2016-07-26 19:52:29

Blindfold Games and RS Games have teamed up to bring you the Blindfold RS Games App for IOS! You get to try all the games free for 7 days then you have to pay for the ones you want to play. Here is the link to the app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blindfo … mpt=uo%3D8

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-07-26 20:02:18

when I go to log in, there is no next button or done button after I enter in my user name. I am stuck on this screen, cant get to the part to enter in my password

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-07-26 20:04:31 (edited by Jeffb 2016-07-26 20:06:41)

You have to look for the return key. The return key is to the right of the spacebar.

2016-07-27 07:53:50

hi.
Wow, this is so amazing! This is something I've been wanting for a long time, and it's finally here! You guys have done an amazing job.
I just have 2 questions. I sent an email to rs games yesterday but haven't gotten a reply yet so thought I'd post here as well.
First, I've noticed that sometimes while playing the games the voice will make these funny clicking sounds when it speeks. Is this something on my end or is it a problem with the ap?
Also, while playing monopoly, I noticed that there are no dice rolling sounds, as well as no winning sounds. Is this intentional or something on my end? I notice that every time I log into that game, it always says downloading sounds but then it says all sounds have been downloaded successfully right away, but it wants to do this every time I launch the game, which is why I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end.
Thanks once again for an amazing application. I look forward to future updates, and i'll certainly be buying these games when I get a little more money.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-07-27 09:48:57

Hi.
I really like this, and having the games on my iphone will motivate me to play the RS games much more for sure.
I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like the way the app is made.
1: Please, make a standard app instead of making your own interface and gestures. The app does really mess things up in a lot of siturations. On the keyboard, Voiceover can get stuck so you can't type and can't read what you have written. If english is not the phones default language and you have switched the language using the rotor, Voiceover will sometimes switch the language, and because of the damn interface of the app, you can't use the rotor to change it back.
2: The self voice feature where you use Voiceover is broken. It's skipping the messages in the app and the games, and it seems like there isn't a way to get the messages repeated. The voices in the game do work great though, but it would be nice to be able to use VOiceover as well.
Don't make me wrong, I really, really like this, and I don't mind paying for the games I like to play, because I think both RS Games and Blindfold have deserved a lot of money for all this great work. It is amazing for sure all this you can do in the app. One thing I'm looking forward to though is to have all the games in the app instead of having them as seperet apps. I read somewhere that this will come in the future though.
I look damn much forward to play this some more on my iPhone. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-07-28 02:43:45

When I looked at the iPhone app description it said there were 20 games.
I only found 19 on the RS Games site.
list of 19 games
1000 Miles
Apples to Apples
Battleship
Bingo
Blackjack
Cards Against Humanity
Dreidel
Farkle
I Doubt It
Monopoly
Ninety-nine
Pig
Rummy
Shut the Box
Slot Machines
Toss Up
Uno
Yahtzee
Zombie Dice
Am I missing one, ore is the slot machine considered two games?

2016-07-28 05:02:23

Hi,

Are the trials tied to your RS Games account or your Apple ID? I'm just curious. I'll consider purchasing some or all these games at some point. The prices revery fair.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-07-28 05:12:06

Must of been a typo I'll let them know. I'm not sure how the trials work. All the RS games are in one app so I'm not sure what you mean SLJ. @bryant I'm not sure what's wrong you might want to try contacting them. The Blindfold games developer is responding to the Applevis topic if anyone wants to post there too. I gave him the link to this topic but it seems like he has alot going on at the moment.

http://applevis.com/apps/ios/games/blindfold-rs-games

2016-07-28 08:16:33

Hi.
Oh, the help says that the games are downloaded individuelly as apps, and they'll recommend people to create a folder containing all the games. But it seems like I got that wrong, but the help says that, somewhere.
It seems like the payed games are related to the Apple ID and not the RS Games account.
I'll either post on the Applevis forum or contact Blindfold by mail to explain the issues I'm having with their custom interface. But again, I really like it accept for that.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2016-07-29 01:39:55

I do hope that rs will hopefully think of making a version of the rs gaming for android seeing how marti, who obviously does the blind fold titles for IOS, has no desires of bringing any titles to android.   though if if rs has teamed with him, then he should make a port for android not only cause he's getting paid for the games if one wants them or what not.   in adition, rs games, is not a one platformed direction.  for instance,  a person doesn't have to have windows to play there titles.   so it souldn't be this way in the portable world either.    but it is what it is I suppose.

2016-07-29 15:19:35

Well, I've tested the apps, and as SLJ said, the game related to your apple ID. not your RSGames account.

2016-07-31 01:06:48

@musicalprofessor: The IOS version just got released. Let's be patient and see what happens. Also, it can be a little hard to develop for android if you don't have the resources or own an android yourself.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-07-31 01:14:26

Why Marty does not develop these games for other platforms: https://blindfoldgames.org/2016/05/02/b … ed-iphone/

2016-07-31 09:47:56

Yes, this might be a reason for not making their own games for Android. But this is not a reason for not making the RS games client for Android, because I think that's written from scratch anyway. Rs Games can of course choose other developers to help making a client for Android. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2016-07-31 21:58:34 (edited by CritterPup 2016-07-31 21:59:56)

I'm going to be 150% honest... I don't think any of the blindfold games are worth anything. They're simple games that should be free and I do enjoy playing them sometimes but I feel like the developer, and no offense to him whatsoever, is just trying to milk as much money out of people as he can, and that's demonstrated here. No, I personally think I'll stick to playing the PC version and save the cash. Actually I take part of that back, maybe bowling and a few others, but the card games and such, no.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-07-31 22:19:49

ghost rider wrote:

I'm going to be 150% honest... I don't think any of the blindfold games are worth anything. They're simple games that should be free and I do enjoy playing them sometimes but I feel like the developer, and no offense to him whatsoever, is just trying to milk as much money out of people as he can, and that's demonstrated here. No, I personally think I'll stick to playing the PC version and save the cash. Actually I take part of that back, maybe bowling and a few others, but the card games and such, no.

i totally agree. And this shitty interface.

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2016-08-01 01:08:30

to bryant, no, i caon't say patients is in my book especially when i have already had email convo with marti who in fact has no interest of putting his titles on android.  with this being said, considering factors that this is blindfold rs games,   this only means he is partially incharge of this and, it will not go to android unless, rs does it themselves.     to those who feel he is trying to milk monies out of whoever he can, think of your platform its own.  considering how much apple takes from developers, i'm not abit surprised of him charging at some point.   you can't get games free forever.   and it only makes it worse when they are only for one platform, and a small audience.   i'm not saying it would gain alot more on android but it would expand alot farther then staying in on circle.   and one area.

2016-08-01 01:10:09

quite frankly, i try to pull for games that are able to be played by all of us and are cross platformed.   with that being said,   i will soon post a topic on afew titles that i recently found that are able to be played by all and that are accessible.   and i found these recently  so stay tuned.

2016-08-01 03:20:48 (edited by Jeffb 2016-08-01 03:22:15)

I'm interested to see such games that can be played on PC, Mac, IOS, and Droid if such a game exists. Here's the thing though sadly games are usually only made for 1 platform if you’re lucky 2. The coding is different the platforms are different and it is a lot to manage. I think that a Droid platform for RS games is possible but a developer would have to be able to do it. I agree that a lot of the Blindfold games are pricey, and overpriced. However I also don't know anyone that turns out games as fast as Blindfold Games do. Some of the games you don't have to pay for because you can exchange ads for tokens. I think that instead of having to pay to play the game that Blindfold Games should focus more on perks like most other fremium games do. However you do get to try the game before you decide if you like it or not. There for buying the game is always your decision. That said you don't have to even get the game if you don't like it or don't like certain things about it. Allot of audio games are just made on the PC and that's it and I don't recall anyone complaining about that. If the price is an issue for you then don't get it but at least games are being made and in our small small audio game market beggars can't always be choosers.

2016-08-03 04:43:06

this may not be the same but with all of this said, i think i will stick to the play room games.  atleast you can play those games on a browser and still recieve sound affects.   and it doesn't matter the platform.  i can play them through the client on pc.   or, i can play them through my browser or browsers on my mobile devices.   and i can still get sounds.   rs games allows this but your sounds only come through the app client on pc devices or of corse if you want to hear them through BFG's rs games client i'm sure.   though its different, atleast i won't be getting singled out and that goes for others who don't have or wana be on there pc but wana still hear sounds in games and don't have to feel forced else ware.   again, stay tuned ware i will be making a or some topics on more games i found that are cros platform play, some have sound and others may be text based but everyone sighted and blind and VIP users can all play.

2016-09-12 16:59:26

Hi
I respect the work of developers, but it seems crazy to pay so much money for the games separately, when in the pc I can play all the games for free.
If the rs games client then turned of payment my previous comment is not valid.
but if the client is still free, it seems crazy to pay money just to have the iOS platform.
up on top you have to buy the games separately, not was more logical to sell all games in one package?
I was excited when I read this news, but honestly now I am very disappointed.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-09-12 17:18:57

I very much agree with you man.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-12 21:57:16

Hi all. As I said on the audissy list the ios rs games client is overprice for me personally. When I heard about the client I was happy because it is a kool thing, but when I checked the prices I had the sensation that I will threw up. I agree that Marty did a very complicate work but it sounds crazy.

2016-09-13 00:44:21

Hello
Totally agree with the comment Bogdan
best regards.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-09-13 08:06:45

Hi.
When thinking about how much time people have spent making the IOS client, I think the games is a fair price. No one is forcing you to buy all the games. Would you be forced to pay the same price for all the games instead, knowing that you won't play them all? You can just buy the games you wanna play...

Best regards SLJ.