2017-01-28 03:21:39 (edited by wp85 2017-01-28 03:24:53)

LordLundin where is this mod? I have no life outside of this game, and if I don't have one I'll go crazy. Oh god the wait is so long I can't sleep, I can't eat, I cry at night waiting for it to be completed. You are not allowed to have a life of your own until you finish it. No holidays, no nothing! lol just kitting. Seriously though, I actually haven't played eurofly in a while, so I'm actually the one that's slacking. lol!

Audio game king

2017-01-28 03:24:32

I would upload a cat3 profile, but my dropbox links are disabled

2017-01-29 21:50:47

hey LordLundin are you going to ever finish this mod or What?
I have completed all the tasks and now there is no new task Creator so that I can create my own tasks.

2017-01-29 23:11:20

Seriously dude? give the guy a brake. Nothing in life ever happens when we want it to.

Audio game king

2017-01-30 00:19:10

so far, this game has taught me that I really shouldn't be a pilot.  I can't even take off properly.  well that's a lie, I just can't do much else yet.   I will persist though!

2017-01-30 09:57:49

Nick wrote:

hey LordLundin are you going to ever finish this mod or What?
I have completed all the tasks and now there is no new task Creator so that I can create my own tasks.

What about offering to help him making the mod, or simply start to make your own? It sounds like you have too much time which you could spent on helping with projects like this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-30 10:33:05

So speaking of mods....

A) Has anyone figured out the sound format? I've tried importing actual plane sounds yet they are crackled and distorting or garbled. Is it simply the way I've converted the files?

B) I'm working on a plane pack. Historical planes indeed.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-01-30 16:37:43

dan_c wrote:

so far, this game has taught me that I really shouldn't be a pilot.  I can't even take off properly.  well that's a lie, I just can't do much else yet.   I will persist though!

there are so mutch to implement to make a complete similator!, because in real planes, we have many other things like engine power (in rpm), engine mixture, rudders, airplane lights like landing lites, beacon lights, taxy lights, etc
you can be a pilot! (i'm lieing)

2017-01-31 16:18:28

So....quick question.

Is there a reason why cat 2/3 airports can't have a sole runway? I've submitted an airport that in real life is a single runway airport and would like to see it in that capacity as a category 3 airport in the sim.

Actually....yeah I wouldn't mind seeing the sim get more detailed and allow us to add our airports to a global database of sorts that would be looked at by the devs and published every....say.....few weeks. Just an idea.

Also yes, I'm hoping the sim gets more and more and more detailed and in deepth, as of right now there's not much to do once you put on the auto navigation or autopilot, I've wandered off on transatlantic flights and made coffee or a sandwich and/or anything else.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-31 18:07:59 (edited by visualstudio 2017-01-31 18:12:46)

DracoSelene89 wrote:

So....quick question.

Is there a reason why cat 2/3 airports can't have a sole runway? I've submitted an airport that in real life is a single runway airport and would like to see it in that capacity as a category 3 airport in the sim.

Actually....yeah I wouldn't mind seeing the sim get more detailed and allow us to add our airports to a global database of sorts that would be looked at by the devs and published every....say.....few weeks. Just an idea.

Also yes, I'm hoping the sim gets more and more and more detailed and in deepth, as of right now there's not much to do once you put on the auto navigation or autopilot, I've wandered off on transatlantic flights and made coffee or a sandwich and/or anything else.

it must be rewritten if it wants to be like reality
because air speed is based on nots, we have moc speed, altitude is based on feets, auto pilot flies to a heading, for example 345, not to the destination
in some airplanes, we have more than 2 engines, and the starting are a bit different
in reality, we have 2 radios, comunication and nav
eatch airport has a 4-letter code which in flight they are identified with that code
we have engine RPM, also if you put your nose down, the engine speed must become more
we have mixture lever, spoilers (in some airplanes), also flaps has numbers, they are not opened at once
in some airplanes like boeing 747, for turning on the engines, we have cutoff, and the starter must be engaged
we have rudder, battery master, etc
if this game wants to be real, it must be rewritten
but for a flight sim for blind, it is a cool game and i say grate job to dev

2017-01-31 19:14:25

True but in most* flight sims there's the option to have the rudder be automated (which is there for making it easier to fly with)

Honestly...I'm all for detail like you described Visual, I'm just unsure how willing the devs are to go all in on detail. Consider that FSX has a ton of missing features (no emergencies, simple default aircraft on par with EF's default planes for features, simplistic ATC, very simple traffic and instant restarting of flights if you crash or break your plane)

That being said I would love for the sim to get more detailed, like we both agree, I've been flying since the Flight Unlimited 1 days back in the early 1990s honestly, I can dig up forum posts of features FU2 and 3 had in 1996/1999 respectively that modern flight sims don't have. Like, the ability to declare an emergency in the air, if your engines failed, you could radio a mayday call and get vectors to the nearest airport.

