2017-07-28 20:29:58 (edited by blindncool 2017-07-28 20:30:51)

Hello folks.
While I was browsing my email, I came across an email from the Audyssey (now the Blind Gamers) mailing list. That's where I found these cheats for Shades Of Doom.
These cheats should work in version 2.0, but I've only tested them in version 1.2.

• All weapons: yxyzaw

• Endless ammunition: yxyzea

• Top armor class: yxyzfa

• Total invincibility: yxyzti

• Endless battery power: yxyzeb

• Unlock all locks: yxyzol

• Fast walking: yxyzfw

• Walk through walls: yxyzwtw

• Blast through walls: yxyzbw

Happy cheating! big_smile

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-29 04:16:02

In Shades of Doom version 2.0 the Cheat Codes are included.

Cheat codes are passwords that you can enter into a game that gives you powers beyond the design of the game, thus the name.

It is sometimes fun to use cheat codes, but for the most part, we feel that you will have more satisfaction playing without them.  If you plan to use cheat codes, we suggest that you only use one at a time. This will leave at least some challenges in the game.

The available cheat codes are:
- Top armour class yxyzfa,
- Total invincibility yxyzti,
- Endless ammunition yxyzea,
- All weapons yxyzaw,
- Endless battery power yxyzeb,
- Unlock all locks yxyzol,
- Fast walking yxyzfw,
- Walk through walls yxyzwtw, and
- Blast through walls yxyzbw.

2017-07-30 12:47:34

Phil: What's the point of posting the cheats twice? smile
In version 1.0 of the game, there was a cheat which activated all the cheats in the game. I don't remember the cheat code anymore, but it was fun, after having completed the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-30 16:14:12

SLJ
I didn't check if the 1.2 cheats were the same as the 2.0 cheats.
I just copied the section on cheats from the manual.

2017-07-30 17:03:39

The cheat in v1.0 to activate all the cheats was absea.
It also worked in v1.0 of Tank Commander as well.
BTW Phil, whatever happened to Carl Mikla?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-31 07:55:53

Thanks for reminding me about this cheat. Maybe this cheat has changed in the new version.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-07-31 13:14:19 (edited by Phil 2017-07-31 13:25:50)

Blindncool,
Carl Mickla worked for IBM for about thirteen years in New York, so he dropped game development.
He moved back to New Jersey and is now working in a Randolph-Sheppard Act vendor stand.

2017-07-31 17:50:21

Wow, how interesting. I wonder if he knows about the talking DOSBox emulator.