2017-06-25 16:17:18

I'm afraid Carver we must say no to this request.

it sounds as if you made an error when you filled out your registration form first time around, and this is exactly why we allow a member to get a name changed, name changing isn't intended as some sort of special privilige, after all the idea with this community as with any other is that people get to know you and you get to know them, which requires keeping the same name. The faculty to change names is there in case you have a good reason to effect a change, but should not be done lightly.

of course if there is an amazingly good reason why you think we should make an exception in your case and allow another name change please feel free to let us know (we're not so unbending as to never! change the rules), but thus far I'm afraid it just sounds like a whim on your part, after all what is then to stop you coming back in another two months and asking your name to be changed from polaris to something else.

So, unless you have a really! good reason why we should bend the rules for you, I'm afraid I must refuse.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-25 17:13:29

Well... I will have to disagree with you on that one. No, Polaris would be the name I would stick with. As I game with this name, it will be easier for forum users to find me on a specific game. They see a post by me as polaris. They then see me on undead Assault or something like that as polaris, and most likely will associate that name with the forum. I normally would just leave this one alone, but I feel it would make not only forum identification easier, but also in game identification. I understand why username changes are a problem. IF you just let people change there names whenever they want, it would be a disaster both for admins and users alike. But polaris would be here to stay, and you can bet money on that.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-06-25 19:37:46

While I understand the idea, it's actually quite usual to have different names  for different games.

For example, on the Ios game center I am dark tenor, my own character on Alteraeon is Thelok, on Aardwolf it is Kyrel, on Erion it is tanquest, on Cosmic rage it is Akrinax pearl grey scale  etc.

Mostly I just announce in the game across an ooc channel that I am dark from audiogames.net which lets people know, likewise when I am on this forum I just tell people whom my character is.

So while I appreciate the impuls I'm afraid I must still decline your request.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-06-25 20:14:48 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2017-06-25 20:30:13)

Oh well. All good. Still... this rool is just a little too strict for my comfort. Just about every forum I frequent offer a username change system that both limmits / discurrages the changing, but does give users leeway. So, while I respect the decision of the admins, I must respectfully disagree.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2017-06-25 23:58:13

Disagreement noted. We will have a think about  the current rules and if we decide to make any changes we'll let you know.

2017-07-13 11:31:30

Hello,
Could you please change my name from Goran yasin to just Goran?
wait, not just goran, I mean Goran alone without yasin, just, or anything else smile
Thanks in advance.

2017-07-13 19:03:47

I could, and I should, and I would, and I may, and I might, and I will, and I shall, and I have and I have done it!

2017-07-15 13:40:14

Hola, could you change username
old name: El Torro
new name: Gorila

2017-07-16 04:06:12

Greetings, now your all ready for Gorilla warfare big_smile.

2017-07-29 23:36:20

Hello, Please change my username. Current: asredojevic New: BigGun

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-07-30 16:20:01

There you go, one big gun as requested.

of course I'm afraid I didn't send along any big ammo or big gun powder, but I hope you still enjoy the gun big_smile.

2017-09-04 19:46:12

Hello.

Can you please Change  my completely messed up Name?
old Name: Julianjulian.gimplinger
new Name: Julian
Thanks in advance

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-09-04 19:53:05

I'm afraid Julian is already taken by a member who signed up but never posted. Worst luck, under the circumstances.

Would you like to try for another name?

Just myself, as usual.

2017-09-05 19:22:34

*runs off to a nearby forest and screams at the top of his lungs*
sorry about that, but it Looks like I am running into a whole lot of inconvenience with this account.
OK, so I'll try again:
old Name: Julianjulian.gimplinger
new (and hopefully accepted) Name: Juliantheaudiogamer

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-09-05 22:25:00

Hi Julian.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I did look at the other account listed as Julian, just in case it was a spambot account from way back to see if I could delete it and give you the name but that doesn't seem to be possible being that the other Julian account was created in may of this year and has a last visited date after the date of creation meaning the account holder has returned to the forum at least once.

Still, hopefully everything should be fixed now and you can enjoy the forum as normal.

2017-10-01 07:28:09

greetings. I would like to change my name. old name: m.aamir. new name: Aamir. thanks.

2017-10-01 08:37:10

There we go, you now have a full sute of aamir big_smile.

2017-11-07 01:29:33

Hi,
Could I please have my name changed? From DD to BlindNinja
Thanks.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-11-07 07:29:55

haaaa gleen glass hopper! now you are true Ninja, always remember to go for the nadjers, and never ever join a group of more than two other Ninjas big_smile.

2017-11-08 06:47:03

Could my name be changed from Rory to BlindJedi?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-08 07:52:53

Change it I could? and change it I have, but not a Jedi are you yet. Much have you to learn for strong the dark side is.

2017-11-10 20:29:53

Could my current username, gods i still don't know why i used this, almeida_br,
be changed to Drewin?
Thanks in advance

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

2017-11-11 17:15:28

It could be, and it has been and it is done!
Enjoy the new name.

2017-11-11 20:22:05

Hello! Please change my username from 7ro to florianionascu7. Thanks!

If you want to get in touch with me, e-mail me at [email protected].
We can also get in touch on Telegram.

2017-11-12 10:38:12

There you go Florian, and I'd imagine not having to row, row, row, row, row, row, row your boat  make life much easier, now you can just row three times like everyone else ;D.