't use sapi. Really don't. Its crap.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.