2023-12-09 23:48:45

oh cmon, don't tell me you wouldn't have done the same thing if you were being unfairly criticized and harangued.

2023-12-09 23:59:02

No, I wouldn't. If someone stood up for me, I wouldn't go all, "Yeah, what he said, you bully! How's it feel to be wrong?" It makes you sound like a poor-sport child. Don't kick people while they're down and all that.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2023-12-10 05:13:46

@whocrazy I would, but I'd be an asshole for doing it. I am an asshole, as my long colorful history on here can tell you, but I'm kinda hoping to be the lowest common denomenator. Don't strive to engage in behaviour which I find gross, because that says more about you than it does me.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2023-12-10 10:33:07

The topic is about a game please let's stop fighting

2023-12-10 13:21:45

aziz1media wrote:

The topic is about a game please let's stop fighting

Actually, this forum will be soon down, so It is normal here, althought I am against this too.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2023-12-10 14:01:09

Dan Gero wrote:

@48 I think you've made your point friend. Everyone except RhythmHeaven_fan apologized, and they probably aren't going to apologize anyway.

You are right. I never acknowledged this guy at all. I was just responding to a different post. I am bored so I just came to check this topic to see what’s going on. Same drama as usual.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2023-12-10 21:45:47

RhythmHeaven_fan wrote:

You are right. I never acknowledged this guy at all. I was just responding to a different post.

RhythmHeaven_fan wrote:

@30 get a book and learn c# or what ever language he used and fix it yourself.

TWITCH

2023-12-10 22:24:21

"Some of us are new to this forum"...that is where the challenge came from.

By adding that word "us", you are sort of backhand including yourself in that group, Whocrazy, and your account age is almost as high as mine, which means you've at least had the potential to have been here awhile. And I have seen you around for a long, long time, so...yeah. You're not new.

That said, your overall point is good. It just doesn't apply to you in quite that way. You, as someone who knows this place, also knew what you were getting into by first reading and then posting. That doesn't make all your responses your fault - I've been on the other side of this one, too - but it does make it at least partially your responsibility. If you can't or won't own that, and can't accept that your choice or wording made it look like you were trying to claim you were a new forum user...then yeah, that's a bit of a sticking point.

All that having been said, I have not seriously picked up this game for years.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2023-12-11 12:57:05

I did not know what I was getting into by posting a simple query about a bug in an old game, in  previous times, I thought the mods dealt with all the troublemakers on here.  Why do you have to chastise and blame others?  "Oh, whocrazy, you should have known what crap storm you'd unleash by posting on here, you're old enough now, you should have known better, you've been a member of this group since 2006, long enough to know what would happen if you revived old topics, or pretended to be a new user, whocrazy, you should have done this, you should have done that, ETC.

2023-12-11 16:21:38

No. I am simply saying that you have been here long enough to know what happens when you revive threads. I'm not even necessarily saying you shouldn't have done it - frankly, I don't care one way or the other - but it's kind of hard to sell the wide-eyed act when you've been here as long as you have. That's it, that's all.

Now, you can go on acting persecuted, or you can realize that your word choice made an otherwise simple request a little more tricky to parse. It's your call.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2023-12-28 07:17:17

moderation:

@Jod (post 36): consider this a warning for spam and off-topic posting.

end moderation

Eh, I'm an admin and there are some things about this site I'm still to this day figuring out that you can and can't do without annoying people. Join the club! At any rate, reviving a topic with perfectly legitimate comments on a game you're enjoying is not an offense. Don't let the mob convince you otherwise. Even assuming it were for just a second, the anger in reaction to this having been done would be entirely overblown and unjustified.

Rules wrote:

Please do not revive very old topics without a good reason. If the last post in a thread is from a long time ago and the topic has clearly been quiet, please post elsewhere or create your own topic. Some threads go silent for awhile, only to legitimately flare up again later. This is fine, so long as it's not being done repeatedly and with no good reason.

Let's lay off WhoCrazy here, cool? Maybe we can redirect the anger somewhere else. I can think of a couple games for that.

