2018-01-02 13:35:31 (edited by kianoosh 2018-01-02 13:37:21)

Hi there. It's been a while that i'm coding a game in my free time and published an audio review on anyaudio. Many people wanted me to publish the game as well but since there were bugs/no points of playing it, I said not at the moment. But now that I fixed some stuff, added features and things, I thought it's too cruel to hold the game remained in my hard drive big_smile
Before I begin my questions, I want to make sure that you already know, coding this game is, and was a hobby of myne and I already know that i didn't put enough time on it to make it have a special perpous. That's why I came here to inform you about what i'm going to do and ask you the following questions:
1. My target is to make this game costomisable. Which means You are going to make your own maps therefore you are able to make your own levels and your special targets! (In other words, You are going to make the hole game's story! . What i want to ask is that you think this game's perpous is any good?
2. Do you think that the following discryption of the game is good for such a perpous(mentioned above) and worthes playing?
This game is named the burnt life(At the moment). In this game you have a set of weapons and you go taking down your enemies. And this is what makes me be able to add special features to the game/or make kill amounts to complete levels(To be able to make it to the next level).
And the last question or a request: Please provide me your opinians, suggestions, crittisisms and what else you like. After getting enough comments I will begin to ride the game towards your opinians and throwing out the bugs.
Thanks for beeing with me so far.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-01-02 13:51:37

Hello there.
A new game is always a verry good thing and the customisable thing will be very good.
And I have an idea if you want or can, you can make some mapps onli with some tasks to complete or explore, not with enemies.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-02 13:54:10

hi kianoosh!
i weri like this game,

2018-01-02 13:57:10

At post 2. In that case that will be sbp but in 3d mode. I don't want to make something which is created before. But i think we never had a game where you could make levels and make the hole story yourself.

---

2018-01-02 14:01:38

Kianoosh, then we can share the levvels and the maps with each other!
I say this would be a great idea, keep it up!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-01-02 14:04:17

hi, what you're trying to do sounds like an excellent idea in principal. Here's the problem, there's so so so many games out there that already do this, run around in a 2d, perhaps 3d environment, and simply kill and kill until you're killed yourself. You should add some stuff to make this stand out from all the scroling battles and ultrapowers and bloodshead release the pains that are out there.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-01-02 14:14:39 (edited by kianoosh 2018-01-02 14:18:30)

At ashley that's the exact thing!
At conner. That's what i also want to do. And one of the most important reasons of posting this thred could be the same thing you said. What do you guys think is good to do. Oh by the way I forgot to say that in this game enemies does not generate rapitidly. Actually the map builder spawns enemies and the player should take them out.
edit/more info:
I also coded your teamates. These walk around(map builder also spawns them and even give them the coordinates to protect) and kill enmies if any of them be/come around them. They are stronger than normal enemies. Player can command them as well thus they can follow you, go to a specefyed coordinates and other stuff that could be added in future.

---

2018-01-02 14:18:04

if you make something like diam  mode for GTA SA it would be good

2018-01-02 14:19:46

discrybe more that thing, I don't know anything about it.

---

2018-01-02 14:21:34

it's a mod, with that you can make missions, like         a mission  with objective setup a  timebomb in a military base,  and  you could add your videos and voices   to the game!

2018-01-02 14:39:28

vidios?

2018-01-02 14:45:40

yeah, because GTA is not an audio game

2018-01-02 15:24:31

That would be cool kianoosh.

best regards

2018-01-02 16:56:34

I don't know, your other game was so buggy as to be nearly unplayable. Have you improved on your coding skills that you feel you can release something that doesn't have crippling bugs? If so then sure, but I can tell you that there are tons of people thinking they're making the next awesome game and its just badly written, buggy, crashing, BGT code. This isn't an attempt to discourage you, just being real, which I feel is important that everyone know their skills and their limitations, and where these fit into what they are doing. There are two ends of the spectrum I've found when it comes to audio games written up by one person. You have the bug end of the scale, which means the game has bugs that are so bad, you just exit the program and delete it off your hard drive because half the things don't work as they should, the game crashes, etc. And then you have the other end of the scale which are very well written BGT games. These are actually rarer, which is a shame, but I would say that if you discount the problems with admins and the like some people have, Sam Tupy has some well written BGT stuff, as does Mason. Also, Liam Erven does as well. You never get crashes when you play his games, and I know the newer stuff he is using BGT for, at least some of it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-02 17:58:54

Yes dude. That lucky bug thing was for about two years a go, It was for the time that i couldn't write english correctly. Some people here know my bgt skill. You think why i didn't release that game so far. Of course that's because this game still has bugs and i'm fixing them and be sure i won't release it until i make it playable so no worries about it. I'm a gamer myself and of course a good bug finder so that's not a stupid game where you enter the game, get trapped on tuns of bugs, and get killed by some random flying bullets. Although bgt itself sometimes crash or it's performence decreases so bad when it comes to lots of objects and classes at onece and i can't do anything about it. Actually the only solution to it is not to let builders spawn more than a defind amount persons. I know bugged games are beeing released so much these days but as i said, I won't release this thing until i make it enjoyable. Also let's not forget that i'm not going to make my game the best one here. As i said coding it was, is, and will be my hobby and cause of the studies and school i can't put like half of my day on it. i'm also working on two other projects with another friend of myne. Those two projects are more exciting and much more better than this one (Although i dout if they both be released. Probably one of them have to see anyways).
Still looking for your suggestions/opinians and thanks all for your comments.

---

2018-01-02 18:57:33

I would say release it and let's see how it is
that is after you found all the bugs, and you are fine with releasing it.

best regards

2018-01-02 19:06:37

BGT crashes when you use dictionaries with a lot of entries I am thinking.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-02 20:00:55

Oh that one is a damn good crasher. I use arrays instead of dictionaries

---

2018-01-02 22:54:28

Hi,
@kianoosh I am looking forward to this, especially the customisation. Who knows, people might end up getting different games to each other if they share different maps,or, someone might post up a pack with every single map in once loads of maps get developed, who knows, there might even be multiple campaigns if people set it up right!

2018-01-03 08:05:18

Exactly. This will be amazing. Now we need the ability to change charactor voice and the like. Dude, this will be awesome!

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-01-03 08:23:41

Of course that's what i'm planning to do Aaron. I want to make users be able to save diffrent packs and play one of them. I'm not sure about changing player's voice but i might do that. I just have to see some stuff

---