2016-11-25 21:20:04

Hi all i am working on a new text game using the dark grue game book creator called the ghosts off mount arcadia here is the intro from the game, ps please excuse my spelling it will be fixed in the final product.

the goest of mount arkadia by hannes fouche

Mount Arkadia has stood where it has since it is roomered the dawn of time.

They say that it is honted by meney a goest of merderers,theaves, wiches and the like.

you are playing as Jack sonders, one of several drunken teens who felt adventurous and brave on that acursed niteofhelloween.

You and a cupple of frends daer to venture up that old honted mountain, not knowing what lay befor you, just wating out there in the dark... Please tell me what you think?

regards Hannes Fouche

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2016-11-25 22:59:11

Hi hannes, welcome to the forum.

Another gamebook is always good fun, however you might consider expanding things a bitt. Right now your introduction reads more like a general description of the game, than an actual introduction to what you will be playing.

Something with a little more by way of atmosphere, an idea of what the ghosts are, perhaps some mysteriously dead boddies or various legends. Maybe a bit of your character as well, how he wound up taking a dare to climb a haunted mountain, was he brash? was he trying to impress someone? was he in trouble and forced? was he trying to find out more about the ghosts?

if you go to www.ffproject.com, you will find a lot of gamebooks, several such as bloodsworth bayu or the curse of drumer set in haunted type of environments.
Have a look at the sort of thing they do with their intros and you might well get an idea of the ways to expand things to make something atmospheric.

good luck with the book, I hope it works out well.a

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-26 08:13:04

okay thanks i will have mor soon.

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2016-11-26 13:29:44

Let's start with your character  Jack sonders

Well jack is your run off the mil teenager who has never seen a leek off super natural activity but that all changed when his friends  dare him to go up the mountain with them
it is very dark and it isn't long before you notice the first paranormal activity you feel fingers brushing across your hare you look up to sea the skeletal figure off a woman hanging from an ancient oak tree who's bones tern out to contain a demonic spirit.

there are many more things that i have planned for this game from run ins with some nasty witches too sacrificial caves with shape shifting monsters and slime serpents.

Note people who are easily  scared should abstain  from playing this game, however this game also has a lot off humor in some places, i could record a short demo if you want too see the game in action just let me know

regards
Hannes Fouche

2016-11-26 17:00:49

hello hannes i can not wait to see the final product, please complete the product. i like the fact that there is  anotherr person that wil make another horror game.
please complete the game as fast as you can.
good luck.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.