SLIGHT nitpick however....

Flaps depend on the aircraft in question, there are certain aricraft that only have one flap setting,WW2 planes come to mind or the monder derivative, the air racers that run at Reno and are insanely quick, they usually have one flap setting for efficiency and because it's safer to just nudge a flap lever once and power through the climb with the flaps up without having to wait or worry if the flaps are fully retracted. And yes, teh racing P-51 was in FSX gold edition too, so there's that.

Starting the engine....well....what you wrote is true for jets. However for props it's s a different story and even for turboprops or ramjets vs turbine jets, each have their own method of starting.

Navigation....there's more than one type in actual flying, VOR, or beacon to beacon, you can navigate with a map, or indeed use a compass heading (though that is a problem when you get too close, the needle goes absoluely crazy and student pilots have crashed trying to chase the needle sadly....)

Things the sim gets right:

The general airport locations (though why is the UK and Ireland missing airports, do I need to go on a submitting...wait...WHY is an entire county in the UK missing? It's pretty much one of the biggest counties too and it's missing....Devs....I'm not liking the fact you miss an entire vcounty)

Anyhow. Things the sim gets right:

Distances, give or take a few hundred m. Working out the math, it's 99% accurate....but.....it's also inaccurate.

I'll use Hartford (Bradley) as an example since Westover ARB isn't in the sim, even though a) i submitted it and b) It's a public airport....and a military reserve base, and where I got my info about the sounds (more on that later) from.

Bradley is, in the sim, in Hartford. This is MOSTLY true. However, the airport is also in Windsor Locks. I can go to the exact spot in the sim and submit the airpot but I don't want there to be two Bradley airports in the sim....so.....I'm not entirely sure how to solve that one.

The plane selection. Licensing issues aside (it's been said PMDG had to buy a license from Beoing but no hard proof of that), the plane selection is varied, I like that....BUT.....

No iconic planes. No Concorde, no DC-3, no historical aircraft.

The sim gets it right as far as the idea of flying from point A to B. Aside from that.....well.....nah. It's sort of okay for cargo runs.

The sim gets the sounds wrong.

A C-5 Galaxy (at least the ones I have seen and heard out of Westover ARB in Mass) absolutely scream and sound like a four engined angry banshee. In other words, you can hear them clear from ten miles away.

In the sim? The Galaxy sounds muted and yes, I am aware the real Galaxies have different engines and newer quieter engines, but....I can personally attest to hearing the screaming C-5 Galaxies with the oldeder engines absolutely screaming on a climbout. Also heard F-15s screaming into the air....but let's focus on the Galaxy.

The sounds for the sim are too muted and too quiet. A real C-5 does not sound anything like the one in the sim at all.

The DC-9/MD-83  (Sme aricraft. Actually, the real planes have the same FAA type certification for pilots....) do not sound like they do in the sim. In real life they do not constantly sound like they are surging and rolling back all the time, a trait in the sim that is just wrong. If the engine in a real DC-9/MD-83 sounds like that you roll out of the throttles to back it down and let the engine get readjusted. In the sim, if you do that it'll crash the plane.

Speaking of. WHy do planes go bang on takeoff past a certain speed threshold? It's completely baffling. I have been trying for two days to make the Boeing SST (US answer to Concorde) and no matter what I try, the plane blows up on takeoff using the specs of the real aircraft regardless of if I'm the one doing a manual takeoff or an autopilot takeoff....and the reason is always high airspeed. What's up with that? IRL planes don't blow up with full power on climbout unless it's a TWA 747...and that's still a hotly debated issue.

Next thing on my list.....the ATC needs to be looked at. On a flight from London to Southampton...I was told to climb to 5000 and immediately then told to descend to 100 for landing. What's up with that exactly?

Or a more egregious example....Smolensk north to South, 9km flight...take off in an Ilyushin, go to 500 as standard then get vectored up to....get this....8500 and back down to 100 for landing, ended up nearly missing the airport due to descending from 3500 due to the ATC being...well....it needs looking at, the code for it I mean.

