2019-05-07 12:55:46

So I'm moved into my apartment and feeling home sick. Does this go away and how do you handle it? I've been moved in sence Friday of last week.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2019-05-07 13:23:59

There isn't really an answer, just find some good things about where you are, revel in your independence, learn to  make the place your in now your! home, especially if you've been living with your parents previously and you'll get through it.

Personally, I was horribly home sick as a child at my crappy boarding school, even though I only boarded two days a week not full time, so when I finally moved out as an adult and went to university I'd got all the home sickness out of my system, indeed I was more than ready to go and live my own life.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-07 16:52:21

I only remember getting it once, when I was 12 and off to summer camp for 2 weeks. I was at one camp previously, but I think it was only 4 days. The two weeks seemed endless. I just got this dread over me and I had to go off by myself and cry it out of me, but once I got it out, then I was able to start having fun.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-07 18:54:37

you assuredly will, and even enjoy being away from a family, and free.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2019-05-07 20:05:42

They are a text away whenever you need help.

2019-05-07 21:02:04

It's normal to feel homesick when you embark on any new thing.
I lived on my own at college for five years, an hour away from family.
But when I went to another state, I felt very homesick. And I was 37!
I think it just means you have a good family.
You can miss those you love, and still have great adventures in your life.
Keep in contact with them, and eventually it will balance out for you.

2019-05-08 02:45:37

In the short-term, here are a few suggestions:

1. Don't go out all the time, but don't stay in all the time. If you have a social life, try to keep it normal and don't change it too terribly much. Staying in all the time may make you feel shut in. Going out all the time may be an indicator that you're trying to avoid the home that's making you feel homesick.
2. Noise is good. Music, TV, a book, whatever...it doesn't matter. Being alone with silence is usually harder than being alone with noise.
3. If you have a good relationship with them, keep in touch with your family. Don't overdo it, but don't feel like you have to be tough and avoid them either. You don't. Just reach out when you need it.
4. If you have close friends that aren't here on the forum, people you hang out with, don't be afraid to bring it up to them if you think they can be mature about it. Obviously it's not a great idea if you think you'll be mocked for it (which you shouldn't be, but some people are jerks), but yeah.
5. Last but not least, try to make the new space as much your home as possible. this looks different for everybody. I do things like occasionally burning scented candles, putting on music when I shower, playing my piano, and getting a solid routine going (when you eat, which days you're gonna do laundry, stuff like that). Make the place feel like yours. Don't tiptoe. Live.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-05-08 03:18:50

Great recommendations from post 7. Honestly, it's just a matter of time. When I first moved far away from home, I was an utter wreck. It took the better part of a month before I finally felt like the city of Pittsburgh was my second home.
My best recommendation? Keep yourself busy. Again, post 7 gave some great insight. Another major piece of advice I'd give is to never laze around in your bed while during periods of stress or anxiety. Your bed should be the place where you sleep and nothing more (at least until you've adjusted). I made this mistake, as many people do, while acclimating to my new apartment, and I couldn't get any quality sleep because of it. Forcing yourself to sleep at night isn't healthy during this time, and I can't stress enough how important it is to busy yourself.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-05-08 10:52:02

I completely agree with posts 7 and 8. As for really getting over it, there's not a surefire always works solution. It might take a little time for you to adjust to your new surroundings. Also remember that your family is always a video call or text message away if you really need to talk to someone for support.

I used to be homesick as a little kid, but it's gotten easier as I've grown up. I'm 21 now and have no problem being away from home. I went to World Services for the Blind for about 9 months and wasn't homesick at all. In fact, I didn't want to leave by the end of it.

Obviously each person is different, but that's been my own experience. There comes a time when you want to be away from your family and have your own adventures. I wish the best of luck to you.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-05-08 19:42:33

when I first moved to Germany from Spain it was hard, didn't know many people and it kind of sucked, but once you make new friends and everything it's all good. Visit your family every few months or so, every few weeks if you live closer. Call your friends family etc as well.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-05-08 20:48:01

I still deal with this a lot when I go on vacation. if I am away from home for longer than 3 days it messes me up.