2019-09-07 21:58:44

not too long ago, I did a thing with the main in game theme where I recorded guitar cords over the top of the original track.

2019-09-11 01:59:33

Hi treasure hunters,

So I'm having a little problem. I've just downloaded the latest 4.47 version, and I'm getting a small, huge error.

Error
---------------------------
An error of type The type initializer for 'th.DXSound' threw an exception. has occurred. Treasure Hunt can't continue, and a log has been generated.
OK   

Log:
"The type initializer for 'th.DXSound' threw an exception."
"   at th.DXSound.InitDX(Int64& WinHandle)
   at th.mainFRM.mainFRM_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)",

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-09-11 02:13:54

Hi!
I've seen posts where people are suggesting to install some repair utility made by Jim Kitchen: https://www.agarchive.net/games/kitchensinc/winkit.zip

Perhaps it's time to update Treasure Hunt and get rid of legacy libraries. big_smile

2019-09-11 02:36:59

Hi Munawar,

This has solved the problem. Thanks so much!

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2023-12-06 12:24:37

lots of bugs in this one.  if you enter the wrong game slot when attempting to load a game, the program will crash with an error and exit.
Similarly, if you try and shoot at the guard with the needles, sometimes the game will crash and exit as well.
Can anyone fix this?
Thanks.

2023-12-06 12:30:52

Geez man. I thought it was a new release!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2023-12-06 14:36:46

31, really? the version did not change from since then, did it? lol
@30 get a book and learn c# or what ever language he used and fix it yourself.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2023-12-07 06:35:58

why did you have to revive this shit?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2023-12-07 07:18:22

This is exactly why I wish there was a mechanism to auto close topics that have been inactive more than a specified time period. This has been happening for years on end, and even I haven't been here long enough to fully comprehend why people like to do what they like to do.

The people who love you the most,   are the people who matter most in your life.

2023-12-07 10:47:42

My My, such hatred and vitriol, all because I wanted to play the game bug free.  Did you guys get out of the wrong side of your beds today or something, seriously, take a chill pill.  Some people on here are new and like to know what kind of games are out there, why are you annoyed at someone finding a game that was released as open source 5 years ago and is asking questions about it?  You people have some serious issues if you find the revival of old posts annoying, some of us are new to this forum and have not had the pleasure of playing these older games.  Stop lashing out and blaming others for everything that is going wrong in your lives

2023-12-07 11:55:58

This game saved my life.
I am 27.
My ex-wife and I have a daughter together, and adopted our son together. They are now both 4 years old.
When we were going through our separation, I found myself lost and miserable. I was self destructive. I got so mad one day from everything spiraling out of my control that I punched some concrete in a moment of overwhelming emotion. That caused me to break my 5th metacarpal in my right hand... my working hand... my games hand.. the hand that I held and carried my children to bed with.. The hand I desperately needed to make sure I could continue to provide.
After learning of the severity of my self-inflicted damage, I was borderline suicidal. Keep in mind that just a few months before this, I was the happiest man with no history of depression or anxiety. I have never had fits of rage, or been one to break down and cry, but I was in a low spot that just really buried me from being able to see the light on the other side.
Having nothing better to do, I searched for a game I could play, ONE HANDED while I recovered. I somehow stumbled upon this game and read some of the reviews. I decided that it had to be worth a shot... I must admit, I didn't beat the game, or play nearly as long as some of you. In fact, I may have only played this game a day or two.. With that being said, after doing so, I had a new found joy and hope for life. I was able to put behind me the pain and suffering that had been cast over me. I was able to experience other peoples joy and happiness. I was able to see the fruits of my "labor". I relaxed for 5 ♥♥♥♥ing minutes to this music long enough to realize that I was going to be okay.
After coming to that realization, I turned the game off, and I went back to work. It hurt my hand like hell but I was motivated. I stopped feeling so damn sorry for myself, and I became the father I needed to be in that moment, not the weak boy I was behaving as.
Today, I am close friend with my kids mother. We don't fight, or argue, or say hurtful things to each other. We are parents, and friends.
I now have 3 kids. My third child is, wait for it, ALSO 4 YEARS OLD. The woman I am with was going through a very similar situation at the time of my own separation, and we just stumbled in to each others life unexpectedly. We have been in a relationship for a year now, and are very happy together.
Moral of the story, you never know what life holds in store for you, and if I would have given up when all the odds were stacked against me, I wouldn't be where I am today. This silly little game helped me realize that.
Thank you.