In all seriousness though, as Oriol said, perhaps it's been a difficult couple of days. This time of year can bring out the best in some and the worst in others. At the risk of seeming like I'm going all sugary on ya, I get this personally. If you can, reach out to someone you haven't talked to in a while. Catch up with an old friend. Shoot the shit and share a laugh or two. Or simply remind someone close that they're important to you.

Take it easy folks. Let's not lose site of the things that are actually worth caring about. I promise, you are not looking at one of those right now.

2023-12-28 07:59:47 (edited by Dan Gero 2023-12-28 08:02:17)

Uh, Carter? You're reporting him for spamming and going off topic in this topic, when it's not entirely clear he was or was not jesting about this game. And yet, your team as a whole has failed to realize that most of Jod's posts are spam anyway, (spam that Dglex believes is harmless, and therefore I'm assuming the rest of you are in agreement). Your motivations have never been so unclear before as they are now.
Look, be level with us. If y'all are becoming disenfranchised with this forum, either because of its toxicity or because you have your lives to handle or both, just be up front about it, and work on trying to get other people to take your place if you don't want it anymore. We all get it. Because I'm gonna be blunt here. This popping in to drop single posts then bouncing out of here and ignoring people's questions and concerns bullshit is getting really annoying really quick. Do you remember what happened to Klango? Keep doing this, and AGNet is going to go down the same way.

TWITCH

2023-12-28 10:26:39

I wonder how often admins on here get attacked. Mob mentality is real, here more than anywhere I've seen, though I don't really like topic revival myself and even did comment way up as well about how misleading this revival was.
With that said, this lashing back and forth is getting quite out of hand. No war can stop if both sides still attack. If you want audiogames.net to go down like klango, act like those on there and it will. If you want audiogames.net to get better, act according to it and it will. Saying it's going to be and acting in a way that dooms it to be only makes it go faster, unless that's what you want, intentionally want.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2023-12-28 10:45:33

I'd like to react here.
There is one difference. About the Klango, most of admins don't care about software and also, two 'great' admins have destroyed one community and pissed of other people.
This was one example of one forum. Also, Klango has a bad secure things of registrations ETC. Ofcourse, Audiogames.net is I think better, than Klango. Or was? I don't know, how is with this site. I am not a developer of Audiogames.net. I've noticed from behaviour of many people (sometimes I did mistakes too), that AG.net will be soon down.
Also, I don't know, how long Klango will be on the internet and how long is Audiogames.net on the internet.
Those are My factors about It.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2023-12-28 11:17:29

Greetings all. I finished reading Jodd's post and I must say that not only was it on topic but it was heartfelt, deep and it had much emotional content. I believe he should be praised for writing about what he went through and how the game gave him a new perspective. While it did not solve his problems, it truly helped and that is something worth knowing and reading about. I thumbed Jodd up as I know of no other way to show my gratitude for a most excellent post. Well done Jodd and keep up the good work. As for the game itself, while my experience wasn't quite as life changing as Jodd's, I rather liked playing treasure hunt before it became freeware. Unfortunately there were a few bugs introduced rather unintentionally to the freeware version making it not so enjoyable to play. This hasn't been the case with 3d velocity, that game is quite stable and a joy to play. Unfortunately I am not a programmer and those who are may not want to take on this treasure hunt project. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2023-12-28 11:42:14

@65 Spoiler alert, the post wasn't written by him, had no sincerity and had nothing to do with this game. Sorry to burst your bubble. For more info, https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/ … 370884706/

2023-12-28 12:57:18

Greetings Nikola. I clicked on the link provided and read the post. I must therefore apologise sincerely because I genuinely believed in what was written; I believed very strongly that if a post was written with much emotional content then it would have to have come from the poster in question. Okay, put another way, were I to write a heartfelt post, I would have to write it in my own words and put all that I personally felt into it and not copy someone else. True if I wanted to use someone else's words, I would give the link to the article in question and quoted the other person. I've done it before. I cannot in good conscience retract my benediction, I can only own up to my mistake and endeavour not to repeat it again. Unfortunately, my failing is that I have to believe the best of those who make posts of this nature unless or until they've been proven to be plagiarists and or insincere. I am likely to fall for it again if my emotional heartstrings are plucked and right now, I have to admit to not knowing how not to be the way that I am. I have to rely on my beloved to tell me whether or not I have been or am about to be taken in. Unfortunately, if I harden my heart, I would be in danger of not trusting those who are good and genuine and I don't want to do that. I write all the above in order to thank you for pointing me to the article and yes for bursting my bubble. True I didn't like my bubble being burst because I feel foolish but it was necessary to do so. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2023-12-28 15:32:48

