2019-03-01 19:07:37

Hi,
I recieved your email this time, so you have it figured now smile
although don't click send that many times as I recieved it about 4 5 times in one go smile
Just so everyone knows,
Audiovault is experiencing a short outage I'll get back home and fix it asap, no need to worry
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-01 19:52:20 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-01 19:53:01)

Sight back up and the UI (what there is of it) updated a little
The donate/ support link is right there on the site now for those that want to donate,
and speaking of donations, Thank you again Vincent for your donation!
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-02 18:18:53

Very welcome! I'll try and think of it every month, it'll be like Netflix.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-05 18:19:30 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-05 18:20:52)

Hi,
That would be really helpful, bollemanneke specially because down the line I may have to get a better server because of space constraints.
Have been adding and tweeking a few things here and there, I.E have now made the tables displaying recently added movies and tv shows to 10 instead of 5.
have been thinking of changing that to around 20 30 but not sure as to how well people's screenreaders would handle such a thing. There shouldn't be any problems to be honest as they would come to about 70 80 links in total on the homepage whilst allowing users a greater leighway in the frequency they check and miss out on the stuff that has been recently added, but there's a very slight chance that some users on older machines may feel it a little slow as unlikely as that maybe.
Feedback is welcome
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 21:14:55

Well, those machines would have to be pretty old if they can't handle, say, 50 results on one page, haha.

Also, do you have Frasier season 4 and Family Guy seasons 15-16 yet? I can help there.

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 03:57:58

@grryfindore, you might want to check your messages from time to time.

I've been sending you what the mice adds every couple of days, because some days they add stuff while other days it's pretty quiet.

If anyone has sero, I'm wondering if they're adding shows or if they also stopped when the mice did.

I subscribe for a month from time to time, just to see if anything's different over there, but I think since their lead programmer seems to have left, things are starting to break.

Even microsoft narrator has overtaken system access when it comes to a decent screen reader.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-06 06:22:50 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-06 06:27:21)

Hi,
@bollemanneke, Thank you. Family guy is already on the server, and Frasier is in the very long queue to be uploaded lol
Edit: woops I was looking at other titles along with family guy, so season 15 16 isn't actually on there.
If you can get those to me, it'd be great. smile

I have about 475 wierdly named titles on there which are tv shows, and they need to be renamed, unfortunately I don't have time at all this month to get to them, but probably in the month of april I should be able to sit and fix them up on the weekends.

@kool_turk, Thank you for all the links you send, I do keep an eye on my inbox and I grab all the links you send at least once in 2 days if not on the same day.
Thank you for them links again big_smile
and yeah, I think raising the links to the recents  up slightly shouldn't be a problem at all, but just in case if anyone here ever has a problem or the page takes time to load or any such issue let me know and I will bring it back to 10 15 movie and shows instead.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 10:20:09

@Cool_Turk. I've checked Sero a month ago or so, They've stopped adding TV shows. They were probably getting their shows from blindmice.
Best regards.

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 12:48:28

@ryok, that sounds about right.

My subscription ended early January and people were asking about the tv shows then.

While I do like the service, it's not worth staying just for the described content.

I know they have other stuff too, like the old time radio shows, but some of those are pretty bad quality, like Adventures by Morse "City Of The Dead."

I was able to find a better quality on youtube of all places.

Thumbs up

2019-03-06 15:28:42

I wonder if anyone has the following movies:

Spaceballs
Original TMNT Trilogy
Beverly Hillbillies movie

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 13:31:51

Hi,
Another update which I thought I'd share with you all.
I have been busy adding movies and tv shows to the website, and I am really glad to say that we have come to a point where we have movies before the bmmv does, for now, anyway. and tv shows, yes you heard it right, new tv shows as well.
The 2 people that have been really helpful and a huge support are poppop66151 and kool_turk with all the movies and tv shows they have been helping the vault with.
G-Rad has also been kind enough to share his own audio descriptions of the home alone and major pain if I am remembering right.
I am in the process of uploading new tv shows and movies as I write this, and finally I believe we are getting somewhere.
Once again, Thank you to all of you that have supported the audiovault be it financially or with sharing movie tv shows, and advice.
Here's hoping all of you are having a good weekend,
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 13:53:31

If I do any other movies, I will happily donate those as well for I have quite a few that I could possibly do.

There is a bug that I'd like to report.   when I browse for content, when going to  page 2, it is not alwyas page 2 of the que'd content, but instead sometimes, it seems to be a random pae.

EG: If I type in 2002 for the search,  I get the first page of movies from 2002, ut the second page is not movies from 2002, but other random stuff from somewhere else in the list.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2019-03-18 14:12:25

Ya I wonder if someone has speed 2 crews control, another home alone 3 and 4 also beyond skyline

2019-03-18 19:21:03

Yes, thank you to whoever shared Home Alone 2, I've been wanting it for a long time.

Gryffindore, does it help if I e-mail you a list of all the things I have? I don't really have time to check if you have all of it, but can generate a list without problems.

