2019-05-08 23:18:31

you get two from the character towers, then if there is a tower where the character you want is the boss, you get a random brutality from that.  the other one lies in the associated heart chest.  Looks like there are multiple ways of earning most of them.

Can I just say though that the progression here absolutely sucks when compared with Injustice 2?
I loved the multiverse in that game.  Story tidbits, possible rewards in every match.  Here, the towers are overall just not fun in the slightest.  It's lucky the gameplay is incredibly fun.

2019-05-08 23:38:17 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-05-08 23:43:52)

A lot of the community agrees with you there... the grind even just in general is unreal. At least they're working on the towers to be less frustrating though, although it remains to be seen whether or not the one patch was all we're gonna get, or if there'll be more.
Also I'd just like to state how absurdly inconsistent it is that AI fighters can seemingly do brutalities you yourself haven't unlocked yet... I saw my Scorpion do a demon breath brutality just now. It is not unlocked, I only have his throw one which I believe is the default.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-05-08 23:59:28

I see. and yes, progression sucks, though the only thing i just want is the brutalities right now.
I think jonny cage has 7 confirmed brutalities. kabal has 9, for example.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-05-09 00:09:40

Dragons wrote:

I just finished all 4 Tutorials!!! The Basics, Advanced Offense, Advanced Defense and Frame Data Tutorials!!

Thank you again Gilly!!!

Nice, three more to go and you’ll be all set.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-05-09 00:09:56

Do we know for sure though that there's only 1 brutality per character from the krypt? I'm worried that there are like 2 or 3, so it'd neer happen if we don't have sighted help.

2019-05-09 00:15:50

Gilly B wrote:

@Flame Alchemist.  I’m pretty sure you have to complete all of them because I’ve done four so far and haven’t unlocked a different announcer voice .

Yeah it Hass to be all of them, and some could be frustrating, but fun to do.   I’m glad I got that out-of-the-way early.

"One Love"

2019-05-09 00:31:05

So far I know only three brutalities on each characters. Not easy to unlock them though. The krypt it's so huge. I don't even know what I opening.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-05-09 01:02:58

Next one, muthatruckas. Here.

Mortal Kombat 11 Tutorials
V. Building Combos

Lesson: Corner Combos
*opponent will be in corner of stage
JF3 then 3

21 then B14

21 then 21 then 121

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Combo Limitations

JF3 then 1, short delay 1, short delay 1

JF3 then D1, short delay D1, short delay D1

F212 then F212

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Extending Combos

24DB2R1, opponent will be stuck in air then JF3

B12BF1R1 then F4

BF1R1 then 4BF1R1

complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Combo Starters

B321
F24
21DF4
F2BF3
12DF1 then 212
B14DF1 then JF3BF3
DF1 then JF2212

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Combo Enders

243BF3
B12BF1R1 (opponent will be on opposite side now) then quickly F4BF3
F32 then FF
B12DB4
21DF2

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Hit Confirming

112BF2
112 then hold D+Block
112BF2
*only do the special move at end if combo hits; if opponent blocks combo do not do the special move. You have to do it correctly several times.

All done!

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-05-09 02:11:18

Thank you Gilly!!!!! I'll go play right now!!!!

2019-05-09 02:45:06

Next.  I have a feeling I might have messed up in this one. If so, apologies. It would be in one of the segments that repeat.

Mortal Kombat 11 Tutorials
VI. Advantage

Lesson: Getup Offense

B2 then FF
B3 then FF then FF
B4 then D1 as the opponent gets up
B4 then F3 as the opponent gets up
B4 then F423 as the opponent gets up
B4 then B3 as the opponent gets up
B4 then Throw as the opponent gets up
B4 then F4 as the opponent gets up
B4 then JF3
B4 then Block attack then 112
B4 delay then B3 as the opponent gets up
B4 then B2 as the opponent gets up
B4 then B2 as the opponent gets up again
B4 then B2 as the opponent gets up yet again
B4 then Throw as the opponent rolls behind you
B4 delay then B1 as the opponent gets up
B4 then B143 as the opponent gets up.
B2 then B143 before the opponent gets up.

