2019-05-10 04:40:58

Here you go. Last one.
@Dragons  again I must ask you to bear with me. I’ll get you the character tutorials tomorrow. LOL. Sorry.

Mortal Kombat 11 Tutorials
VII. Positioning and Resources

Lesson: Zoning

BF1.
Execute BF1 three times.
Execute BF1 four times.
Hippie opponent with BF1 three times. He will be walking towards you and ducking periodically.
Hit the opponent with BF1 while they are in the air as they jump towards you.
Hit the opponent with DB2.
JF2 and hit the opponent in the air.
BF1 then BB then BF1. Keep repeating until you clear stage.
Repeat BF1 then BB then BF1 then BB etc until you clear the stage, again.
21DF2R1 then immediately D+Up to teleport.
BF1R1.
BF1R1 then BB.
DF2, hold F.
BF1.
Block then 121.

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Fighting Zoners

Hold block for 3 attacks.
Simply hold D.
Keep moving F and ducking projectiles. You will clear the stage when you get close enough to the opponent.
Simply jump over the projectile.
Hold D+Block to block low projectile. Next jump over the high projectile.
Jump over the first projectile been duck under the follow up projectile.
LU (hop) over first projectile and duck under follow-up projectile.
BF3 to hit opponent while avoiding the projectile.
D4 to avoid projectile and hit opponent. Then duck projectile and immediately B143. 
JF1 over projectile and immediately B321. Do it all in one fluid movement.
Move F while ducking under projectiles. Stage will clear when you get close to your opponent.
F+L2 while rising after you get knocked down by the first series of projectiles to roll and avoid the low projectile.
DF1 to freeze opponent, you will still get hit by a projectile, then JF3 and BF3 quickly after.

Complete! 3F3!
Lesson: Grounded Neutral

Note: This section is about attacks while both opponents are on the ground regarding positioning and reach.

B2.
This section has several parts. First: 1. Second: D3. Third: D1. Fourth: 4. Fifth: F4. Sixth: B4. Seventh: D4. Eighth: B1. Ninth: F3. Tenth: B3. 11th: B2.

Note: for the next section you may have to block close to the attack hitting. I found that if I just blocked right from the beginning, sometimes the opponent attack wouldn’t reach me.

Hold Block.
Hold D+Block.
Hold D+Block, again.
D+Block yet again.
Hold block.
Hold block again.
And hold block yet again.

Note: you have to attack as the opponent is attacking or just after otherwise your attack may not reach.

B4
F34
B1
D4
F34
B2
B3

Tap B to avoid attack then immediately 112.
Tap B, then F34.
Tap B, then B143.

D4
LU(hop) then 3.

Complete! 3F3 to continue.
Lesson: Anti-Air
Note: in this section your opponent will be coming at you with a jump attack. You will be knocking them out of the air so timing is tricky.

Hold Block!
D2
D2 again
DB2
Up+1
JF1
JF1 then B14 before they hit the ground.
Up+1 then immediately BF3R1 before either of you hits the floor.
Back so the opponent misses then D4 as he lands.

Complete! Hit 3F3.
Lesson: Gauge Management

12BF4R1 then after you toss her BF2.
F21DB3, rapidly press3R1, short delay R1 as The instruction says or do F21DB3 and keep smashing 3+R1 like I did.
112DB1R1.
Up+3 while rising.
F+L2 while rising which will cause you to roll right next to your opponent then 122 which will cause a crushing blow then D2!
Old block as you get up after opponent knocks you down.
Block first attack, perfect block (at last second) next attack with D+Block then quickly Up+2.
Hold D+Block.
D+R2 while getting juggled. (Or might be up+R2)

Continue! 3F3.
Lesson: Fatal Blow Management
Note: this section is about canceling combos into fatal blows

F21+L2+R2
12BF4R1, then you will toss the opponent into the air, as they come down 3+L2+R2. Timing is a pain in this one.

Block two hits then L2+R2!

It is done. You just unlocked a bunch of stuff including Shao Kahn as an announcer and that sweet, sweet trophy/achievement!

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-05-10 05:28:51

Thank you Gilly!!!! No worry!!!! This is going to be a hard Tutorial. Thank you again for your hard work!!! I really appreciated very much!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-05-10 05:35:36

@Dragons  yeah parts of the last two tutorials were a pain in the ass.

2019-05-10 19:11:08

Gilly B wrote:

@Dragons  yeah parts of the last two tutorials were a pain in the ass.

