2017-12-25 23:24:30

Hi everyone,

I have some spare time these days and I decided I would get back to Entombed for a while after years. Since the discussion threads for the game have grown so large since I last checked them, I thought I wouldn'T bother skimming through them and just downloaded the latest installer available from the game's official site. I also applied the update provided right next to it, just in case it actually contained a more recent bug fix version than what's listed on the site.

However, now that I start the game on my Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, 64-bit, Pro edition, bootcamped on a Mac, it always throws the standard generic Windows dialog that the program has stopped responding. Not even configuring it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and as administrator fixed the issue. The installer did download and install its required components successfully, i.e. Directx and .net Framework, 3.5 I believe it was.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I could do to make it work on this system?
And by the way, are there any more recent betas or anything that's just not been officially mentioned anywhere? I seem to remember the latest 1.02I version did have fewer bugs than some older versions, but the ones that were left were actually more unpleasant gameplaywise than those older ones.

Also, because I really don't feell like digging through these threads or the game's mailing list, could anyone please tell me what's the last known status of Entombed 2, if any?

Thanks a lot,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2017-12-27 22:45:35

Entombed II is not in development anymore as of now, but he will get to it when he has time.
Contact me off list at [email protected]
I'll help you get the game running.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis