2018-05-28 16:51:07

Well, post 48 answered my questions too and, someone said, I can understand gde more than bgt.
I really, really agree on that, with this tool, I can do small games like in the tutorials, but in bgt I can not learn how to write all necessary things.
Thanks for making that and regarding ethernet port, that will be hard, I do not know others, but I can not disconnect my router because it is just crap so it looses everithing when disconnected.
Instead if you will not have wifi, plug in an usb hub, a wifi adapter there and a keyboard and enter the passwords.
Thanks for making one of my dreams possible making this console.
And sorry for alot of errors, but I am writing with a really, really small keyboard.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-28 20:23:52

Yeah. Not to say that I didn't manage to get my small games to at least load when working with BGT, but that was about as far as it went. With the Sonus GDE I actually managed to get the punch-up and counter games to do what I wanted them to with little trouble once I figured out where my mistakes were located. Granted I don't know how well it would go were I to attempt a more substantial project but it is still encouraging.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-05-28 20:26:22

I agree with you, more substantial projects will be harder, but these small ones are easy, so easy, even an noncoder like me can do them.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-29 15:36:15

hello,
i have some suggestions for gde and the sonus console:
1. gde is limited because it doesnt have a possibility to code for sonus (think of a physics system etc)
it should have an interpreter to execute a script
something like lua is good because it could be embedded into the console and it doesnt require so much overhead, and then it can execute the lua's byteCode
2. sonus should support a type of executable file (like elf) and we as developers should be aible to write our modules (like .so (shared objects) in linux or android)
3. like other consoles, sonus should have api to interact with the device (buttons, processor, etc) and a possibility for getting battery information, wifi, device status etc
4. i recommend fLite for tts system (then if you support modules, it is possible to place the tts module (different sounds) in a directory and use it
also, it becomes possible for other developers to develop more tts sounds for it
these were the suggestions which came to my mind
also if you want, i can provide more information and help you for making sonnus better and better

2018-05-29 18:11:43

Re Post 154: I believe some of these suggestions are beyond the scope of the intent for Sonus, definitely in its first iteration. Adding these features would defeat the intended simplicity of content creation that is the MO of the Sonus project. I do believe all the device status stuff will be available from the system's main menu anyway, so it may be superfluous to add that capability to games. I'm also not sure about adding executable code to the device and cartridges. Remember, this is how piracy was feasible in the PlayStation and its descendants. People were able to run small elf programs that bypassed the console's innate copy protection scheme.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2018-05-29 19:39:50

@155, if you are connected to the internet and run a pirated game in ps4, your device will be banned
also, i'm not saying content creation should be for advanced users only
i mean, the simple form should be existed, plus the way to code advanced stuff

2018-05-29 22:57:23

Visualstudio has raised a good point about appealing towards more advanced users. This is something I was already aware of and do have future plans to create a "run script" action for the python language. Allowing you to make python files on your game and use the G D E to instruct the sonus to run them.

This keeps the simplicity but just adds an action programmers can use and normal users can ignore.

There will be details on how to access the Game Objects etc using python when that update does happen.

2018-05-30 02:17:12

another thing that i have in my mind is, sonus like any other console should have some other api functions (like when you want to check for example in button 1 pressed action if button 2 is held down beside that, do this or otherwise do that)
also, there should be a way for an advanced user to write his entire game in the scripting language
i dont know a way to embed python into sonus (maybe there might be a way exist) to do that

2018-05-30 17:25:34

When the python script function becomes available, it should be capable of creating an entire game using nothing but python programming. It may however need one game object to fire the initial python file.

It is something that has always been intended but isnt the highest on the priority list.

2018-05-31 07:52:44

Wow. Yet an other reason to learn Python. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-31 23:37:24

If any one is interested in a quick update. I just had a meeting with my manufacturers and saw the designs they presented me. They look amazing. Sleek and looks comfortable to hold. We are going to have a non functioning model made just to make sure it feels right.

The current cost for the enclosures however are very high. 200 pounds or so. Im looking at having a tool made to bring the unit price down however that costs 10s or thousands. So in order to keep costs down for the end user i may have to start looking towards some investment options and start up capital.

Thanks for the support guy. Things are looking good

2018-06-01 03:26:48

Hey, Aaronlp.
I am excited about this console.
Do you have an idea of when you would like to see this out on the market?

2018-06-01 15:40:23

Im hoping i will be out demonstrating the prototype later this year. The prototype is a near complete version of the sonus so I would like to think mid or latter next year would be possible

2018-06-01 22:55:46

Hey, Aaronlp.
That sounds great.

2018-06-02 13:21:14

Guess we wait and see. I for one could see myself owning one.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!