2018-05-30 02:37:43 (edited by MasterChief 2018-05-30 02:53:36)

Hi,
I am making a swamp campaign and it'll have its own custom map.
I am making the map using the map editor made by CAE_Jones.
The map works and everything, but the sounds are acting wierd.
For example, I created an ally, and even though he is close to me, like, very close, talk about 3 tiles away from me, and when the zombies hit him it seems that he is far away from me because the volume of the zombie hitting sound and his hurting sound are very low.
Even when a zombie hits me, I can hear the sound normally, but not the zombie growling sound what so ever.
I tried making map borders to see if it solves the problem but it didn't.
One more thing, in normal maps, when I create an ally, and he is like 10 tiles west from me, if I press the letter l for following the ally or shift plus l for looping the follow sound, I can hear the sound from the ally's place, but in my map, I can't hear anything.
I can only hear the sound if I am like 1 tile away.
If someone can help, that will be very much appreciated.
Edit:
The problem only happens with my maps, other normal maps like multi1 doesn't have this problem.

2018-05-30 10:52:59

I've only ever noticed this happening in one other case, where I modified the original maps from when Swamp was single-player only, and even then, it only happened when I was in the southwest corner, which had never been exposed in the original. Even then, I hadn't encountered that prior to 3.5.
Maybe try using the SCS commands that modify the size of the map? I don't know if setting it to the same size it already is would make a difference, but that's the first thing I'd try.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-05-30 11:34:46

@CAE_Jones:
Thanks dude that solved it.
I resized the map from the scs command, and surprisingly it worked.
I hope you can this in a future map editor version.
Because trust me, this causes a lot of problems, not just the ally thing.
It doesn't allow ambiance sounds to play properly, and for some strange reason, when you use your axe on a wall while you have this problem, the axe hitting wall wouldn't play, same with any other weapon for that matter.