2021-06-19 03:15:43

I am absolutely astounded by corruption of champions two. admittedly, slime girl caverns was the first erotic RPG I tried, and it was what it was supposed to be, a really goofy juvenile game, which is what I thought corruption of champions was going to be, but surprisingly, this game seems to have a rather dark fantasy world, and the sexual element not only doesn’t take away from the darker aspects, but adds more darkness to them, and yet, also adds more light or hope to it. And I think that’s what he was going for, so yeah. I’m going to see what tainted trials does with its writing and see if he still has his groove.

2021-06-19 09:40:09 (edited by Dark 2021-06-19 09:41:12)

Yeah, slime girl caverns is a jolly adventure , both CoC titles emphatically aren't!

Indeed, when I played through CoC 1  earlier this year, I was surprised how emotionally invested in the game and its characters I got, with what I saw of CoC 2 very much continuing that trend.

The sexual stuff in both titles is also more extreme, and is implicit to the games' story and world, where as in Slime girl caverns you could mostly have the same story smut free with minimal modification.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-19 17:44:19

Speaking of COC 2, it had a public update released yesterday.

2021-06-20 05:16:54

Hello.
So I wanted to give this game a try, and I opened it in internet explorer just as instructed in post 1. However, even when I do that it asks me to download flash player. Is there something else that I have to do? Any help would be much appreciated

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.

2021-06-20 06:16:01

@Blue eyed demon, Flash is pretty much a no go these days, with all support ended, and even modern versions of NVDA not working with it anymore, (remember that this topic is four years old).

However, A helpful person called Adev has produced a completely flash free port of Corruption of champions 1 which will run fine in modern browsers, check out This forum thread from the fenoxo forums, and use the download link in the first post to download the game.

That version of CoC will play fine in any modern browser of your choice, contains all of the game content from the original (believe me, I've finished it), and is even a little more screen reader friendly too.

If you want to play CoC 1, I strongly recommend giving it a try.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-20 09:57:38

@Dark, why don't you just edit post 1 to direct people towards the mod? That is the only way to really play the game at this point.

2021-06-20 11:53:34 (edited by Dark 2021-06-20 12:02:46)

@Tensoon, there is a link and explanation of the mod on the Corruption of champions database page for precisely this reason.

I didn't edit the first post since I would've expected people to look in the frequently maintained informational database of accessible games on the front of the site, rather than a four year old post in a long rambling topic in the bowels of the forum, ---- and the fact that I even had to metaphorically allude to a forum having bowels should show you what I think of that sort of logic, ---- actually what I think of that sort of logic is indeed probably approximated by what is generally found in bowels! Or at least what comes out of them big_smile.

Of course, this is assuming that people look in the logical place for information, which is obviously not how people work, so just for the sake of avoiding this question coming up again, and me needing to allude to yet more metaphorical bowels, , I will indeed edit the first post of this topic.

Please note long, exasperatedly grumpy sight as I do this big_smile.

2021-06-20 16:26:18

@Dark, I don't want to spark an argument, but I disagree that the database would be the logical place to check for any updated game info.  Things are only posted there when it is strictly brought to your attention.  I am sure the majority of people who played this mod, with you being one of them, was alerted to the existence of the mod by a post I commented on in the general games discussion room about Trials of Tainted Space accessibility. 
You cannot be aware of all the updates and developments going on on each and every game.  If I want up to date info I would rather check the new releases room as that is the first place the community normally posts new info.
By that same logic I would expect someone talking about the game, in the latest post, who also happens to be the original poster, to update their first post in the new releases room with up to date download info.  Just because a topic is old does not mean the info in the first post is also ancient as first posts often get updated to reflect the newest download/update info to save people the effort of reading through hundreds of posts to figure out what is going on.
Admittedly one can say that because you actually have the power to update the database it could be a logical place to check since you are the original poster, but in the same breath one could say that you would update the first post for convenience sake.
Either way, thank you for updating the first post, I am sure future visitors will appreciate it.

2021-06-21 04:20:01

Appreciate the help Dark. I didn't really realize how old the forum thread was. I knew the game had been around for a while, but I guess when I saw this thread popping up at the top of the new releases page any thought of checking its age illuded me. But yeah, I will check it out. Thanks again.

It seems that common sense is a lost art. I am here as a special type of artist to bring that beauty back. If you don't like my work, prove that yours is better. Paint me a beautiful picture of life. Otherwise, I have no interest.

2021-06-21 07:42:22

@~Demon your welcome, enjoy having fun with all the other demons, Lol.

@Tensoon, since I've put a lot of work into the db, I'll admit I do appreciate when people make use of it, since its intended that it should! Have the latest release information, even if obviously myself and the other editors aren't omniscient and like to know when something needs fixing.

