2019-02-16 00:09:15

Hi.
So, a while ago i was checking any audio and herd a couple recordings where someone was showing off quite a few different up versions. Right now the best i could find was an old client from mason's old soundworx github, up5.2 testing14, but it of corse has no server to connect to so it's effectively useless.
If anyone has any working up versions with the server, let me know, i'd be intrested to try them. From what i herd of these recordings, they sound awesome.

Thumbs up +1

2019-02-16 06:38:54

cmerry,

Unfortunately, all of these versions are either server sourcecode, client source code, or neither. There is unfortunately never both.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-02-16 09:20:28

@Mason, can you give me permission to post a link of an old beta of Ultra Power, without source, wich has server and client?

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2019-02-16 09:37:14

I am not sure; but most peeples starting ultrapower servers and a lot of mess; I dont no what servers are playible; but I am looocking a server that is playible: and if I find i'l let you no guys; I lissind some up rekordings two; and it seems a cool game at it seems; but I dont no the game when I was in the blind community

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-16 10:22:26

For reference, here is the recording i was talking about,
http://anyaudio.net/listen?audio=9END0EaV7Hq
I’m just wondering how this guy got hold of all these.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 10:24:22

Oh and @post3, if you mean the 0.22.54 thing, i already sort of messed with that.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 12:22:01

hi
can I have 0.22.54 please? I think ivan have all of them: how tk enemies came? boom

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 12:29:57

hi
I have a server of up; but I dont no wether it's working or not but; well; a thing; i'l send you the link at some point

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-16 14:42:00

hi, if this helps.
i have a old bayter of up, and i have 2 other old ones with cliant and server

Have a lovely day.

2019-02-16 15:00:24

Please ensure the following:
I am happy that people are asking permission from Mason, this is very important. Do we also need permission from Sam?
Next thing: if permission is granted, please, ensure that there is no source code at all with this version. Perhaps there could be a version for the sake of preserving audiogame history, with the ability to explore the map offline if no server is available. I do not think this game supports bots at all, unless a very basic AI could be added, again, for the purposes of preserving audiogame history, with, perhaps a sort of of museum mode with information about this game, about what happened in the community, lest the same mistakes are not repeated again.

Thumbs up +1

2019-02-16 15:37:58

Ilya, which versions? Also Aaron, I believe up 4.0 to 6.something had AI’s, don’t quote me on that.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 16:04:25

@11.

11.2, and  0.92 bayter. and. 11.12
hope that helps

Have a lovely day.

2019-02-16 16:05:31

please send link of 0.2?

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 16:49:28

Hi guys,

No. I would prefer you not post links. Thanks.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-02-16 17:02:13

Yeah, I don't understand why this shit hasn't died down by now. UP was a good game but its time to put it to rest.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-02-16 17:08:03

sort of agree with ivan, i was mainly just curious about some of these older ver's because they seem so different to the later ver's that got leaked.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 17:12:03

yeh,
I haven't touched the up stuff in a long time.
don't really see a point any more. we have much cooler stuff like rtr.
And I would have thought all this btb,and up, stuff  had died down

Have a lovely day.

2019-02-16 17:17:24

I'm actually glad someone mentioned rtr, because I really don't see how rtr is any better than up or sbp or any of that. I mean there's no inventory system, a kind of wierd weapon system, completely, uh, just very strange movement system, really the only good things about it are team death match and ctf. so like, why do people like that game so much?
Also @ilya, check your pm's.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 17:19:29

Cmerry, check PM's

2019-02-16 17:30:24

just responded.

Thumbs up

2019-02-16 23:05:34

Mason, and Sam, can I get permission to host a private server for me and my friend killerzomby888?

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2019-02-16 23:21:32

The reason I like rtr is it has no imballance. Everyone eventually dies, if not they run out of bullets.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-02-17 02:17:21

Hi Monkey,

I wouldn't do it.

2019-02-17 11:03:57

hi
at mason, if it is the game which that open sourced years a go, and it dont continus, why you dont let people host a server and play?

Thumbs up

2019-02-17 11:13:18

Mahdi, the game was never open sourced. The source code was leaked, hence why the rights were aventualy transfered to sam tupy. But like others have already said, it's probably best left alone now. There's really not much going for it that other games don't already provide, please do correct me if i'm wrong.

Thumbs up