2017-05-01 11:46:48

Hi all.
This is a general message.
Today I spoke with sonnar about various things.
Firstly, spam asside it appears that no one is using our forum, and it may get removed I don't have any issue with the traffic we generate on having things on here and I told them so.
The muut one is completely inaccessible and due to game development its on the back burner.
The forum I mean not muut.
Now I don't use a modern smart phone I may invest in an ipod or something with large storage, something that can play games etc.
However I do want to know how many of you play our games on smart phones and if you would still like a pc version even if the scores and online achievements will not be present due to having to use google play or other things, the old pc score system had issues.
Demand is low enough that pc platform is not viable, I ofcause really want it for pc as its what I use and I will get that for my own tests, however, I have always wanted a full game play experience, ie android, ios, macos, linux, windows.
I don't mind desktop, I like the idea.
But with universal apps, how many of you would be interested in a win10 app for the win10 platform, the windows phone, or your x box.
Maybe playstation or other platform.
This is not to get it all released on those platforms by any means but to get this stuff released, we need numbers.
A lot are on the smart phone market and other platforms are low.
I want to know what the stats are as I have never actually asked for a numbers report and all the top brass see is the smartphone use.
If we do go pc how should we distribute, we obviously don't want people to put the game on dropbox and download it, and not buy the online version.
Which reminds me, audiogamehub is now payed for software.
You can still freely freeload the game but you will get adds.
As a further insentive we can't control any of the adds so the close button may be in the top right or bottom left corner, heck it could be in any corner or anywhere on the screen for all we know, you will have to play find the button.
We think its fair for players that want the free experience.
With news in the main menus and online score posting and achievements google for google devices and game centre for ios devices we feel its a good thing all round.
Pc versions if we put them out will be with no online scores at all but you can play.
My thought would be the pc version could be for those that want to play on pc or want to play offline.
How would you register and secure it, how to distribute it.
I have suggested a website download, but we still need a way to protect it.
Paying could probably be done via paypal.
I guess the other way would be by guidedoggames.com or something I actually forgot the guidedog site, I do wander if thats the way to do it.
steam is no good, and reg keys can get hacked.
right now we need the marketing stats.
Before I shove off, I would like discussion on this if possible talk as long as you wish.
Due to a local power upgrade in my local ariea, I will be offline for most of tomorrow I will try to check in in the morning but I may not.
I will put an email watch on this, please talk among yourselves.
Guidedog does not support paypal, but that could be an option for us to use as you would have to be online to play the pc versions.
I'd prefur paypal for the games, but I am not sure how they would be distributed as such.
I am in favor of a website download.
The bottom line is we don't want people to not buy the smartphone games which are our core.
Can't get the poles to work to how I want them .
So basically in addition to a smart phone what other oses would you like pc, etc and how would you like the thing distributed payment, etc, and protection, etc.
Would you be happy with something like guidedog which does not support paypal but has an online account system or would you prefur steam which is hard to use or well just buy the package, etc.

2017-05-01 13:05:28

Hi.
I play on my smartphone and audiogamehub for me is free without ads.
I want pc versions for all.
I have the audiogamehub and it is good.
I can not play all on the touch screen and please make all your games for all versions of windows because I have windows 7.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-01 13:27:35

For me it's Ios and windows 10 pc (I still really need to play audiogame hub as I haven't yet).

If the Ios version had game center support with achievements and such and the pc version didn't that would be a reason for me to play on Ios, but in terms of which platform I'd prefer if all other things were equal I don't know.

it is true I like Ios touch screen and gyroscope control methods, however for something really complex with a lot  controls and actions I'd probably prefer pc, I couldn't imagine playing something like manamon on Ios for example.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-05-01 13:33:09

I defenately want an pc Version of all the games as well. I supported the project primarily to play it on the PC.

2017-05-01 13:37:29

Hmm. That's a lot of questions, and it's difficult to answer them all. I'm not sure if the point is to ask all those questions. Lol.
It would be fantastic to have an accessible game for the Playstation or the XBox.
Remember: All games can be hacked or cracked.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-01 15:00:28

I'd love to be able to play on the xbox! I have windows 7, windows 8.1, iOS, android and xbox one, so to be able to play on as many of those platforms as possible would be great!