Uh, Dan? Perhaps I was unclear in my original post, for which I will apologize and provide more justification.

1. See my post in the survive the wild thread wherein I warned Jod for posting the same there.
2. The Steam link from Nikola, thank you sir.
3. Most of Jods posts contain a single word, this much is true. But they are also not strictly off topic. There is a distinction, and his posts are something you can scroll past if you really want to. I have a problem with spam i.e. verb: send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the internet. Or noun: irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the internet to a large number of recipients. This isn't that. If it bothers you so much you maintain the right not to read it.

Dan Gero wrote:

Because I'm gonna be blunt here. This popping in to drop single posts then bouncing out of here and ignoring people's questions and concerns bullshit is getting really annoying really quick.

While this isn't the topic for it, I will say that things are going on behind the scenes. I will own that the transparency needs work. You will hear more in the coming days.

In the meantime, I feel like your characterization of me simply dropping in to do my job, a.k.a. administering and trying to make this a more pleasant place as bullshit is the fucking epitome of entitlement. Yeah, I have to (regrettably) go inactive from an unpaid position for a while to support myself and meaningfully contribute to my own livelihood and future. After my typical 60 hour workweek, twenty hours of which are high-stakes situations where I need to be on my game constantly, sometimes all I have the time for is shorter posts and popping in. This isn't lazy blind guy mad at unfair world stuff, it's working my ass off while I still can, trying to get ahead, travelling to grow my knowledge, and maintaining some semblance of a social life off the internet.

But that "popping in to drop single posts" is something, and if it weren't for the guilt that I hold on account of letting things get worse under my nose looooong after I should've taken the L, I would be long gone by now. But I do what I can for the community with the resources that I have at my disposal aka not the resources to engage in drawn out conversation, conflict, and constant criticism of the work we are or are not doing at any given time. In my book that's better than nothing. In a professional position with good income, it would be lousy performance. Here it's all I have to give.

2023-12-28 20:18:26 (edited by Dan Gero 2023-12-28 20:43:19)

My main beef is with Dglex, to be honest. I lumped all the admins in with him by default, and I know that's probably not fair, so I apologize for that. Also, quite frankly I would hate this moderation job, because I don't have the patience to babysit most of these people. I was under the assumption that you're in the same boat, and yet you're moderating anyway because you feel like you still have some sort of obligation to these people, while at the same time hating this job so much that you just let problems pile up, (see THIS TOPIC as an example).
I don't think it's entitled to say that at all, because honestly? That's exactly what I would do if I was a moderator here. Why would I want to do free work for these ungrateful people who would just throw my efforts back in my face anyway? And that's fine, but if that was your motivation which I wrongly assumed it was, (or maybe I didn't and you are actually fed up with this place and just don't want to say it, (I don't know, I'm not a mind reader)), then I was saying you should find someone who cares more. Personally, if I had a 60 hour work week, I would be saying, "You know what guys? Fuck this forum. Do whatever you want and handle your own problems, because I'm not doing this anymore."
Look, there are plenty of good people here, but the bad ones make this forum sort of an unpleasant place to be a lot of the time. I mean Jesus Christ, the Public Discipline topic is 4 pages long, and I have my account set to show 75 posts per page!
Liam. Sam Tupy. Bryn. Aprone. EA Sports Accessibility team. Probably others I'm not thinking of. All good people, and all well established developers who left this place because of how generally toxic it is. You should all count your lucky stars that I'm not one of the web masters here, because if I was, I'd be taking this place down at this point because of how thoroughly tainted it is.

TWITCH