2019-05-01 16:13:57

Disclaimer!
I am not asking for money. smile
I know that that type of licence is only in the US. But what if I would;ve sent the money to someone from the US and that said person would buy me the screenreader? Wold it work?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-01 18:45:03

I wonder what would happen when you came to activate jaws. Would it detect that you weren't in the US and fail the activation.

2019-05-01 21:25:58

They'd also have to pay for it every year, so there's that too.

2019-05-01 21:32:31

yeah, they might have things to detect what region you're in. You'd definitely be breaking license terms by doing that. Also, you'd have to kind of have a decent level of trust in the person you selected to do this, as they could just run away with your money, and how could you really do anything about it if they did?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-01 22:12:52

Lol breaking license terms?
They're receiving their money, aren't they?
I am pissing on that license.
Sorry not sorry

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-01 23:35:24

I can't say I blame you lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-02 13:55:16

I don't mind that, ya know?
Polish dealer is a real thiew and he wants more money than they should.
I don't need anyone's support as I am an advanced user. I just need someone who will help me buy this Jaws.

2019-05-02 14:00:44

A while ago, I asked them if they're going to make the annual license available Internationally, and not for the first time, they didn't even bother responding. I also asked the UK distributor if it's going to come to the UK, and they responded with a generic yes but we don't know when. I'd just like them to tell us why the license isn't available internationally yet, or if it ever will be.

2019-05-02 14:04:52

TJT might be right about that, but as I said, I don't mind not having the support, so it is fully okay for me.

2019-05-02 22:01:28

money makes people crazy

2019-05-04 08:30:10 (edited by Dark 2019-05-04 08:32:08)

Why do you want to pay these money grabbing idiots more money anyway! The  fewer people can afford their inflated prices, the sooner they'll either have to go bust or put the price down fairly, and not just for people in the USA on some special dispensation which their doing as a favour out of the goodness of their hearts, but for all people everywhere!

If they actually did have a fair price I would've been glad to try out their products and see if they do indeed provide a superior experience to free alternatives, but I'm not going to bend over backwards to support their unrealistic expectations, particularly when I have an extremely good quality screen reader anyway in NVdA.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-04 12:15:02 (edited by Chris 2019-05-05 01:58:48)

I completely agree with Dark. Unfortunately, Freedom Scientific isn't going to do anything as long as government agencies continue to be their primary customers. It's sad how so many people don't pay attention and realize just how bad this company has become. To my knowledge, they've purchased all their competition, continue to offer terrible customer support to paying customers, price gouge everyone because they're the only game in town, and they've failed to seriously innovate for many years.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-05-05 21:28:14

Your best bet is to re-ask this question around US convention time. Rumor has it that there will be special pricing for Home licenses at that time (according to the FS Open Line,) so I'm guessing you can get it for even cheaper than the $90 USD it is now.

Fact is that JAWS does many things far better than NVDA does. I miss JAWS for this reason. It thrives in business and professional settings and I've been able to drive it a lot faster than I can NVDA. So if they do drop their prices even lower during Summer, I'm on board. The message voices are something I miss greatly, because sometimes with NVDA it's difficult to tell what's on-screen information and what's contextual. JAWS also performs a hell of a lot better in things like Visual Studio and one of the only drawbacks is that they still have no real way of announcing indents on a line.

Even the small things like remembering your last search query that you typed into the screen reader's find dialog (and making that information domain-specific or even page-specific in JAWS' case) is awesome.

2019-05-05 23:54:43

they won't want you buying it if you are outside the US because when they sell in other countries they bang the price rite up. they wouldn't sell me an SMA while I was in America because my copy was registered in the UK so I had to buy it from the reseller here which cost over twice as mutch.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2019-05-05 23:58:19

Lol guys, I don't care about it OK? If there is a way, I will find a way as I need Jaws and I'm not gonna pirate it.

2019-05-06 01:59:44 (edited by Munawar 2019-05-06 02:00:42)

Yup so like I said, re-ask around convention time. I'll know for sure by then if I'll be going, and if i am we'll arrange something (even if I don't, if they do offer discounts there I'll have someone purchase on my behalf) so I'll just put you through the same channel. It's no issue. So just be in touch.

Re: tab: it can, in things like Word. But it doesn't have a general tab announcement like NVDA does... one of it's only lacking features.

2019-05-06 16:56:03

Thank you Munawar! Any channels we can contact through?