2019-04-19 19:40:28

I'm playing a d&d game and I want a bot on tt 5 to play music and ambience when givin commands.
Any ideas?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-19 20:05:51

Have an instance that receives audio from your system so you can play those files. Otherwise, pay some guy some amount of money to put an audiobot on your server that is not opensource and, as far as I know, requires admin access.

2019-04-19 20:06:34

Got a grand? Some Russian dude got a bot.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-19 20:14:01 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2022-04-26 01:39:00)

Anyone who pays for that bot is just asking to be taken advantage of. It requires admin privileges and costs anywhere from $100 to $1,000. I was a sysadmin for the person who made them popular a year back before audio player became such a big deal, and while I won't get into particulars, he's got issues. Not to mention I have reason to think he stole it from the original Russian developer.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-04-19 20:35:31

I'm curious why the thing needs admin rights. That makes no sense. If its just streaming to a channel, admin rights shouldn't be required.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-19 21:12:33

I agree, shady AF.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-20 00:17:12

probably doesn't even need admin rights, he probably has some hidden shit in there so that cookie can see user accounts and keep tabs on the people that go on that server and bs like that. don't trust any shit he gives you

For me, the new coding age begins!

2019-04-20 11:46:58

The original dev is Beca or something like that, someone got the player on our server, not from Kookie.
It does not have any admin rights but yeah, not that impressive, to be honest.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-20 13:11:16

the audioplayer actually does not need admin rights, the reason cookie asks for admin rights is because he wants admin on every serwer, it was like that on persian serwer cookie had an audio player user and it was guest  and he himself said that either admin or no audioplayer, he also put his bot on my channel in US serwer, it didn't require operator / admin / whatever. don't trust cookie guys.

2019-04-21 01:24:12 (edited by kingzombie 2019-04-21 01:27:20)

So once I managed to get ahold of the audioplayer and I saw that it logs every single message sent on the tserver. So i guess that's what admin rights are for? smile But as for your question you can set up somethign that monitors messages and then streams the audio file that its supposed to play through an audio which a tt instance would stream on. This is how I coded my own audio player without the need for an sdk. I had a script that connected to the server and listened for a pm and then did whatever based on what the pm was. If it wasn't any of the commands like /stop or /help I treat it like a song and have it stream the song through a virtual audio cable. Then I'd have another tt instance which would listen on the audio cable so if there was audio playing on it it would stream it on tt.