2023-12-07 13:14:06

Try to report some bugs to munavar on github. I was played this game when I was a kid and yah It wasnt so bad game. I like the atmosphere and some fun moments in the story and trailers when philip bennefall  tries to shutdown the game when another person wants to play treasure hunt 3.0. This intro makes me loud. I like killing guards using doors or poison needles. This game in my opinion was not bad, and maybe I will return to it.

2023-12-07 16:18:53

@35 only one thing to say to you: Registered: 2006-03-14

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2023-12-07 16:24:34

TBH there is absolutely nothing wrong with reviving what I call "central game topics". The forum is just losing its mind nowadays, so don't worry about it.

2023-12-07 16:38:28

#38, I don't understand the meaning of that comment, can you please clarify?

2023-12-07 16:43:09

I never will understand why people get so pissed off over reviving old topics. There are plenty of things to get legit angry about, and yet you choose that. Do you have nothing better to do than to get angry at people over non-issues?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2023-12-08 18:05:48

Yall really are just looking for reasons to get pissy on this forum aren't you.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2023-12-08 19:24:50

I will say seeing history like this to be brought back is good. this was around when I was just now born, I wouldn't of known this existed if it wasn't revived. Why is it even an issue? It was an actual question and most of them are, so getting pissy over it is stupid.

2023-12-08 21:30:21

wow what is treasure hunt, lol
actually, it's ok to revive the topics again because well,it made me think that there a game called treasure hunt, oh wait, i remembered it now, i even could not play it for 10 minuts because my stupidness, thank you

the torch of hope.

2023-12-09 05:33:19

Honestly, I could care less if people choose to revive such topics. I'm more speaking for the people who run the form, including administrators and moderators that monitor things being posted and such. it just amazes me how some people have the balls to go rummaging in the forms trashcan for topics that have not been talked about in years.

The people who love you the most,   are the people who matter most in your life.

2023-12-09 07:32:38 (edited by whocrazy 2023-12-09 07:44:56)

Is that what you think I do? ferret around looking for old topics to revive simply to get the mods all huffy and annoyed, for the fun of it? you are very judgmental, and I'll say it again, you sound very angry, bitter and twisted, even though you might make out that you aren't.  What if Munawar comes back and decides to release an update, or is that different, oh, and please spare me the malarkey about sticking up for the mods, you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about something that's totally unrelated, and you are using the revival of "so-called dead posts" as a convenient cover story, because you can't find, a way or don't have the wherewithal to let your anger out in another less destructive way, so you look for an easy target to focus your aggression on, and that goes for you also, ogomez92.  Am I right, or am I right?
If you have a problem with my posts, then click the report option and gripe about it to the mods, don't spew your hatred and prejudices on here.

2023-12-09 08:45:46 (edited by ogomez92 2023-12-09 08:47:26)

No. It just annoyed me because I saw treasure hunt 4.47, and I thought there really was an update, but it was just a revival of a very old topic, so it was a bit of a waste of time. Nothing against you, but yes looking at it I've been having some difficult days, sorry for lashing out.

what 38 means is that you registered in 2006 so you are not new.

Also, we all know that Munawar is not going to update this game. He seems to have abandoned audiogame development altogether.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2023-12-09 09:11:16 (edited by whocrazy 2023-12-09 09:13:22)

I said that "Some people on here maybe new to this forum and like to know what kind of games are out there,"
I didn't specifically include myself in that category though. 
btw: Is it any wonder why Munawar stopped game development and took his business elsewhere, too many bitter and angry individuals too ready to criticize, bully and belittle.

2023-12-09 09:55:55

@48 I think you've made your point friend. Everyone except RhythmHeaven_fan apologized, and they probably aren't going to apologize anyway.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2023-12-09 14:40:23

@whocrazy you come across just as combative as your critics, just ... fyi. More so, even. Sorry you woke up on the wrong side of bed this month.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.