Complete! Finally! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Getup Defense

1 immediately upon get up.
Hold block as you get up.
Hold D+Block as you get up.
Hold block as you get up.
*LU = lightly tap up!
LU1 as you get up.
Up+2 while rising.
B+L2 while rising.
B+L2 while rising again.
B+L2 while rising yet again.
F+L2 while rising.
F+L2 while rising again.
Up+3 while rising.
Throw as you get up.
Up+2 while rising.
Hold L2 after being knocked down.
Hold L2 after you get knocked down but then block as you start to get up.

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Block Pressure

3 then 4 immediately after opponent blocks.
3 then D1 immediately after block.
3 then F412 immediately after block.
F343, then F2 immediately after block.
F343, then F2+Throw immediately after block.
3, then Throw immediately after block.

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Hit Pressure
Note: the following are not combos so there is a slight delay between the first and second segments.

D1 then F4
D3 then 1
D3 then 112
4 then F44
D3 then 2+Throw
B3 then F212
12 then diagonal-down-forward+3
12 then B312
D3 then 2+Throw then 122

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Pressure Defense

Block after getting hit once.
Hold block for all attacks.
Block three attacks then immediately 124.
Block four attacks then immediately 44.
Block two attacks then D1.
Blocktwo attacks then D2.
Block two attacks then Block just as the third attack hits, hold.
Block two attacks then hit D+Block as the third attack hits, hold.
Block two attacks then hit block as the third attack hits, cancel into Up+3 upon perfect blocking the third hit.
Block two attacks, hit block just as third attack lands to perfect block, cancel into Up+2.
Block two attacks then immediately L2+R2 for Fatal Blow!
Block two attacks and Fatal Blow again!

Done!

2019-05-09 02:56:34

Thank you Gilly!!!!

2019-05-09 03:41:27

Going to have to do the last one tomorrow.  Apologies for the delay. I’ve exhausted my eyes and am having  considerable trouble reading the inputs.

@Dragons I will get  at least a couple of those character tutorials tomorrow.

2019-05-09 04:19:34

No worry!!! I'm greatful!!!!

2019-05-09 06:25:00 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-05-09 06:30:11)

So I think part of me is slightly regretting buying the game day one... don't get me wrong, purely as far as the actual fighting goes it's pretty good, and I think it's fun. The problem for me lies in just how annoying unlocking stuff is this time around, specifically brutalities. what with the krypt being unplayable and character towers being grindy and/or short timers... I have to watch the exact same two throw animations 50 times just to progress to the end of stage 1? Seriously? And yes, there actually are timed character towers that some brutalities are locked behind, not the summoned ones you pay for. Also, maybe this is just me... but when people actively tell others to get turbo controllers just so they can have the AI play a game for you to get currencies to unlock stuff without you having to just sit there and press X, seems like there's... just a bit of a problem there. lol
But again, having said that, if they'd at least made brutalities available from the start even if you couldn't see the requirements, I'd be perfectly content with the game and just messing around with the towers and wouldn't be making this post. I don't care about augments, new gear or skins, so I'd never have to touch the krypt, or have to do/watch the same things over and over to be able to progress in a character tower that I already put 25/50K coins into.

2019-05-09 06:32:47

The thing I hate the most about this game is gears. Back in the old days we play the game and able to unlock characters. Now MK step away from that. For example, MK9 we got to unlock two characters, Cyber Sub-Zero and Quan Chi. I wish they don't use all the gears.

2019-05-09 06:42:57

To be fair, frost is unlockable. Shao Kahn should've been tied to story as well, but go figure, they want money.
Oh, and one more thing I forgot... the absense of a playable tag team mode when it's... already... in, the damn game... in the towers. In the battles that just have you and one other person, you can in fact tag in and out.

2019-05-09 06:49:20

I love tag-team in MK9! It's just annoying when we don't get full tag-team. Rather than just the Towers. I agreed about Shao Kahn as well. That's should be unlockable in story mode. You see the DLC for Dead Or Alive 6? It's $93. That's unbelieveable.