Also, I've stated this before but the categories for the aircraft need revising, a 767 is both a domestic and international/transatlantic plane. In fact, I have a list of each plane in the sim with what automation it has or doesn't have, and several of the Cat 1 planes have things that would be a better fit for Cat 2, i.e. the Embraer EMB-120 has a nav hold and speed hold, and altitude hold. And that's a cat 1 aircraft that in the sim has none of those things.

IMHO, either revise the categories, put cat 1 for private planes, cessena and so forth, private planes in Cat 1 and disable passenger for the category. Put the Cat 1 passenger planes into cat 1.5 in effect (I'll think a better name later on)...and let the cat 1.5 land at cat 1 airports, but give them the automation that cat 2 has.

That would go a long way towards having more tasks to do.

Speaking of tasks, I'd go more in depth with them honestly, they all seem to be the very same thing, go here, sotpover here, go there. I know that's how it is for pilots but....in terms of actual gameplay.....it's dull and repetitive. The first ten tasks are a chore to get through once the distances start getting longer and longer frankly.it.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-31 19:51:15

@
DracoSelene89
holy mother fuck dude!
I love you. Now ... let's Watch the devs implement this shit. I Think not ... sad
one can Always hope.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-01-31 21:07:55

also, you must learn to fly VFR before trying to learn fly IFR
second, in my idea, you must be aible to see the temprature, boath actual tempreture and current tempreture
in reality, you must tell ATC that you have landed, or you left the runway to taxy or you want to go from taxy to runway to take off
another thing is lights, which in IFR flying you must turn them on or off
also, eatch airport has it's own frequencies
and, ATC must provide you how to fly, for example, fly at 345, or fly south downwind 010 degrees
another thing is altimeter which you must be aible to set
avionics is another thing
and, you must be aible to complete check lists like before take off, approach, landing, etc

2017-01-31 21:21:56

The thing with Eurofly is it just seems so basic as of right now, there's great ideas there, but that's all they are, ideas. It's not fleshed out at all. It feels honestly like an alpha project got put out there and people liked it, if anything it feels, at least to me, like a tech demo.

Comparing it to FSX would just be horribly wrong, so I'm gonna compare it to MSFS 5.0 or 6.0 which were about the same level of physics, in those sims you had similar aircraft, you had a similar area in scale and similar controls (arrow keys and so forth), yet MSFS 5.0 and even 6.0 that came later, nailed the basics of flight, the plane in those sims lost speed while climbing, you had an engine RPM gauge you had to monitor, you had a fuel level, you had to pull the throttles back while landing for instance, you had to know the basics of flying a plane.

In this? Nah, you're straight into task 1, there's zero tutorial or help or anything as it is right now (see the 'how do I take off' questions in both topics), it sorely needs help, or at the very least a competent English speaker to go through and translate all the documentation into English and go over the tasks and rewrite them and get the tidied up versions in the sim, they sound like they are taken straight from Google Translate.

Don't get me wrong. Eurofly is a good starting point...but....I just hope the devs work on it and make it the flight sim we all want, from the people who just want to go exploring in a Cessena (I'll admit, Eurofly is good for that honestly....just go off and explore) to the uber super serious hardcore flyer who wants to pull every switch and turn every dial in a 777 with a co pilot in the other seat. IF they can nail that....I for one would take back my criticism. That being said....I'm not hopeful, not because it's a small indie project, but simply because it's merely a few guys and a starting point, I'm just worried they'll get swarmed with ideas and swamped with ideas and get burned out on the project.

As an aside, just as a kicking an idea around, what if we all contributed to a Kickstarter that got....for argument's sake....a million bucks for making our ideal flight sim. Would it even get off the ground. Pun fully intended, I'm just kicking ideas around. I love the PMDG planes for their engineering and complexity, but.....I simply want Eurofly to become what we all want, or for a new dev to take up the challenge of a truly awesome accessible flight sim, and one that covers the whole spectrum from casual Cessna exploratory flyer, to uber hardcore 250,000 flight hours 777 captain doing real time 8 hour transatlantic flights sitting in a chair talking on Skype with virtual ATC.
If something like that gets made.....imagine the possibilities.

Sadly there's so many odd choices within Eurofly that we just gotta  hope the devs implement the ideas here....again, I'm not holding out hope though.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-01 08:42:31

Hi.
It's so great to see all those comments on how the developers can make Eurofly even better and more realistic. It seems like you know more about a real flying sim than they do. So yeah, I hope they'll consider all this... big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-02-01 12:18:18

It's not about knowing how to make a flight sim better than the devs.

