2009-04-07 16:03:19

hello. all. i want share this with all!!! i am happy, because i bought railracer game. and its cool, no cool, but coolest game!!! so, i want share my happyness with you. have a nice day. mike railracer fan and player.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-04-07 18:58:42

Congratulations. It is indeed a very fun game, even if the protection is a little extreme. Stopped working on my desktop for no apparent reason, might be something I installed. In any case though the game is nothing short of brilliant.

More than a racing game it's really a sort of competitive obstacle course.

And naturally if you had wanted this in the general game discussion, it's about a game after all, you could have put it there. If you want it moving just let me know in here, just thinking it might get a little more attention.

In either case, have fun.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-04-08 09:28:16

congratulations mike..... unfortunately i spent my money buying super tennis but i probably will buy this...

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2009-04-08 15:49:49

thanks, if you want cx2 you can move to general game discussion, on my school, i made it in to the second class.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-04-08 17:42:50

Okay no trouble. It'll get more attention, and there'll still be a redirect in the off topic room so noone loses it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-04-09 09:17:20

okay. its good. yesterday, i made it to the class three and i bought for my racer an supercharger. its very challenging game, really, the railracerpro difficulty is sooooooo hard, i cant beat level catch me if you can, so i am playing it at the push faster daddy level. its great.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-04-09 09:20:18

Well for me its not hard, but I can't get another new code, Cause no my Mails get answered.
WHich is really sad.

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.

2009-04-09 12:47:03

i'm on class 2 right now, going to class 3. i started playing the game two days ago, and the
tracks are very good.
kevin, i eard about your problem, and it seems that you done something and now go back to the
registration  screen wen starting the game?
well, then i'm almost sure, that you will have to email che for a new key, --- and ofcourse pay
more 20 usd...
it's absurd the security system in this game in my opinion.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-04-09 13:31:08

The security system is a little absurd I won't deny that. I've had at least one additional key from Che though, I didn't feel brave enough to ask for another when my desktop for some reason declared it invalid. That computer's fried now anyway so I'm glad I didn't ask.

He doesn't charge an extra fee for this.

cx2
-----

2009-04-09 13:37:30

sure man, now he charges half the price of the game for a new key, it don't matters if your
computer dies or something, you will have to pay half the price of it, he announced that in
audyssey 2 weeks ago i think.
i think that it's absurd bekause, earlier or lately the game will be cracked, and this is fact.
and who pays for that, is the customers that buy the game, so it's a bit of injustice, but he
is the developer of the game, so he have total rights to decide that.
liam erven for example, now will be abandoning the user specific machine registration for his
games from what he sayd on audyssey, bekause the same reason.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-04-09 16:37:18

Draconis have no machine specific authentication and they do fine. That said the GMA ones work fine it seems, and they don't seem as touchy as rail racer's. I think it changed the machine ID when I installed a service pack or a printer or something like that, I don't know what it could have been. I certainly hadn't had the cover open in that period, I know that for certain.

Charging for replacement codes is rather ridiculous, I'm beginning to regret purchasing the game now I heard that. I had thought of buying a second copy to be able to play it again and to support it, but I definitely won't be now. If this is indeed true I've just lost a chunk of respect for Che. I'll confirm this first before making that judgement though.

cx2
-----

2009-04-09 17:49:00

it's indeed true, dark can confirm that -- he is on the audyssey list, and a friend of mine
that lost his old computer had to pay half the price of the game, to install it in his netbook.
his name is william lomas if you want to confirm that with che.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-04-10 07:42:38

It does unfortunately seem true, which is a shame indeed.

On the other hand, Che initially gives two keys when you buy the game not one. You can therefore have a second key for a laptop or netbook or whatever when you actually start out.

I can see his point, that constantly replacing keys takes time, but it does seem a litle unfair to charge the customer for the dev's concerns about security.

there is also a difference betwene key replacement for hardware failure, and key replacement because someone wasn't careful enough to back them up.

Draconis actually charge for key replacement, but sinse their keys are user specific, unless you do something incredibly dim and not back up any of your keys at all, you shouldn't need a replacement even if your computer explodes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-04-10 19:37:39

I could handle paying for key replacements just about, if the protection was't so finnicky. As I mentioned it invalidated itself on my machine with no internal modifications at all.

I could handle the code being so finnicky if key replacements were free.

Both together, and I apologise for this, are frankly unacceptable for my use.

cx2
-----

2009-04-11 11:56:39

cx2 or dark? someone renames my post lol?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-04-11 14:36:58

I'm guessing because it wasn't me, it must have been Cx2, ---- though it could've been sander, ---- then again, there are many things you could be happy about bucklee, lol!

Cx2, I do agree, but I suggest you contact che martin and explain the issue.

He did not only provide me with a new key for this desktop but also gave me some assistance with activating it when things weren't working. Admitedly this was before the recent announcement, and maybe his policy has changed, ---- but having communicated with him I think he'd be reasonable about replacements if you explained things.

I suspect this "paying for keys" business is mostly to discourage people who don't back their keys up from constantly asking for replacements.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-04-11 18:08:05

personally I'm not gonna give a cent to that monster lol!
I obviasly agree. and I must say the security system is a bit, um, too secure.
thank god we have top speed. I don't use the  mouse anyway.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2009-04-11 18:23:49

Nope, not me. No idea who it was, though Richard and Sander are the obvious possibilities. Usually more likely to be Sander.

cx2
-----

2009-04-11 18:24:51

hi dark.
yes, from what he sayd, it's all changed, and it's certain not to only make peoples have the
backup of the keys, since like i sayd in a previous message, william lomas just got a new
computer and didn't received a new key, even begging to him.
now it looks like that kevin is having a problem with his key as well, let's see what happens.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-04-12 11:35:54

kevin? he dont told me, that he have problems, he can normally play online. Its true, that we must pay for creating new games in rialracer? or its only a gossip?

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-04-13 11:08:30

I've heard Che talking about subscriptions to fund his server, but whether this will be the case for rail racer or he's just thinking about the fighting game he's creating and the card games he's working on like now such as hearts I'm not sure.

Being as there is such a small audience for accessible games though, there is always a possibility things will change in the future, ----- especially if those affected can express their views on the subject, ---- though of course in a reasonable and adult manner.

2009-04-13 16:56:35

well I actually will be buying the game and i'll be also buying it drg as a gift.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>