2017-10-26 04:18:06

Why is this game downloading at Dialup speed? This is taking forever.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-10-26 05:55:56

Well, it's always like that with japanese games and this is why I am using download manager to get it faster.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-26 13:51:37

I've now beaten the game on every difficulty, and have some general thoughts. Overall it's a great game, but there are some things I think could be improved. If you don't want things spoiled, stop here.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
There are exactly 7 stages. If you beat the game the scoreboard reflects stage 8 for some reason. There are five difficulties in the game, unless I'm missing something. I don't see any way to unlock the "original" difficulty level that is present on the scoreboards.
You get no rewards from beating insane other than gems. I wish there was some sort of cool unlockable. Speaking of unlockables, here are some things I wish were there, and some I think would be cool to have.
Wishes:
A music player
a way to export the videos
Some nice reward for beating insane
A way to skip the endings after the first playthrough. Right now it's necessary to listen to it the first time through each difficulty.
Things I think would be cool:
A boss rush mode where you fight all bosses back to back
More bonus stages, such as destroy as many enemies as possible in a certain amount of time, navigate through some obstacles as far as possible, survive missiles for as long as possible, etc.
Custom machine builder, choose weapon, charge shots and engine and be able to use it in game. There could be tradeoffs such as having a more powerful engine reduces attack power or makes charging take longer, etc.
Lastly, while the translation makes things playable, there are still a lot of rough areas. I will probably try to clean it up a bit, but I'd love to see this get nice and polished at some point.

2017-10-26 15:32:14

Quasar, i like these ideas a lot!
Interesting why the scoreboard is showing 8 stages and why there's difficulty called Original. I hope Morokuma is working on something or just We don't know everything about the game.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-10-26 15:40:25

For the record, every regular stage that is not a boss stage is a matter of destroy as many enemies as possible in the one minute time frame... lol.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-26 16:37:36

Hello. The game of audiostrike is interesting but in one respect hopeless. I bought the equipment for the ship but he is only for a moment. How am I supposed to improve a ship to survive a fight when items are purchased only for a moment? Are you going to improve it? Best regards Rafał. Sorry i writting on forum i am new.

2017-10-26 16:50:16 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2017-10-27 10:51:24)

Just want to flag something up and ask a question:
Upgrading from version 1.02 to 1.03, I was advised to copy Save.dat, options.dat and options.bkp to get all my save etc carried over.  However, looking in the data folder in program files(x86)/audiostrike I had no options or save files in that folder, though the game tracked my progress without issue.

Anyone got any idea where these files have run off to?  Tried appdata and documents but no luck.

Edit:
Thanks to Post 112, I've discovered that the saves are located in the following folder, under AudioStrike:
c:\users\<username>\Appdata\local\Virtual Store\Program Files\
Very clever and I wouldn't have found this without being told where it was.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-26 17:33:56

About upgrading the game, myself I just downloaded  zip and replaced all the game files and I kept my progress no problem.
A clean up of the translation would be appreciated, I'd particularly like to know a little more about the different ships and how their charged shots work.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-26 22:51:23

Can someone please tell me how to get past stage 7? Nothing I do is consistent and I just get backed into a corner and can't do anything.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-10-26 23:07:19 (edited by musicalman 2017-10-26 23:08:00)

stewie, you beat me to it. Lol
I think there's a strategy but don't know what it is.
A few questions of my own. On the stage1-2 boss, if I stay directly in front of him, his missiles never hit me, but it gets ridiculously loud as all the missiles fire around me. Is this normal, and is it the strategy to beating him? On stage 3-4, the same thing seems to be the case, though I've had less success with that one because it s simply chaos. If you don't have a charge shot on hand, what is the best way to defeat those bosses? So far I've resorted to spamming them with bullets and trying to stay out of the way.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-10-27 00:09:55

stage 3. I want to actually grind for gems but how can I do this with out starting oer.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-10-27 05:10:00 (edited by nyanchan 2017-10-27 05:10:48)

@103
He certainly includes the original mode in the game, but haven't made it available. He said he would unlock it soon when I was talking with him last night.
Although it isn't very likely that he will post on this topic, he is reading this thread everyday after his work, so suggestions will be very welcome.
@107
I've forgotten the exact location, but Windows actually stores your save data into a completely different folder and virtualizes as if the file is on Program files x86. Please google "Windows virtual store location" or any similar words, find the location and rescue your save. Also, for that reason, I recommend running the game on the normal folder like your documents or any other folder that you created for your own.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-10-27 09:18:52 (edited by ogomez92 2017-10-27 09:19:12)

Hi
Link for 1.0.3 is broken.
Is there a new version?
Thanks.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2017-10-27 10:59:02

@112
Thanks very much for that, I found it pretty much straight away after a search.  Very useful to know where that is and I've edited it into my original post for future reference.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-27 11:47:40 (edited by mojsior 2017-10-27 12:01:30)

hi every one here is a link for version 1.4.
http://hirotaka2014.sakura.ne.jp/mh0406 … ike104.exe
The important change is that game will check for new version at startup.
It is great think

2017-10-27 14:18:24

Oh my word yes, auto updator ftw, can you disable it if you want to keep stuff local though?

2017-10-27 16:34:35

does someone notice if you use controler the game will be alot moooore faster? lol

2017-10-27 19:57:12

Hello,
Nice game! This shmup is realy hard and addictive ! I realy love it.
For game save, i've copied save.dat and save.bkp in data folder and it's ok for me. When i delete those files no data, and when i past again, all my stuff come back. I don't realy understand people who has a problem with that.
For gamepad, my nvidia shield controller doesn't work in the game and prevents me from using the keyboard when connected! I don't have problem with other games.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2017-10-28 01:34:15

Curious, anyone managed to beat the game yet? I'm on stage 7 and still trying. If anyone has a good way to get gems, also feel free to speak up.

2017-10-28 04:40:17

So, I finally found a bit of time and beaten the game on easy.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

The last boss is not that easy but I found the strategy and beaten this thingy without any supplements. Warning, it consist of three phases so be ready to face against a lot of HP to deal with. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-10-28 04:42:31

Oh, sorry for double posting but...
Morokuma, if you are reading this consider adding support for DXImput based controllers. I can help you with testing as I have X360 and DS4 (a ps4 ) controllers.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-10-28 04:44:31

Bugs related:
Probably it's been reported but maybe not so. If you are choosing your language there are two options:
The one with japanese symbols and the other one called "Japanese" and this second one is when you want to have the game in english. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-10-28 04:50:45

As for grinding gems, just play as much as you can. Playing on harder difficulties will give you more gems for less play. As for stage seven, I'd definitely recommend buying some supplements such as the spare body, protector and the buster. Next, set the game speed to one of the slower speeds if it is your first time through the level. Lastly, I recommend disabling the sound that plays when an enemy is near you as that will play almost constantly throughout the level. When playing, just use minimal movement to get out of the way when necessary. It's totally fine to hide near the corner, pick off anything that comes close, and just do minimal dodging when something comes at you. The key here is finding the gaps between the swarms. It is certainly doable, though it takes a bit of skill.

2017-10-28 05:51:33

Totally agree with Quasar but I did it without any supplements and still had two lives left at the end. The key to survive is just like he said.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-10-28 06:02:03

Oh cool, thanks for the tips Quasar, will give that a try for sure.