It's about getting the basics in order before anything else. I mean you wouldn't put out....say...an audio RPG without the ability to talk to NPCs now would you? Same thing with Eurofly, it's missing key....no....basic fundimental features that absolutely need to be 100% working before anything else.

Here's the thing that irks me about Eurofly. The more you progress, the less there is to actually do flying wise. Yes, I can spend my time going around in regional prop planes like the Embraer or the Convair or the Legacy, and I like the short hops between airports, after all regional pilots in the real world take off and land many, many times a day and fly short routes.....but once you get to category 2 and especially 3, you just hit a button, and the plane flies itself.

That's not so much an issue in Cat II since you still have to manage your speed and weather, but once you get to cat III that's all done for you with the autopilot virtually making you not needed bar the radio.

The thing is in real aircraft, and even other flight sims, (I'll go back to FU2/3 again...FU2 had no autopilot at all because it was general aviation and FU3 had autopilots in all the aircraft),  you are involved in flying, you feel the plane moving around, something nobody can ever get on a simulator outside of expensive custom built rigs or time on a commercial simulator, which isn't exactly accessible anyhow.

POint is....well.....I'll take you through the steps to fire u up the Beechjet in FU3. I can pretty much do this from memory.

1. Turn on power,
2. Turn on all the lights in the top row
3. Turn on AC
4. TUrn on anti ice (if needed)
5. Turn on boost pumps
5. Turn on hydraulic pumps ()(there's a specific reason that was stated in the manual for this order and I forgot what it is...IIRC off the top of my head it's that the boost pumps provide fuel to the hydraulic pumps or something similar)t
6. Move then engine starter to either the right for engine 2 or left for engine 1.
7. Hold in the button to start engine 1 and wait for it to stabilise
8. While that's spooling up, set up the radios, click and type in the frequencies and no, there's no button to remind you, you have oto either remember them or go to the map and read them off the top right of the map and note which one is which.
9. Start up engine #1, wait for it to spool up.

10> Set the transponder to 1200 for VFR flight (something that's not modeled yet in EF....I would love a 1200 transpoder for VFR flight)

And now is where it gets interesting....

13.  Contact ground on the frequency provided and radio for taxi permission.
14. Acknowledge their message and tune to ATIS and listen
14. Then back to the ground frequency and again request taxi permission and confirm it, and note down which taxiways you're told to stay on. The controllers will call you  out if you screw up...and yes, I have run into 737s before.

15. While all this is going on the lots of other aircraft are using the ground frequency so you have to wait for your gap to transmit your message too, you can't transmit over everyone else or spam the same message.

16. So you got to the runway, congrats, now change your radio to the tower frequency, put the flaps down to the number in the manual (two nothces I believe offhand) and radio for takoff clearance. If you don't get it, just wait.

^ Admittedly that's a condensed version of the most complex airplane in that sim, but that illustrates the detail LGI put in, in a 1999 sim that blows most modern sims out of the water in some regards. I believe if you got some sight or a sighted friend to help, you can actually go get FU3 for free as LGI's no longer in business, I urge those with sight to try it out and try the Beechjet.

Compared to even FU3, Eurofly just seems.....well, it seems like a foundation by comparison to get built on yet I was discussing this with a few friends on SKype last night, and we came to the concusion the devs would be better off tearing EF down and rebuilding it as a space game if they don't change the current physics, they more resembled a spaceship than an aircraft when none of the four forces that act on a plane are taken into account (lift, gravity, thrust and drag), it's as if your plane is being pulled up on a winch or is on a cord for the majority of the flight, or it's merely on a conveyor system. Like I said in the other post, there's some good ideas there but they are just that, ideas. Not fleshed out at all currently. Yes, the autopilot's there, but it's basic. You have actual planes, but aside from speed and range stats they aren't any different handling or feel wise from one another honestly, they all acelerate at the same rate and slow down at the same rate, in real life a Cessena will slow down a lot quicker than a big 737, as an example. it just feels like the devs slapped plane names on and put Eurofly out there to say hey, gamers have a flight sim now too.

I may be coming off as overly critical but I an not about to go easy on a flight sim that doesn't even get the basics right, regardless of if it's for disabled gamers, or everyone else. That's just how I am, I will call a turd a turd, even if the turd is the only one out on a particular market.

