2018-12-03 10:46:49

I got nostalgic for my Braille Scrabble game, so I looked up the price, . . . and it was $55!
Since that's not an option, i'm wondering what are everyone's favorite word games?
I recently started playing Word Candy on the PC, and I really enjoyed it once I got Jaws to shut up. It was distracting me with the countdown timer. But once that was settled, it's a fun game.
I've also downloaded Search Party, because I used to love word searches when my teacher would Braille them for me.
So . which games do you love?
What features make for a great word game?
Do you have a platform preference - PC, iPhone, etc?
Finally, what is your favorite multiplayer word game, since Words with Friends isn't accessible?

2018-12-03 20:56:47

My lady loves anagrams. We haven't found a decent anagram game on Alexa yet, but she loved the BG ones, although she ended up solving all the none cripting ones  and I'm not sure where to get more.

I am less a fan of the scrabble, spacial logic stuff myself, hence why I haven't really played games like BG boggle or BG word target, but I enjoy those with questions, in particular I recently bought the word searches on game world nee huboodle, which are fun, if I can persuade it not to give me diagonal words big_smile.

My lady and I also regularly play some of the trivia word games on alexa  as word of the day, question of the day and some of the letters games which are lots of fun if you like trivia and word meaning questions, indeed word of the day is great for obscure words.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-04 10:38:57

Dog who hates toast and obsessive compulsive are pretty fun...
And I love anagrams as well, used to play the anagram game on ZoneBBS all the time.