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 06:24:15 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-19 06:25:10)

Hi,
Thank you, Cala Estes for your donations, every bit helps. smile
Even more so if we keep on going at the same rate as we are we may need to expand to a server with more storage lol.
G-rad bug noted, will try and get it fixed, its relatively miner though, so I'll focus on uploading stuff and the renames that still remain. first.
bollemanneke, unfortunately I don't have the time to go through and compare, but I suppose I could, although I do happen to have a list of tv shows we are missing if you are interested in just the missing stuff?
Either ways, do send me a list of what you are able to share and I'll get to it as I am able. smile
Rio_unesa, are those movies actually described at all?
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-19 06:39:21

Hi Grryf, just wanted to let you know that I donated $20 toward the costs of ***. You're doing a great job and the site is already better than BMMV ever was. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-19 06:56:41

In terms of speed, I agree, in terms of content, it's getting there.

There's stuff on there that the mice havent got yet, and soon there will hopefully be even more content.

I'm wondering what we should do if there is a US and a UK version of the same movie or show.

How do you pick one over the other.

I'll use the scorpion king as an example, the UK version had audio ducking when describing, so I submitted what I feel, is a better version, that being the US description.

I guess it boils down to what someone prefers.

Sero sometimes have both versions, but they've been storing stuff for years, and probably have the storage space.

I can only speak for netflix, they try not to get content that ducks the audio when describing

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-20 06:30:26 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-20 06:31:18)

Hi,
Thank you Josh for the kind words and the donation. Its through the genorocity of people like you that the vault is up and running. as I said in the previous post, the server space may need to be upgraded soon, so its even more helpful atm. smile

If people want need wish for it, I suppose we can have both versions, but I personally think adv that ducks the movie too often makes me miss sounds and it spoiles the experience, at least for me. so the nnetflix way, that is the non ducking adv seems to be the better option.
Uploading new shows movies still, and making a few changes to the website (as and when I get the time for it) that should make things even more easier.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-20 08:48:21

The one thing I miss from the movie vault was having the descriptions on the site, so you can go through movies or series and decide which sound interesting. I realise it would be impractical for a few people to provide descriptions for all the movies and series on the vault, it would have been useful if there was a way to copy over the descriptions from the movie vault but that's no longer possible for series anyway. I think a lot of them got their descriptions from wikipedia or maybe other sites as well, so would it be possible to set up a system that somehow pulls descriptions from somewhere? It would be a lot easier to fix issues reported by people than manually add descriptions. Obviously getting all the content on is the main priority for now, was just suggesting it as a possible long-term goal.

Thumbs up

2019-03-20 09:21:07

I think they just grab the description from IMDB, or they'd just paste it in manually when they use to upload it.

Can you imagine trying to do all that manually, there's probably like thousands of titles up there.

The only way I can think of to do all of that manually is to devide the list among a whole heap of users, you do 100, someone else does the next 100, so on and so forth.

Make sure everyone sticks to the titles on their list.

I got the idea from a harry potter fanfic of all things, where the house elves all had to translate a book, each house elf had one page of said book.

So if the book had 800 pages, and you had 800 house elves translating one page, you'd have the book translated in no time.

Obviously we don't have house elves to help us out lol, just using them as an example to explain the concept.

Thumbs up

2019-03-20 11:49:31

Hi,
I actually had that in the plans when we started out, but my friends who has been working on the site all this time has put sort of a break on those ideas. so anyway, we are going for the content for now.
But believe me, if possible, I want it as much as you do, so there's a possibility of descriptions being added in the future too. considering the many people that have requested descriptions so far.

and hopefully with a few house elvs to go along with...
and KT, we'd need 8.5k house elvs or there abouts to carry that example to its conclusion lol
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up

2019-03-20 12:19:52

I don't wanna be a killjoy or difficult, but as far as I'm concerned, adding descriptions really isn't necessary. I was attached to those of BMMV as well, until they became unreachable and I had to make do with IMDB's one-line summaries, which were in most cases better than the BMMV ones. And anyway, I only look for movies that my TV guide lists every week, and that TV guide has their own summaries. Yes, it takes a few seconds for me to go to IMDB pages, but I don't even mind doing it now anymore. For me, content is far, far more important. I just think it would be a better use of people's time to add things than to copy-paste thousands of descriptions. It can be done from IMDB, of course, but wouldn't it make the website less intuitive/quick to use? I love the way it is now, dry titles and download links. Sighted people have to click on a TV guide's summary too, so why can't we?

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-20 13:05:37

I like the previous posters idea.

If I really want to know what something is about, I can just look it up on IMDB.

They have most of the summaries for what is listed there anyway.

I'm focusing on content at the moment.

To the person who asked about the original ninja turtles trilogy, I know the first one was described, because I came accross it on Sero back when I was a member.

I don't know if they did the other two.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-20 22:17:45

I agree completely with posts 222 and 223. It would take far too much time and effort to get descriptions on the vault. Let's just keep adding content, and people can take two seconds to look up a show or movie if they're not sureabout it.

Thumbs up +1

2019-04-01 06:11:09 (edited by grryfindore 2019-04-01 06:14:07)

Hi,
Let me begin this post with huge thanks to Vincent for his donation to the vault.
Thank you man, couldn't keep this up without you guys that donate generously every month.
You guys make some good points, but perhaps if we can manage the descriptions by imdb or something, we may try for it, in a way that doesn't make website a pain to use, of course. smile
But yes, content is going to be our focus or first priority, at least for now.

In terms of updates, we have been adding many tv shows and movies lately, such as Sex education season 1, the order, spider-man, aquaman, fantastic beasts and the crimes of grindalwald to mention a few.

Need to go and look into a better server now, and see what all goes into server migration. big_smile
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

Thumbs up