Okay. Rant over now....I think. Time for my much needed caffeine...gravitty,

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-01 17:58:40

also, in real flights, we have stall conditions, when you want to fall over
or airplane bank to left or right, which must be controled
also crosswinds change the speed, and they eaven change airplanes heading
i'm saying again, airplanes speed is based on nots, not kilometers
a not is 1.85 kilometer
and, i will tell you how to start boeing 777-200 which is exist on eurofly:
1. turn your both left and right landing lights on
2. turn battery master on
3. turn on APU
4. turn on generator
5. set your wings
6. turn beacon lights on
7. turn your pumps on
8. turn your engine 1 on
8. do this with engines 2, 3, and 4
9. turn your APU and generator off because your engines will charge your battery
there is a lot to do, but i wish dev do this, because this game can become better and better
although as
DracoSelene89 said, these are ideas, and it requires a lot work to do

2017-02-02 09:28:34

I get your point. My point is: The devs properly didn't know about all this from the other flight simulators before they started to work on Eurofly.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-02-02 11:17:11

@1292: That's the problem, they are ideas and once again I ain't sure if the devs even want our ideas to be honest. It's all very well and  good pointing out the flaws....and....there was a good point made on a blog I visit about calling devs out on crappy or incomplete products and that you absolutely have to do so.

@1293: Honestly....I'm hoping that isn't the case. Flight sims and anything about flying is freely available. It isn't like you're making up your own world with lore and myths and stuff as an example and you aren't basing any of it in reality. There's quite literally billions of bits of research material about flight or anything related to it that take a few seconds to listen to, I'm seriously hoping the devs have done their research and figure it out down the line. Like I said, Eurofly is merelt a starting point, a foundation and I want the devs to...well....I want them to completely tear down Eurofly and....release Eurofly 2.0  with our features in it and no other BS, let us add our own airports for example with a button and remove airports with a key combo in the walking around mode, go into uber detail with the planes and everything else we discussed. It's just....I dunno, it's just sad really that Eurofly's the best....or....one of the few flight audio sims we got.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 11:15:38

how did this game go from an insane amount of praise to this? lol

I'd like to remind everyone, that while I agree with your ideas and have a buncha my own, keep in mind this game was first and foremost an Atlas with the flying added as an afterthought.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-02-03 11:52:33

Ahoy there.

@LordLundin, Not surprising,really. If people are given a product for free without nothing being charged, they have a tendency to crib and demand.
Sure I agree to a point it could have a few things that could need improvement, but realization of the fact is necessary that 1, developers weren't going for a real to god simulation feel,and second that this is a work done in the developers own time with nothing but donations and is provided for free.
Sure it is sad that we don't have FSX like audiogames,but that doesn't mean that you beat on what exists, rather praise it for what has been done. After all, how many other games can you point at that is accessible to us, and say this does all things and somethings better than Eurofly does?

As if all this isn't enough, and as simplistic you think Eurofly is, and all the things that are missing all the things such as starting lights,pumps etc bla shit, see how many posts there are bemoaning the difficulty of the game,and the problems they are having taking off,landing and so on. Before you point at the manual and say this is the only reason, there are people that have read Orin's getting started guide and still have issues managing.

I would also request generally at people to post in the other topic that was created for Eurofly. That topic was created specificly because this topic was huge,and the first few pages make people think that a english version isn't out is still in the works,and finding the link is also difficult.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-03 11:53:04

Well in my case, I compared it to other flight sims and simply expanded on what other people pointed out.....and added my own opinions.

Don't get me wrong. Technology wise it's a great bit of tech, and it's good accessible flight sims exist......BUT......like I keep saying, it's bare bones, it's very basic.

Or, think of it this way. The honeymoon period is over and now the game is really showing what it is and where it needs improvement. I'm willing to give the devs a chance personally and see where it goes from here but it'll have to get the basics of flight right to impress me.

Also on Linux natively

2017-02-03 19:16:16

Hi Draco,

Did you say there are other accessible flight sims out there? can you post a link to them here please?

thanks

2017-02-03 21:24:21

TDV comes to mind as the best flight sim out there ... it even has awesome dynamic joystick support (I call eurofly's "support" static)

there's also Zero Sight, which ... other than the Engine sounds ... can francly go fuck itself.  smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-02-03 22:01:36

What LordLondon said.

Okay. Accessible flight sims that jump out.

FSX. I know what youre thinking. That's not accessible. Well...it is, but it needs a $60 addon. If you want to get into that, check the topics in the general forum.

There's 3D Velocity...again, topic in the main forum, it's honestly more of a fighter sim though it has some neat elements, and a good story.

There's Zero Sight which...honestly....I'm neutral on. It feels like a fighter jet version of Eurofly and the controls make little sense. Plus it's hard for people on laptops to play.

Start with those three and gooask questions

Also on Linux natively