2017-09-22 15:53:43

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create this post to try and get more of the blind community to give it a try.

Even though its a browser game its actually the most screen reader friendly browser game I have ever played,   but that's not the main reason I want people to try it.

If you like fighting games coupled with management strategy this is the game for you.   It has a steep learning curve and the fact you get thrown in straight at the deep end is another reason I wanted more players to join, so that newbies are matched up against newbies.

You can create boxers from straw weight right up to heavy weight and theres a multitude of styles you can personalise your fighter to fight exactly how you think a fighter should box.

if anyone has any questions relating setting up your gym I will try my best to help,   the link to game is below.

http://webl.vivi.com/

2017-09-22 15:57:29

this really makes me wish the wrestling game wasn't inaccessible.  it used to work so well. sad

2017-09-22 16:58:53

Hi,
Have you considered a private region for the audiogames/blind community to help us get used to the fighting mechanics?

2017-09-22 22:41:20

hi aaron,

I will look into a private region but to be honest most of us would be matched up with each other anyway.

2017-09-23 01:42:54

aah ok, that makes sense. I also think aprivate region will lack some featuress uch as title fights. I am still not sure what to think of this game at the moment, but it does sound interesting. I don't really know what to call my jim or fighters, I was never the best roleplayer.

2017-09-24 22:55:06

The fact that you are giving it a try is more than I could have wished for.

I just would have liked a bit more enthusiasm from the community.

Sports strategy must be an acquired taste for sure, but I love it, heh

2017-09-24 23:28:22

I haven't tried the game yet, because I don't know what to call anything. Usually my olline name is one I keep on using, but I don't know if I can do this. It's usually jukesy1992, and the trouble is, that does not sound like a jim name!

2017-09-25 14:04:41

I looked over the guide,  the statistical side of it looked a little heavy for someone like myself who's acquaintance with boxing pretty much stopped with Balrog in Streetfighter 2 big_smile.

Still, I would recommend you contact Tom Lorimer of the whitestick.co.uk site and see if you can get the game listed on his games to play online page.
also if Aaron is starting the game perhaps he can create a db page, especially if the game is as accessible as you say it is.
It's actually a general problem, most sports management games are so specific to the sport that they are hard for someone like me who doesn't know or care about sport to get into.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-30 23:37:49 (edited by MikeFont 2017-10-01 10:18:03)

hi, I just read all available help pages, and I'm really liking what I'm reading. I've registered, created my gym, and in creating a fighter I ran into a problem I'm a bit confused on.
I've set all my fighter's stats, KO, height weight and so on, but when I click create this fighter button I'm told, you need to give your fighter 70 total ability points. Seems as if my fighter has 91 points. So, hmm, how do I insure he doesn't go over 70 points?
I think it'd be helpful if it set a limit on how high you can set each stat. As it is now there's an open edit field where I could type in any number for strength speed and so on.
From what I remember it said the average new fighter has anywhere from 10 to 12 points per stat. Am I remembering that correctly? or is that an out of date help file? It seems there are some broken links in the help section, so I have to wonder how up to date these tips are.

Thanks for bringing this site to my attention. It seems as if I have some fun play time ahead for me. Once I get my first fighters created that is.
smile
Update, got my fighters created, and set up a fight plan for my next bout. Thanks again for the pointer.
big_smile