2019-05-09 08:02:54

Hi.
@Gilly B: Thank you so much. You have really done an amazing job...
It would be interesting to hear more about how this forum has been helpful to you as a legally sighted gamer. I mean, do you even enjoy playing audiogames without any graphics?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-05-09 11:18:21

@Gilly B
Thanks so much for doing this, I would've gotten round to it sooner myself but haven't had any response from the individuals I asked as of yet (would be good to get the introduction text for each section to get a greater understanding of the objective for example).

I completed Basics and advance offense, but can't get past the second part of advanced defence.  She seems to be mixing up her attacks.  After I block low and get the notification, I stand and get a block notification for that one but then she'll sometimes go for a low again and I can't complete it.  Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-05-09 18:04:44

@Sightless
That’s one where you just have to be quick and get that low block,  and get five in a row,  because once you get hit it  has you start all over.  That low  attack  was the one that was catching me at times two.

"One Love"

2019-05-09 18:31:44

@ Sightless  the  Guide for that particular part should be edited. Jade is going to attack with either a quick low attacks  or an overhead Attack   with her weapon.  My description must have been based on the particular attack pattern she had when I tried it out. i’d say hold D+Block, if you begin to hear the schwing of her weapon  release D.

I figured the text prompts before each segment could be read with OCR.  I skipped adding those to the guide because  of that reason and because it takes me quite long to read text.

2019-05-09 18:53:48

SLJ wrote:

Hi.
@Gilly B: Thank you so much. You have really done an amazing job...
It would be interesting to hear more about how this forum has been helpful to you as a legally sighted gamer. I mean, do you even enjoy playing audiogames without any graphics?

These forums have been helpful because I can’t play most mainstream games.  It takes me very long to read menus and text because I have to use a spot in my peripheral vision and Tracey each letter individually .  And I don’t have the visual acuity to play  most action games.  I get stuck or lost looking for objectives.  My vision works best with contrast. So if enemies or interactive objects are in contrast to the environment, I can work with it. But that’s rarely the case.

So I mostly stick to fighting games because of  A combination of  large character models,  contrast, and sound design.

Because of these forms though,  I have found other titles I could play like some of the Resident Evil games, Diablo III, Dust: An Elysium Tale among others.

I don’t need graphics to enjoy a game but I  don’t game on PC.  But again through these forms I have found a bunch of things I can play with voiceover on my phone.

Also, as cheesy as it sounds, I see how much effort you guys put into getting through a game and that inspires me not to quit out of frustration when I get stuck.

At one point, I was buying games to test if I could play them based on my research… But most of the time I could not. So I use these forums to see what you guys are playing  often to judge how accessible a game might be to me.

I lost most of my site about six years ago and my condition is progressive.  Before becoming legally blind, I worked as a nurse. Now I’m back in school earning my degree in computer science.  The dream is to break into the gaming industry and lend my efforts to the accessibility front.

In regards to that, I take what I learned from going through these forums and my own experience  in thinking about gaming and hope to incorporate those ideas one day.

2019-05-09 20:07:30

Gilly B - you are great. Microsoft are making significant efforts with regard to accessibility, perhaps you should contact Jenny Lay-Flurrie (chief accessibility officer at Microsoft) and ask if there is any way you can be involved or partake in accessibility related work.

Or if she blanks you, just go straight into careers.microsoft.com and enquire about software quality assurance roles for the visually impaired.

I'm not joking. Accessibility is serious business - and they need people.

2019-05-09 22:32:07

It's awesome to hear touching testimony!!! These day now we need a lot of accessibility. It's just annoying me when some places not even try.

2019-05-10 01:26:59

Gilly B wrote:

@ Sightless  the  Guide for that particular part should be edited. Jade is going to attack with either a quick low attacks  or an overhead Attack   with her weapon.  My description must have been based on the particular attack pattern she had when I tried it out. i’d say hold D+Block, if you begin to hear the schwing of her weapon  release D.

I figured the text prompts before each segment could be read with OCR.  I skipped adding those to the guide because  of that reason and because it takes me quite long to read text.

Better said theN I. LOL  that’s exactly how I didit.   and I’m haven’t said it yet, but thanks for your contribution.

"One Love"