2016-07-20 23:50:33

Hello. A few days ago, I discovered a mud called shattered isles that held a lot of interest for me. The world is very lovely, and has a lot of history behind it. It is fairly accessible, aside from the fact that in the beginning, when creating an account for the first time, and logging in, not all the lines will read properly. Roll play is encouraged, but no one is lopping off heads over out of character interactions. Most importantly however, the mud doesn't focus on combat or quests, rather on advancing various crafts and skills through the game. If anyone would like to try, the information follows. If you wish to track me down, I am called Syrentia, and for now, at least, am still on the introductory island. I hope someone finds this helpful, and if anyone has questions, feel free to post them here, though i am still learning myself.

shatteredisles.net

2016-07-23 03:53:42

It's not related to iron realms is it?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-07-23 03:54:53

no, not as far as I'm aware anyway.

2016-07-23 04:27:12

Hello folks. No, it's not. I've played there a long time ago and the game is prety unique. Though I found the object interaction a bit limited by the time I tryed.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-07-23 06:32:42

oh if it's not then interesting so far. i'm not quite far into it if it's anything iron realms, lol. may be this one's good for making soundpacks for.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2016-07-23 07:23:32

hello
it may be a little better now, though a good many things are somewhat repetitive. yes, i think it would be a great thing to add sound packs but I know nothing on the subject.

2016-07-23 17:21:24

Hello again... Mata, it is not from Iron Realms. And the basic main problem is that you must use a skill x times before leveling it up.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-07-23 18:14:00

ah. yes, that is true, skills are leveled from using that skill, which can be tedious. I don't mind though, as this is how it would be in real life as well.

2016-07-29 00:25:21

so i don't get what do you do in this mud?

2016-07-29 00:40:47 (edited by musicfairy 2016-07-29 00:42:53)

That depends on what you want. You go around the world, and gather resources you then use in skills. The best way to figure out what to do is to log on. In fact, there is a weekly hunt that happens today on the introductary island. People there will be able to answer your questions. I may be there as well, we will see. Regardless, I am on a lot, and so can probably come find you and help if needed as well. But the way to know what to do is log in. Also, they have a users guide on their cite, shatteredisles.com . I hope this helps a little. Oh, and the hunt meets at the academy crossroads. If you want to come and can't find it, let me know. Skype is musicfairy200, and twitter is musicfairy15. Just say you need help with the game in your intro skype messageThe hunt is at 8 central time, and is not only a good sourse of answers, but a good way to practice skills and gather things.

2016-08-26 18:13:55

Hey there, people. For some reazon, my mush z's acting weird when I try to connect to shattered isles. I'm not able to properly send commands to it,
the answers come with a delay and I'm even unable to connect with my character. I figured its something I need to configure in my client. If anyone
uses mush client, could you please help me?

2016-08-26 19:06:52

any idea what should I do after visiting  the    chamber?
and for registering, I recommend you to use vipmud for a moment, and then back to mush client,

2016-08-27 16:48:40

which chamber exactly? Depending on the command, sometimes their is a little lag to simulate a little of how long it would actually take. Connecting is interesting, it doesn't properly read everything as it's coming. this is fixed when you get past the log in screen. i believe the sequence is name, y, password, password, and then another enter press. that should launch you into the setup process which works as expected.

2016-08-27 17:09:50

warrior chamber smile , I already talk to the warrior, and then not sure what to do as a starter

2016-09-01 04:31:26

if you mean the chambers in the academy, they are just places to practice your skills, typing skills, spells, trades, and prayers will give you a good list of the skills you can do while their, but yeah, more than anything it's a practice area