2018-05-30 16:57:29

Is it possible without using an app like Seeing AI? I don't have a PC, so I can't stream it and have NVDA do OCR. Is there an app for Xbox One that can OCR as you play? Thanks in advance!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-05-30 20:01:54

Seeing AI would get some things but it wouldn't be usable on a constant basis (from personal experience).

Other than Narrator outside of games there's nothing you can do with an app, at the moment at least.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-05-30 22:24:05

Thanks for the quick  response. I'm curious if they could implement real-time ocr into an update. If we could set the ocr to a button on the controller, that could make a lot of gaming on the Xbox easier. However, with this knowledge, I'm probably going to look into a PC. Thanks again!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-05-31 02:52:17

I'm not sure how real time OCR would even work on the Xbox 1. The only button that is globally mapped is the Xbox button. Furthermore, I'm not sure how it would even be helpful since OCR is well-known for its inaccuracies.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github