2018-01-20 19:25:10

Hi,
So I've recently as of yesterday upgraded my laptop.  set it all up fine, worked out a few windows ten changes, so thought I'd install steam.
Install went fine, managed to log in, but the interface looks odd and when I try and select and right click on games to install, it either switches to the desktop, or gives me the change icon size menu. Any help to get it working again?

2018-01-20 21:37:42

Yeah, it changed it to the weird view ,I don't know what its called, but it puts games alongside blurbs for them and stuff of that nature, you need to use review cursor and mouse clicks to pull down the views menu and click on list view. This new view is a default setting, so that's why its like that now.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-21 02:53:04

Thanks Ironcross, I'm familiar with the mouse functions, but do you have any idea where I can find this option?  I can't seem to click on anything in the steam window without it booting me out to the desktop

2018-01-21 05:52:54

Yeah its near the to, kill steam, restart screen reader , launch steam again, then it shouldn't kick you to the desktop, that's just a weird artifact of something, not quite sure what. If you use NVDA, you could try to use the default action thing which is NVDA numpad enter.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-21 19:08:58

Hi,
I think @Ironcross meant to say near the top, hehe.
IN all seriousness yes, it is indeed near the top of the window, and I think it's just called view. You click that and then it brings up a few different options, including, I think, list.

2018-01-21 20:51:13

Also, remember, if you click on 'Library' you can use arrow keys to browse the games. Of course NVDA will not read anythig but pressig enter on it will open the game or if not installed will open the installation window.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-01-21 20:55:26

that's good to know, I'll get back if I can get the list view working again. smile

2018-01-21 22:27:16

right, got it sorted, with help from a friend.
somehow ended up installing in russian, then when I tried reinstalling, all went fine, until I started the program... in japanese!  third time lucky did the trick though.  I have no idea why, I definitely picked english. big_smile

2018-01-22 11:42:11

lol, I guess the analogy third time lucky really did work here. Glad you got it sorted.

2018-01-22 13:39:00

so happy to have it working. 
also the big leap from my last laptop to this one is doing wonders for performance and OCR recognition.  playing yu-gi-oh is far easier now.

2018-02-18 16:03:41

Sorry to hijack this post, but I'm having a problem. I'm clicking on games and instead of going to my normal list like it usually does, it's doing this weird thing where it only shows how many friends are online and the prompt to add a game. Even when I try to go to my library which assures me I have 37 games, it gives me the same problem. Weirdly, it works with jaws. Any ideas what's going on?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-02-18 20:06:15

Strange. I got the language Problem too. Was checking the box for german and it installed in japanese. With the help of a sighted Person, I reinstalled and it worked. Maybe the check boxes are not spoken correctly?

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.