In terms of this thread, I never saw the first post as different from any other post on the forum I happen to make chatting about a game, even in new releases, since I'm obviously not the developer of CoC, and the game was already known about a long time back, before I posted about it here.

anyhow, the information is in both places now, so no worries either way.

2021-06-21 19:34:43

So I just had one more question, and maybe I am just dumb and am missing something obvious, but oh well, that honestly would not surprise me.
My question is, how do you actually download it? I went to the page that @Dark linked, and I found the download link. When I click on that link, it brings me to this page where the file is being stored, but then when I click the fast download option, nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Do I have to register for an account with that upload service where the file is being stored? End my stupidity with this please.

2021-06-21 20:30:42

@Dark, the database definitely has its uses, I just meant that if I just read about something in a new releases article I would much rather jump back to post 1 instead of navigating through the database to locate the download link.  The database kind of serves as the place to find information on everything that is not on the first page of new releases room, haha.  That is just the way I go about things though, I doubt everyone feels the same way.
@Demon instead of picking the fast download option just pick free download option, you will get another page asking you if you are sure, just keep saying you want free download instead of fast and the download will eventually start.

2021-06-21 20:44:36

@112, It wasn't letting me pick the free option. Neither one was working for me.

2021-06-21 22:20:29 (edited by Luel 2021-06-21 22:27:06)

I will try to explain how to download.
On the download page, go to the heading CoC (19).zip.
Directly below this heading should be an option "Free Download".
Press Enter on it.
Now find the heading "Before your download starts..." and confirm your option which should be a link.
I hope this helps, if not, blame my poor English skills.

2021-06-22 00:58:32

Oh alright. I got it now. I didn't see that heading before. Thanks for the help.

2021-06-22 05:04:25

In corruption of champions two, I have a full inventory, and for some reason, I can’t find the selling option for items I know I have and items the shopkeeper has as well. Sometimes, I can get the cell button to work, but I have tried buying one of something, and finding myself unable to sell it back.

2021-06-22 14:52:19 (edited by Luel 2021-06-22 14:56:27)

Shops in Corruption Of Champions 2 show their inventory in a table.
The table includes name, number of items selected to buy, and price.
The number selected is 1, but it can be increased and decreased in the table and price is adjusted.
Their are also buttons to filter what kind of items is displayed.
Behind the table is the price a player needs to pay if something is selected.
After that is the player's inventory.
To see what item is selected, press Enter on the item, then the letter S to go directly to its description, which includes all information about the item.
Buttons to buy and sell should appear after something is selected.
To leave the shopping menu use the "Check Out" button.

2021-06-22 22:36:03

OK, so I figured out how to change the buy button to the cell button. You have to press one or more of the unlabeled buttons. I just kept pressing all unlabeled buttons that were not dimmed out until it changed from buy to sell, and it worked. Thanks for the help with shoppe navigation.

2021-06-24 16:04:38

can we get that interface of corruption of champions 2 to be less clustered? idk, the buttons that can't be used don't show up or something like that? i played around for a while but for some reason i feel like corruption of champion 2 even if for certain aspects is a lot better. the exploring factor and that stuf, i can't but feel like the interface with that bagillion buttons that we can't use could be made smaller by simply making said buttons and links appear when they're needed. but then again, this might be just me or i dunno, maybe there's an option for doing just that and i'm too dumb to actually get to it. can you guys tell me if this is the case? thanks

2021-06-24 21:09:28

There is no option to make unavailable buttons disappear.

2021-06-24 21:23:59

hmmm, sad... i'm using nvda to do things, and if i press the keys like, w to go north and all of that stuf it's not going to do it. is there any whay i can fix the issue?

2021-06-24 21:29:19 (edited by Luel 2021-06-24 21:30:04)

I am not sure if I understand what you are asking.
Are you saying you cannot use shortcuts?
I am using NVDA too.
Here is how it works.
If you want to use the game's shortcut, press Insert+F2 first, then the game's shortcut to use it.

2021-07-23 04:04:50

Hey there. So will the coC html port expand to add the stuff from the popular mods?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2021-07-23 09:34:21

Sadly, at the moment its only vanilla CoC, which is a shame, since the mods I looked at like CoC remake weren't accessible even back in the day.

On the other hand, I believe adev has been constructing the architecture of this new version of CoC in such a way that new content can be added, and since she/he's now finished adding in all of the standard vanilla game, it'll be interesting to see where this project goes next.

2021-07-23 10:01:13 (edited by ogomez92 2021-07-23 10:01:36)

Damn, the file in post 1 has expired again apparently. Can someone host CoC 1 and 2 somewhere for us to download? The site says you need a subscription to download because it's been hosted for too long

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.