2017-05-01 20:33:59

Thanks everyone.
So there are at least 5 of you not including me.
I am also a win7 user, sorry about the rambly questions, even if its a tentitive answer thats enough for me.
My point was to see if all the smart phone and non smartphone market is set on well just using a single smartphone platform and this has been proven not to be that way.
However there really needs to be more than 5 of you, that want this, for myself I will probably if I request get a pc version for in house company testing, but its not distributable.
One thing that I am thinking of and which I submitted to sonnar last night was the use of guidedog games.
I know that for some of you thats going to be a bummer, but it ticks the distribution boxes entirely for me.
I am not sure if scores can be submitted or not, I may enquire later today when the power is on again.
It still is but will be going off within the next 2 and a half hours or so.
As you can imagine that gives me little time to really put much work in bar the minimal things needed so I don't have a backlog of the crappy status check of blogs and the like.
I would urge others to discuss heck if you want to email me offlist though put it here, if we can get a number say something between 10-20 as first goal then maybe up to 100 people saying they want pc I may submit it, aparently thousands aparently are playing on the smartphone though I have no way how to quantify the actual figgure and sonnar are not saying exactly how much.
On the subject to the user playing for free with no adds, you probably have version 1.0 or something v2 and up is fully add supported.
At least I am pritty sure it is the latest updates are supported of that I know of.
In terms of playing with guidedog the only issue I have is entering my card info to buy a game, however, once brought the client will remember your credentials so unless you have to enter things again on say an system reinstall there is no issue running guidedog on pc.
True there are a couple restrictions but for a startup well it could be worth it.
It also helps to know dentin makes this thing and his stuff has reputation of quality as a distributer and member of a small startup company even with a couple restrictions of termination and extra fees it does sound quite attractive.
Especially if it means  that installers can freely be shared by whatever without the issue of people getting the game for free without user incripted keys that the user does not see tied to their username etc.
I have played games both intercepter and yellobonnit by vga and both are responsive enough.
The only thing to note is you can not turn off your speech reader inside the games but you just do that after you launch the client you can always alt tab back to the client to close speech and you can hide the client away I know that much.
Anyway better continue moving on.
This at least does show that like me there are others both on the smartphone and those that are only on pc wanting the pc version.
Are there any more of you that backed the project and wouldn't have otherwise if they would have not got a pc game even if they had a smartphone or several smart devices?
That is important it may be enough to sway sonnar, I have some weight but only so much if there is little gain to pc then its not going to happen.

2017-05-02 00:14:44

I'd definitely prefer a PC version over IOS. I don't really play any games on my phone, I should get into it more. I'm a PC guy though when it comes to games. Even a windows 10 app would be awesome

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-05-02 02:27:19

Hello All,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are abandoning the PC from Audio Game Hub version 2.0. Here are the reasons:
- only 2,5 % of downloads were on PC Windows (rest is Android and IOS)
- games will now support Game Center and Google Play - PC Windows is not compatible
- new highscore and leaderboards for every game
- achievements for every game
- some of the games are designed specifically for touch screen and might not be as fun on PC
- the more platforms we support the more development time, testing and higher cost of production
- and finally - we don't have a easy way to distribute the PC version (paid)

If there will be a high demand and easy way to sell the game on-line we will consider it later, for now we want to complete as many games as possible.

Jarek

2017-05-02 08:45:03

Hi.
I certainly can appreciate your reasons jarek.
I am a pc guy but later on I may invest in a pod or something that can play the games, ofcause I do know that I can always get internally the pc version so I can doodle with that, but its another thing to invest in for the future.
I havn't as yet gone the smart root but what I may do is buy a pod or other tablet for gaming with I can always get the phone later.

2017-05-02 12:09:31

hi to sona, is v 2 ofthe hub available? also, as a backer i did e-mail you requesting unlock codes for cricket, and assume your other games work the same, so that bacms do not play for the add removals etc? i prefer playing on a mobile device myself and iphone, is my primary device. plus, you can use the jyro and other accelerometers for your titles to enhance the gameplay. lastly, is there a trailer or something for whispering tunnels, inr more info on the length of this title etc.

2017-05-02 14:52:26

It seems like PC gaming is going down hill. It's a shame really. I definitely enjoy games more on the computer then on the phone, but that's just me.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-05-02 23:54:12

Well.
I am trying to get either the non origional sonnar games as pc games, so blocks and laberinth maybe memmory will probably not be on the table but the rest will.
What is probably going to happen since jarek seemed more inclined to at least concidder it is since v1x was on pc, the build should be free and survive reguardless.
It does mean  that everything is probably not going to be on pc after that.
I can see the reason why though we are a small startup company, we have made cash on the kickstart, but business wize we really do need to keep generating cash to make more programs.
The core market right now is smart ios or droid devices.
We havn't moved away from other devices as such but we are only starting out.
Maybe some time down the road it will make it favorable for us to branch out.
But even though I am dissapointed and a pc user myself, I do realise sonnar's position look in the shops pc games are yesteryear, the fact we have stayed on pc for so long probably has to do with the fact most blind people use more pcs than tablets but that obviously is changing for enough to concidder a core business for those devices.
For myself even if I got a smart something I'd like pc for offline play, no online scores or anything.
For those of us working within sonnar for testing a pc version is available for internal testing called a mobile portable where its all keyboard controled.
But its for testing not distribution.
Well technically I could distribute it but then I'd be put into a cannon and up to the moon I'd go and then that would be the end of me.
I do if I am able to put out maybe when the next games come out to put a recording up of testruns on the inhouse version but only if I am allowd ie when that version comes up on app stores.
I think that is fair but even if not well you will have to read my criptic posts.
Its good to be moving at least as testing has been a bit low right now.
But its good to be in a new company working on something great.

2017-05-03 00:37:35

I wish at least the cricket game would come out for the PC. I guess we'll see what happens.

2017-05-03 04:12:04

Hello again,

Audio Game Hub 2 is on it's way. 3 new games are complete - now we put them all together and are making sure the whole app works  fine - in total 11 games.
For Kickstarter backers - you will receive unlock codes to all games - no ads.
For all other players - you will have a choice to buy the games or play for free, but watch ads.

Best
Jarek