2008-05-03 08:38:35

Hi,
It looks like the people over at the agrip project have made ldl (level description language) which is a map making program for audio quake. i was really excited about it because I've wanted to make maps for a while. Only thing: it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here, but i can't seem to figure out what, the step I'm at is when i have set it up, and need to go into the command prompt to test tut08. from what i've done, i have typed the following there.
cd "c:\program files\audioQuake\ldl\" mkmap tut08
that already doesn't work since it says it can't find the path. and yes, there is an ldl folder inside my audioQuake folder, and there is also another folder called ldl inside that, but i think it's supposed to be that way since in the first ldl folder is also some things. any help would be appreciated and if you don't have it yet, could you please download and try it and see if you get the same problem as me? I've tried copy pasting but that doesn't work in the command prompt.
Thanks,
Arjan.

2008-05-03 11:36:56 (edited by arjan 2008-05-03 11:37:18)

oh, nevermind. i put the path and the mkmap on one line, then it doesn't work. still, what are your thoughts about it?

2008-05-03 19:32:50

Ok, I've now unsuccessfully tried to make a map. The command prompt gives me a list of entities when i compile my map, probably because i put in a wrong entity, but since that list is so annoyingly huge, and there are tutorials for it, i can't seem to read on which line and where, since i already gone through my whole map file and finding no mistakes.

2008-05-04 06:33:44

honestly I know this doesn't help at all, but I hope you make one that is great for like long range shots, like with water

Connor

2008-05-04 07:00:40

I'm not sure how to make water, but i could make one that's big and open, if i understand what I'm doing wrong however the command prompt is giving me a list of entities that is so large that i can't see the error message. doh!

2008-05-04 21:52:11

ok guys, i got it to work and i have now made my first map, which is called the big bad battlefield (not final yet, so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them here). the map contains all the weapons, a good amount of nails, limited amounts of rockets and some cells. the three artifacts (quad damage, pentagram of protection and ring of shadows) are also present. there are six rooms, two bigger ones and the others are somewhat smaller. you can spawn in all six of the rooms. room 1 connects to rooms 2, 3 and 4, and in room 4 you'll find the doors to rooms 5 and 6. It seems water, slime and lava isn't implemented yet, nor triggers. I've added a fireball or two which is supposed to hurt the player but it doesn't seem to do much as far as i see, I've also looked for ways for sapi to inform you which room you are in when you enter it but I haven't found a solution to this either. But if anyone wants to play it, I'm planning from tomorrow on to start a server and have my client on so that i am immediately notified when people connect, just look on the agrip stats and servers website to see if my server is present. if so, feel free to connect.
And cj, could you please contact me about your audio quake issue? i got mine solved after some testing trial and error, so i might be able to help you.
I have to go now it's a shame i can't fill in the survey any more since it sounds to me as if you can do it until or on the 4th of may, but i'll only be back tomorrow.
Bye for now,

2008-05-06 07:29:17

well, the custom made maps give others an error message if they do not have the maps installed, for some reason. i do not know if this has been reported to the agrip-discuss mailing list.