2017-07-05 19:09:04

Hi all,
I am putting this in general game discussion for now because there isn't enough accessibility for this game to be added as a new release yet. However, I'd like to let people know that the team might be worth contacting. You see, the game actually has an awesome, accessible account and character creation system, and seems to be turn-based and laid out in headings and such. However, once the first character was created, I didn't know how to proceed. It was saying before you begin and was asking me to pick a location, which didn't seem to do anything no matter what I pressed enter with.
I'm wondering if it might be worth some more people contacting the developers on here, or seeing if I can get some of them to sign up. I'd like someone on here to contact who has some experience with making more web-based games accessible. I've said about labeling buttons and graphics, but I don't know whether to mention aria, java or some such.
If anyone wants to check it out, there's a website.
playconclave.com, although note that you won't be able to do pretty much anything after character creation for now, but maybe more people experiencing the interface might give more people dieas on what they can contact the devs about.
The developer email address is below replace at with an at sign:
team at 10x10room.com

2017-07-05 19:26:24

I've known about this game for years and have contacted the developers about accessibility a long time ago. I seem to remember them saying they'd look into it, but nothing ever happened.

Anyway, the combat system is completely inaccessible. If someone else wants to try to get their attention, by all means feel free.

2017-07-05 19:50:46

Again I seem to remember talking to the devs myself a while ago about this. Supernova actually could! click on the various hotspots on the pages, however there was no idea to know what you were clicking and as David said the combat was pretty problematic.

The devs were positive as I recall, but nothing major happened about the game, indeed I sort of get the impression the devs do this on a very part time basis.

As to what to request, well in this case I'd imagine it's just a case of having some more text to actually read and click on which is called for,  not a complex fix I would think, perhaps the developers just need a few extra pokes to show people are interested and remind them to bump accessibility up the todo list a little.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)