2017-09-17 21:09:51

Today while I was waiting for something to install I saw this game on the database and tried it in my browser.  I actually like it.  I had a lot of admin to do, so I finished it twice, but there did not seem to be anything new the second time I played it.

I was just curious if anyone knows of any games that are like this? I just wish there were more buildings and different units or something.  The game felt so short and there was no reward for getting through it.

Most games like this rely too heavily on PVP and they are not friendly to folks that did not play them from the beginning of the game's lifespan.  I love these sci-fi empire building games though, I would love to play more games like Nano Empire.

2017-09-18 07:39:16

Sadly, I don't think so.  Crafting kingdom is worth checking out if you like the micromanaging aspect of Nano, but I'd say that for the most part, any game that exists in this genre is pretty dry at present.  Don't take that as the final authoritative word on this matter though; hopefully someone else will come along and prove me wrong.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-09-18 13:01:12

Thanks for the reply.  I have never tried crafting kingdom.  It is listed as an Android and iOS game.  I have an Android phone but I would rather play these games on my PC since I really only play them when I am actually doing something else.  I may still check it out though.

2017-09-18 14:09:30

Sadly the vast majority of tick based scifi empire games are all about the pvp, and basically come down to who can number crunch faster, ditto with the fantasy ones too.
it's a shame.

the best sf game which has no pvp I know is core exiles, but that certainly isn't a casual game the way nanno empire is, these days the likes of crafting kingdom are about the best you'll find single player until Aprone sorts out castaways ii.

With nano empire though there are several different endings to earn.
You can get one by defeating all competitors, and  two others by going through the portal the underground and doing all the tasks there, then choosing different options.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-18 17:35:03

I don't mind if it is not casual, I just don't want to have to worry about it 24/7 and I don't want to get crushed by other players because they simply have more free time than me, or even worse, because they are more willing to spend money than me.  Most of those PVP games are also pay to win which is one of the things I hate the most in the video gaming world. 

I saw two different endings for Nano Empire, but the endings are not worth playing through the game again.  That game was also a bit too easy to figure out.  During my second playthrough I only lost one fight the whole game and had battle and energy figures over 80 million with less than 40% development.  You only need like four buildings to win.

2017-09-18 21:30:52

Yep, nano empire is rather easy to get through, but I enjoyed all the buildings and little tasks you get.
If your looking  for a none casual, no pvp space based  game I can highly recommend core exiles, it's more ship trading and factories and such than empire building, albeit you get to get lots of things.
there are paid items, but none are %100 necessary for the game, and you can get a lot of them in competitions and giveaways anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-09-19 17:57:11

I  would love if clash of clans was accessible or something similar i like crafting kingdom but i wana also battle too with a fantasy element involved. On a side note has anyone managed to usse roll 20? it' supposed to be a tabletop manager but I'm hearing it's inaccessible due to maps and stuff that the dm puts up?

2017-09-25 12:42:28

play invisible dragons for iphone. no combat, only building.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2017-09-25 18:22:50

I want combat and  building.

2017-09-25 19:06:32

play celtic tribes, or lords and knights. or whatever.

f.a.t.h.e.r