2018-01-02 12:54:40

Spoilers for the mine quest are going to be in this post so don't read any further if you want to be surprised!

I'm so frustrated, because I've gotten to the point where I've gotten 3 of the Goblin Chieftain  keys, and keep on going to the bridge to use said keys.  But literally EVERY TIME I even get to the bridge, my character starts to walk in place, and the game crashes!  I've tried restarting the game, restarting my computer, and upgrading to the 1.1 patch to see if any of that would work but none of it did and honestly this was the only quest I figured out how to do so far and really don't want to leave the mines because this dungeon is freaking huge.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a fix, or am I just stuck waiting for some patch to fix this...or should I bite the bullet and move to another quest?

Also, a question about the forest quest:  How do you clear the brambles from the path?  I initially was going to do that one because it seemed easy, but couldn't figure that out.
Spoilers end here!

2018-01-02 16:58:36 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2018-01-02 19:58:34)

You need to send an email to [email protected] with all the detail you can muster about when and where, and if you get any errors during the way, etc. That's how they will be able to pin it down. If you mail them and say my game crashes, they won't be able to do much.

***I've edited the post above to correct the email address***

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-02 18:50:11

I agree with the above post—please email your bug directly to support [at] outofsightgames.com, if you haven't already. I'll also do some trouble-shooting here. You said you have three keys..pro-tip, you will need four in order to cross the bridge. I'd be interested to know if you have this issue after getting the fourth key. Either way, this should not be happening, but it could help me pin down the issue.

I'm also curious—have you been to the North Bridge in Deepwood Forest? Do you experience any sort of lag, slowdown, or similar issues when crossing that bridge? There is some unique sound logic going on when you're on a bridge and I want to ensure that the sound logic on the Great Bridge isn't responsible for your crash.

So sorry you're encountering this problem. I hope we can get it resolved soon.

2018-01-02 20:57:29

I have emailed support with it but I honestly don't know any more details more than my game crashes there.  I ran the updater again and got it to not crash at that point - but now as soon as I cross over to the bridge, my game starts to get super unresponsive and I have to hit keys four to five times just to get them to input - as soon as I leave the bridge area, that problem completely goes away.  I haven't been to any bridge in the forest yet, like I said I've invested my time in the mining quest lol.  Sorry I can't be more help, that's literally all I know about what happens - I haven't gotten any errors when going to the bridge, I just get the "You found a new location it's on your becon list" noise, then a hang with my character walking and a crash.  Like I said I ran the updater again and it doesn't crash there anymore, but the game is basically unplayable after crossing the bridge now. May try running the updater again and see what happens, will keep you posted. 

Joseph - thanks for the pro tip!  I figured that out after getting to the final door, so time to explore more haha.  I'll email this response to support, as well, but figured I'd post it here too since this is where you responded.

2018-01-02 22:13:04

Just a quick suggestion. I never had this problem myself, but Joseph, you said bridges have some different sound logic. Do you think disabling HRTF would resolve it? Assuming it's not already off of course.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-02 22:25:20

update drivers yo

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-02 23:13:05 (edited by CrystalD 2018-01-02 23:14:46)

@Blind Ninja I'll try tinkering around with that!

Idk I don't think it's drivers since the game runs smoothly until that point but I'll try it I guess.

2018-01-03 02:38:07

Don't discount it, update both video card drivers and audio drivers if there are any. I don't know, but I think some of that stuff, the external libs they call on will offload to the GPU even though there are no graphics.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-03 02:50:18

IronCross may be onto something. I'd also be interested to know if switching HRTF off made any difference, though offhand I don't think it would.