2019-01-31 14:09:04

so, i want to make music using reaper, and many people have done it, so i was wondering if there were any free virtual instruments and a tutorial on how to use reaper, thanks in advance for any help i can get

2019-01-31 14:42:12

The free CAVI courses are an excellent starting point. They even provide an archive of free VSTs.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-01-31 15:17:19

I dunno about any VSTs unfortunately, but I advise you to download the sws extension and the osara accessibility adon, to make it much easier to use. SWS adds a lot of shortcuts and stuff that I personally find useful, Osara makes it work well with screen readers, whether it be on windows or mac. It took a real long time for me to get used to it, though. So long that I switched to reaper for 90% of my stuff after using it for a year. It wasn't a quick transition by any means. Also, there is something called Reapack, which has a lot of custome scripts made by the community for certain things. For example it allows me to turn multiple items I may have on a track into a drum machine by putting all the sounds in their separate instance of the built-in sampler plugin and assigning them to a key, when I highlight all the items and find the script in the action list or activate the shortcut key. Once you have it set up to do what you wanna do is great.

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2019-01-31 20:16:15

I'd love to know where these addon script are that add extra functionality because making a drum machine sounds super useful.

To #1, start at the reaper accessibility wiki.  Can just google that and it'll be the first thing that pops up.  Also google free VSTs, those will pop up too.  I usually browse the VST4free website, there's some good freebies on versillion studios, and pluginboutique has a section where you can get free stuff, as well.

2019-01-31 20:26:51

well, if anyone knows where to get virtual instruments like piano and violin and stuff like that, may someone please direct me to them

2019-04-20 02:41:58

Here is the link to the Reaper Accessibility Wiki.
I'm also in search for any audio lecture files, demonstrations, etc, that would be helpful in supplement to the text of the Wiki.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2019-04-20 04:43:05

regarding free virtual instruments, this might be useful
though no quality is fully assured as far as free goes, but there have been nice attempts

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…