Oh. Yes. They. Were.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-05-10 19:14:59 (edited by stewie 2019-05-10 19:15:39)

How did you get the last fatal blow combo? I'm doing it correctly as far as I can tell and I think it is comboing, but it just doesn't work. It's the 1 2 -> bf4 amp, fatal blow one.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-05-10 20:06:48

@Stewie make sure after  The amplified special move you combo with 3 then fatal blow.

2019-05-10 20:55:35

Gilly b.
Thank you so much for doing these! I want that shao khan voice and now I'll be able to get it. Also, just an FYI, your twitter name in your signature is out of date. Went to follow you and TWBlue says that user does not exist.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-05-10 21:00:55

Oh it's 3 into fatal blow, thanks

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-05-11 03:45:22

Hmm!! Johnny Cage and Raiden announcer!!

2019-05-11 04:33:16

how do you do fatle blows and brutalitys?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-05-11 05:04:32

Thanks again Gilly for the tutorial guides... very much appreciated. Just finished the last one. The second last one isn't actually too bad, at least not for me. The trick is to hold off on the 3 until they're lower to the ground. So do the grab a few times, listen to how long the opponent's up in the air for, then time accordingly closer to the end of that.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-05-11 11:00:40 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2019-05-11 13:42:01)

@Gilly B
Thanks very much, again for these tutorials.  I'm now stuck on flawless blocking.  It's a shame it's a mechanic that really only works effectively with visuals to go along with it.  I've managed to get past the first couple of parts, but the final one (flawless block then immediately U+3) is what really wound me up.  Fortunately, though I have no idea how, I managed to complete it and a number of the other tutorials.  I'm now on block pressure and trying to get the F343 into F2+throw is proving to be frustrating so I'll likely leave it there for the moment.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-05-11 15:42:55

@sightless
I'm also stuck at the same place. is it really f2+throw? as in, do you need to press f+2+1+3 at the same time?
because it doesn't like that cassie is throwing  when i play the demo, it looks like a different attack. can the game screen mention a wrong button?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-05-11 18:42:29

I'm on the special move cansuls and I was able to do 3 DB3 the first time. I can't do it again. I don't know how I got it the first time.

2019-05-11 21:08:39

@hadi and sightless, it's a notation error. The command is F+2, 1+3.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-05-11 22:50:20

I would need to go back and check which I can’t do right now but when I write f2+Throw I mean Forward and 2  simultaneously followed  immediately  by throw.  A combo that ends with a throw.  I don’t know if I messed up and it supposed to be F213  instead of a throw.     

If you watch the demonstration, I’m sure that would clarify whether it’s a series of hits  or if it ends with a throw.

Not sure how it’s done on Xbox or PC but on PlayStation if you  Press the touchpad, it will show you a video demonstration .

Hope that makes sense .
Remember that a throw can be done by hitting  1 and 3  simultaneously or the shortcut L1/LB

2019-05-11 23:01:02

For the person asking about fatal blows and brutalitIes. Fatal Blows  are done when you have something like less than 30% life in a round and you press L2 and R2 simultaneously  The switch stands and block buttons). You can only do one per match.

For a brutality, you have to follow certain conditions in the winning round and finish the character with a specific move.

Somebody posted this here I believe. It should help :

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/04/ … rutalities

2019-05-11 23:07:51

Sorry for posting again. In retrospect, combos that end in a throw like F2 followed by throw,  I probably should have written it differently  and not F2+Throw.  I see how that can be confusing. My bad.

2019-05-11 23:11:21

It's F2 and then 1+3 or L1 to throw.

2019-05-11 23:13:28

I have a major problem with this game.  and it is that well... too many characters are just too much fun to use, that finding a main is going to be a nightmare.

2019-05-11 23:23:06

dan_c wrote:

I have a major problem with this game.  and it is that well... too many characters are just too much fun to use, that finding a main is going to be a nightmare.

I feel very much the same.
Every time I try a new character I’m like, “Oh, man.  Maybe this is the one.“

2019-05-11 23:47:42

I'm currently getting that feeling with Geras.  I love command grabs.  Always have done.  Probably why I love Bane so much in Injustice 2.  Playing a fair bit of that game as well, as multiverse is a lot of fun.

2019-05-12 06:08:31

Finally finished!!!! That was tough!!!!

2019-05-12 07:10:33

did you get shao kahn as an announcer?

2019-05-12 07:27:36 (edited by Dragons 2019-05-12 07:53:00)

Yes!!! I'm wondering they going to put DLC for more announcer? Like Johnny Cage and Raiden? I still like classic announcer better.