2018-05-30 19:23:40

Hi all.
As the subject subtly states, I just purchased GTA V about 5 minutes ago.  Can anybody walk me through a list of things I can and should do to optimize my experience?  What trainers/scripts/whatever  do I need to make my experience smooth and enjoyable?  I was looking at the old GTA thread and people were talking about writing articles about this very thing but never actually doing so.
What is the current state of the game's accessibility?  Should I return it?
Also, I bought it on Steam.  Am I able to apply whatever mods I need? or should I return it and purchase it on a different platform?
Thanks.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2018-05-30 20:45:57

I'd return it unless you're really really willing to work for it. I love it, but I know what I'm doing setting things up.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-30 21:00:13

Having grown up with GTA games, I have a rough idea of what can be done accessibly within most of them.  I don't expect missions to suddenly become possible or anything.  I simply want to know what the best setup would be for enabling auto-aim and other things.  I saw that the pc version of the game has a console that acts like a cheat system, but I remember reading about mods that allow you to accessibly modify more aspects of the game.
Are these mods hard to set up and use?
GTA San Andreas had an awesome gang system, and a convenient cheatcode that allowed you to recruit any civilian to your gang.  I used to love leading little armies of civilians in a little rampage.  Does GTA V have something like that?  I know it does'nt really focus on the gang aspect of things much, so I wouldn't realy expect it to.  Is there a mod that makes something like that possible, though?

2018-05-30 21:20:44

I'm wondering the same question.  the gta topic is also huge, so scrolling through that isn't ideal.  Though naturally I will do it if I must.

2018-05-30 21:38:39

Is it hard? That's subjective, to me its not hard, but I know lots of people struggle with it, so I can't really provide an answer to that. It is a bitch to get things up and running, yes. Did I have to OCR stuff with my phone to get auto aiming on, yes. It's work, a good deal of work to install mods, especially if you don't know how. But its not hahrd, its just like learning where stuff goes, etc.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-30 22:01:33

I can easily get sighted assistance, so I don't even need OCR as much.  What would you suggest be done?  Do you play with a mouse?  I'm assuming you still have to hold down the right mouse button to right click for auto-aim?  At least that's what you had to do in GTA San Andreas.
Could you link us to any resources that might be helpful?
Thanks

2018-05-30 23:17:50

I play with a controller. The triggers are how you drive, but on foot they are how you aim and fire. Aim wit with the left, and if the auto aim is on, you can just flick the stick left and right to switch who you're aiming at. But you can also move it up and down and left and right by small increments to sort of aim on them, like autoaim snaps to the chest, but if you wanted to shoot them in the head, you could sort of hold up on the stick a bit as you fire. If you wanted to stop someone without killing them, you could sim down a bit and left or right a bit and you might hit them in the leg, when you do, they almost always fall over, and when they get back up, they're usually limping.

Mods, well there are a few, the trainer being the one you'd probably want the most, you're gonna need like scripthook by alexander blade, sjaak's native trainer, you put all that in place as it tells you to and you're good. The >NET mods and so forth get a little complicated but not much, they just usually require that you have a scripts foldre.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-01 17:57:28

Well, I received my XBox 1 controller last night and I've pretty much been playing non-stop, except for a 6 hour sleeping break.
I love the game so much.  One of my favorite activities is to sit in an awesome sounding vehicle, press j to have the auto-drive mod drive me around aimlessly and listen to music on the radio.  It's great.
I've also been able to use NVDA's OCR to help with the simple trainer menus so that hasn't been much of an issue.  I just can't get bodyguards that don't sound like Michael, Franklin, and Trevor. 
I want some hot girls to protect me! big_smile

2018-06-01 20:24:12

Hi.
I know, might be a bit late to the party, but I found this in my drop box, i recorded a little beginners demo for the game where I explain some of the mechanics of the game and how you do certain things, here you go with the link if you still need it or if you want to give it a listen

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-06-01 20:59:10

I'm not having too many issues with gameplay itself, though I wouldn't mind giving it a listen.  Only problem is I think you forgot to provide the link.
smile

2018-06-01 21:11:52

Hi.
Ah, fuck my life, here you go xD.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ayqhkkokhisb … o.mp3?dl=0

Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-06-01 22:43:58

That was a fun little demo. Thanks!
I was informed that somebody was working on an accessible trainer that interfaced with NVDA.  Did it ever get anywhere?  I'm assuming not.  I can use Simple Trainer just fine but some of the more advanced menus are a little too much for me at the moment.

2018-06-02 02:50:06

Speeder and I worked with the developer of the Simple Trainer mod. Unfortunately the guy got snippy with us, despite the fact that both of us had other obligations to attend to -- college for me and school for Speeder -- and the guy claimed to be a sysadmin for a large company that managed well over a hundred servers -- so we stopped working with him. I wish that had gone somewhere but clearly the guy wanted results immediately, without delay, and at the time Steam was being a peace of shit and not allowing me to load GTA V, and Speeder had spent that entire week downloading GTA V, so we couldn't provide results to him if we wanted to. Furthermore the guy forbade me from releasing or continuing modifications to the source code which he had transmitted to me so I could help him out with implementing accessibility, and I, not being the owner of the mod, obeyed his terms. The last thing I need is a pissed off mod developer on my hands.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-06-02 02:52:41

That is unfortunate.  sad
I like simple trainer a lot, but many of the default keybindings require a numbpad and I don't have one.  I've thought of trying to switch things but it's kind of scary because the keyboard is already used up by a lot of things.  I also wish I could spawn custom-built peds, or at least not have it randomly select them every time.  Having control over the voices generated makes it easier to keep track of who is my bodyguard and who is a cop/other opponent I have to shoot at.  As a plus, I can have all of my followers sound cute. hahahaha